- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 1,212
- Gross Revenues: $1,535,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,265,000
- Profits Per Partner: $3,185,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher is a Los Angeles-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2016 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher has 1212 attorneys and is the 17th largest firm in the United States. With $1,535,500,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 11th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher ranked as the 15th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, CO, DC, NY, TX and WA.
In the News
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : July 01, 2016
A Santa Clara jury bought the company's argument that Oracle had damaged its Itanium server business.
: The American Lawyer : July 01, 2016
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : June 30, 2016
U.S. Distirct Judge Edward Chen said he still isn't clear on whether the deal is a good one for the class, or what exactly is being settled.
Rose Walker : The Am Law Daily : June 30, 2016
On the heels of the U.K.'s vote to leave the European Union, two corporate partners are leaving Latham & Watkins, including the latter's Frankfurt office leader, to open a new outpost for Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 30, 2016
A look at the Am Law 100 firms behind Lions Gate's bid to buy Starz; Apollo's latest acquisition effort; and a pair of big health care transactions.
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : June 29, 2016
The $3 billion dispute, now in a jury's hands, stems from Oracle's withdrawal of software support for the Itanium chip.
Vivia Chen : The Careerist : June 29, 2016
Most projects skew left. But some lawyers and firms have bucked the trend.
Andrew Denney : New York Law Journal : June 29, 2016
Manufacturers have a duty to warn of the dangers of using their products if they contain asbestos-laden parts from a third party that are essential for those products to function, the state Court of Appeals ruled Tuesday in two appeals.
Mark Hamblett : New York Law Journal : June 28, 2016
Sheldon Silver and Dean Skelos may think they have fresh ammunition for their appeals on political corruption charges following a major U.S. Supreme Court decision today, but prosecutors beg to differ.
Rebecca Cohen : The Recorder : June 27, 2016
Stanford Law School's first Women in the Law Hackathon generated unique ideas to improve gender equality in the law.
Marcia Coyle : The National Law Journal : June 27, 2016
Thomas Hungar, co-chairman of the appellate and constitutional law practice group at Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, is moving from Connecticut Avenue to Capitol Hill as the new general counsel of the U.S. House of Representatives.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 27, 2016
Several new recruits join Reed Smith; Latham & Watkins welcomes a former Sullivan & Cromwell partner in New York; Gibson Dunn grabs one and loses another; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Marcia Coyle : The National Law Journal : June 24, 2016
Two U.S. Supreme Court veterans moved swiftly this week to apply a pair of June 20 high court rulings to pending cases in federal appeals courts. Lawyers for Microsoft Corp. and the attorneys for the mortgage lender PHH Corp. said they found supporting positions in the high court rulings.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : June 21, 2016
Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc., which develops treatments for raise diseases, has hired a new general counsel from Allergan, Karah Parschauer.
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : June 20, 2016
In the third week of trial against Hewlett Packard, Boies Schiller's William Isaacson did his best to smear a former White House economist who priced HP's damages at $3 billion.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 20, 2016
Amid more departures, K&L Gates seeks to grow; Akin Gump and Reed Smith hire from Winston & Strawn; Fox Rothschild reels in a leading Twin Cities litigator; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : June 19, 2016
Robbins Geller settles a long-running suit against HSBC for $1.575 billion; Arnold & Porter's piece of history; Where might Solicitor General Donald Verrillii land when he steps down Friday? Plus a Winston & Strawn partner wins acquittal for a dentist charged with murder.
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : June 17, 2016
Jason Lohr is the attorney trying to get plaintiffs' counsel booted in the Uber case.
C. Ryan Barber and Rebekah Mintzer : Corporate Counsel : June 17, 2016
The SEC is enjoying a winning streak in cases challenging the constitutionality of its administrative proceedings. But the real test cases may be yet to come.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 17, 2016
From industrial chemicals to traffic cones, one of the last weeks of spring provided a plethora of transactional opportunities for dozens of Am Law 100 firms.
James Booth and Brian Baxter : New York Law Journal : June 16, 2016
A half-dozen Am Law 100 firms have landed roles on one of the year's largest technology deals, Microsoft Corp.'s proposed $26.2 billion acquisition announced Monday of LinkedIn Corp.
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : June 15, 2016
Bank holds copyright on book written by its founder and former CEO and has the right to enforce its copyright going forward, a federal judge in Camden has ruled.
Ricci Dipshan : Legaltech News : June 15, 2016
Winner litigators discuss how finding the right balance in using legal tech is pivotal, and their apprehension on what some see as shaky vendor reliability.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : June 14, 2016
When the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit on Tuesday upheld net neutrality rules, it was the logical outcome of what feels like a huge miscalculation by Verizon Communications Inc. and hordes of industry supporters.
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : June 14, 2016
She asked the Ninth Circuit to stay an appeal in a national class action, so it won't harm her settlements in other Uber cases.
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : June 14, 2016
A federal judge in Newark Tuesday rejected a bid by Bridgegate defendants William Baroni Jr. and Bridget Anne Kelly to toss out their indictment as fatally flawed. Baroni and Kelly argued that the allegations they carried out a politically motivated scheme to shut down access lanes to the George Washington Bridge were defective since the two had no notice their acts were illegal.
Robert F. Serio and Gabriel Herrmann : Delaware Business Court Insider : June 14, 2016
Delaware has long held a position of primacy as the preferred U.S. jurisdiction for incorporating publicly traded companies.
Tom McParland : Delaware Business Court Insider : June 14, 2016
Oral arguments in a closely watched antitrust suit by a pharmacy chain against three drugmakers became weighed down in a procedural morass in a U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit courtroom Monday.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : June 11, 2016
Who is IP litigation boutique Desmarais and why are they a new leader in the associate salary wars; Dating tips from the SEC; Gawker goes bust; a hot argument before the Third Circuit
Rick Kopstein, Photographer : New York Law Journal : June 09, 2016
Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher received a law firm leadership award Tuesday for its pro bono work on behalf of Sanctuary for Families clients at the group's annual Zero Tolerance Benefit.