- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 1,204
- Gross Revenues: $1,466,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,215,000
- Profits Per Partner: $3,045,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher is a Los Angeles-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher has 1204 attorneys and is the 18th largest firm in the United States. With $1,466,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 11th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher ranked as the 15th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, CO, DC, NY, TX and WA.
In the News
Erin E. Harrison : Legaltech News : August 05, 2015
Corporate board members that fail to employ adequate oversight on cybersecurity matters are compromising their company's security defenses.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : August 04, 2015
After dodging a $40 billion hostile takeover bid by Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. and forcing Teva to dump its former transactional lawyers at Kirkland & Ellis, it looks like Mylan NV is finally satisfied.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : August 04, 2015
It's hard to see Consumer Financial Protection Bureau head Richard Cordray, who comes across about as menacing as Opie Taylor on the Andy Griffith Show, as “the very definition of tyranny.” But that's what lawyers at Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher would have you believe in their constitutional challenge to the 4-year-old agency.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : August 02, 2015
MoFo, working pro bono, secured a temporary restraining order against the release of more anti-abortion videos in the Planned Parenthood controversy. In other news, Cleary Gottlieb, Gibson Dunn and Latham had victories of their own.
: Corporate Counsel : August 01, 2015
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : July 31, 2015
Sonal Mehta is the latest to leave a legendary litigation practice that at its peak counted 120 lawyers nationwide.
The Recorder Staff : The Recorder : July 31, 2015
This year's list of 60 women includes 10 "power players" who are using their positions and achievements to advocate for women.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : July 30, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : July 30, 2015
Apple waited too long to seek stay of a patent suit filed by Smartflash, the Federal Circuit ruled 2-1.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : July 29, 2015
Enforcement of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission sometimes feels like small-time, gotcha-style litigation. Case in point: the $12 million settlement with Mead Johnson Nutrition Co. over marketing baby formula to health care professionals in China.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : July 29, 2015
Israel's Teva Pharmaceutical announced its $40.5 billion buy of Allergan's generics business this week, a move that saw the acquirer drop its hostile bid for Mylan NV, which it had pursued since April. While that cooled off a heated takeover battle, Mylan remains embroiled in a pair of suits, including a putative shareholder class action and another case against Teva's ex-corporate lawyers at Kirkland & Ellis.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : July 28, 2015
The NPE says the only thing truly "exceptional" about the patent case it lost to Apple is the $15 million bill Apple now wants it to pay.
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : July 28, 2015
A federal judge in Camden has ruled that Vernon Hill's 2012 book about his banking career infringed on the copyright of an earlier manuscript owned by TD Bank by lifting verbatim 16 percent of its content.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : July 27, 2015
Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump has a long track record as a litigant. A look at his forays in court shows a fondness for lawsuits at odds with GOP calls for tort reform.
Jim Schroeder : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Paul Hastings keeps its top spot in The American Lawyer's latest survey of the best of the best in Big Law.
David L. Brown : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Am Law 200 firms get the lion's share of oral argument, an analysis finds.
Kim Kleman, editor-in-chief : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
The overall scores in our yearly A-List survey keep rising. But even among A-Listers, there's room to improve.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 27, 2015
Following the completion Friday of AT&T's $48.5 billion acquisition of DirecTV, The Am Law Daily caught up with AT&T's go-to antitrust lawyers.
: The National Law Journal : July 27, 2015
A New York City trial judge has ordered disclosure of the disciplinary history of the police officer at the center of the Eric Garner chokehold case. Plus more from NLJ.com and other ALM publications.
Jim Schroeder : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Who's Up, who's down, and how so many of the same A-List winners keep managing to come back for more.
: New Jersey Law Journal : July 24, 2015
Associated Press/Joel Stashenko : New York Law Journal : July 23, 2015
The state's $8.75-an-hour minimum wage would go up to $15 an hour by the end of 2018 for some fast-food workers in New York City and in the rest of the state by July 1, 2021, under a proposal approved Wednesday by a state wage board.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 23, 2015
Anthem's $48 billion takeover bid for Cigna and AT&T's successful $48 billion acquisition of DirecTV provided work for dozens of lawyers at Am Law 100 firms.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : July 23, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Mike Sacks : Legal Times : July 23, 2015
Congressional Democrats on Thursday introduced a bill that would extend federal civil rights protection against sexual-orientation and gender-identity discrimination in employment, education, housing, public accommodations and other important areas of American life.
Mike Scarcella : Legal Times : July 23, 2015
New York judge: The "chutzpah" of arguing that Sidley Austin's Carter Phillips failed to provide effective counsel! The bold, end-of-days declarations of Justice Antonin Scalia. Is he crying wolf? And Sen. Ted Cruz offers some solutions about what he sees as the "lawlessness" of the Supreme Court. This is a news roundup from ALM and other publications.
Ben Bedell : New York Law Journal : July 22, 2015
Neither state nor federal statutes give Facebook standing to challenge search warrants directing the social media giant to produce data for 381 account holders who were suspects in a Social Security disability fraud ring, the First Department said Tuesday.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : July 21, 2015
Former deputy New York mayor Randy Mastro, who's already battling the city over the de Blasio administration's foam packaging ban, is picking a new fight over a proposed increase to the state's minimum wage.
Chris DiMarco : Legaltech News : July 20, 2015