- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 1,204
- Gross Revenues: $1,466,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,215,000
- Profits Per Partner: $3,045,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher is a Los Angeles-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher has 1204 attorneys and is the 18th largest firm in the United States. With $1,466,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 11th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher ranked as the 15th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, CO, DC, NY, TX and WA.
In the News
: The National Law Journal : July 06, 2015
Revisiting affirmative action, the U.S. Supreme Court on June 29 agreed to take a second look at the constitutionality of the admissions policy of the University of Texas at Austin. Plus more in this week's column.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 03, 2015
M&A league tables for the first half of 2015 compiled by Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters show Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom leading the pack among legal advisers, while several other Am Law 100 firms prepare to fete the Fourth of July with some insurance-related transactional work.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : July 02, 2015
Two years after Colin Stretch took over as GC, his department continues to send most legal work to three firms.
: VerdictSearch : July 01, 2015
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : July 01, 2015
A handful of international firms have obtained a Qualifying Foreign Law Practice license, which allows them to hire Singapore-qualified lawyers and practice some local law. Others say it's not worth the trouble.
Michael D. Goldhaber : Focus Europe : July 01, 2015
The 10 biggest disputes from our 2015 survey, ranked by the amount in controversy.
Joel Stashenko : New York Law Journal : July 01, 2015
Four parcels of property may be incorporated into an ambitious New York University expansion project in Manhattan's Greenwich Village without violating principles of the proper use of public parkland, the state Court of Appeals ruled Tuesday.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 01, 2015
A leading structured finance team leaves Ashurst for Paul Hastings; a Quinn Emanuel associate development director moves on; Dentons closes on a combination; DLA Piper bolts on a boutique Down Under; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Mark Hamblett : New York Law Journal : July 01, 2015
A finding that Apple engaged in a price-fixing conspiracy with five publishers as it broke into the ebooks market dominated by Amazon.com was upheld by a divided U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit this morning.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : June 30, 2015
An unusual settlement between Apple and private plaintiffs who challenged e-book prices looks like quite a good deal for the plaintiffs and their lawyers, now that the Second Circuit has upheld the DOJ's antitrust win against Apple.
Cheryl Miller : The Recorder : June 29, 2015
Gibson Dunn's Daniel Kolkey helped create the California commission that draws the political map, much like the Arizona system upheld Monday.
: New York Law Journal : June 29, 2015
The First Decade Committee of the Federal Bar Council, in conjunction with its Public Service Committee, presented awards for pro bono service.
David Bario : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
In the Teva-Mylan takeover fight, a magistrate judge advises that Kirkland's previous work for Mylan should bar it from advising Teva.
: The National Law Journal : June 29, 2015
A federal district judge in Washington last week blocked the proposed $8.2 billion merger between food distributors Sysco Corp. and US Foods Inc. Plus more in this week's column.
MP McQueen : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
Jenner & Block takes the top spot in our annual pro bono survey; Arnold & Porter is second.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : June 29, 2015
The taxi-hailing service has tapped Mohit Abraham of Khaitan & Co., the firm currently defending Uber against a ban in Delhi.
: The National Law Journal : June 29, 2015
In this special report, The National Law Journal takes the measure of litigation departments in our nation's capital.
Zoe Tillman : The National Law Journal : June 29, 2015
Zoe Tillman : Legal Times : June 29, 2015
A round up of news from ALM affiliated publications and around the web: More reactions to Friday's same-sex marriage ruling, how Big Law is failing legal aid and the story of a drug-addicted narcotics cop.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 28, 2015
Kirkland snags a top London tax partner but loses three others; McKenna Long & Aldridge sees more lateral movement ahead of its deal with Dentons; Shearman & Sterling opens in Saudi Arabia; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : June 26, 2015
The company has tapped Orrick to fight claims its executives fostered a misogynistic culture and stood in the way of advancement for female employees.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 26, 2015
Hall advised Delhaize Group in its merger with Koninklijke Ahold NV, which will create a combined company valued at $29 billion.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : June 26, 2015
… And about the long road to equality.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 25, 2015
The Am Law 100 firm took the lead this week for clients such as The Williams Companies, Cigna and Delhaize on a trio of potential deals totaling some $124 billion in value.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : June 25, 2015
Lone Star Funds of Dallas has agreed to acquire Home Properties, of Rochester, for $7.6 billion, including assumed debt.
Angela Neville : Texas Lawyer : June 24, 2015
Recently The Williams Group publicly rejected the $53.1 billion acquisition offer made by Dallas-based Energy Transfer Equity.
Zach Warren : Legaltech News : June 24, 2015
Statistical analysis can both minimize the burden of discovery and provide a guideline to help document reviewers determine the next steps to take.
Zoe Tillman : Legal Times : June 23, 2015
The U.S. Department of Education can determine if students attending for-profit colleges are eligible for financial aid based on graduates' ability to pay off their school debt, U.S. District Judge John Bates in Washington ruled on Tuesday.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 23, 2015
Partner Andrew Tulumello joined Winston & Strawn's Jeffrey Kessler on Tuesday to contest quarterback Tom Brady's suspension.