- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Newark
- Head Count: 193
- Gross Revenues: $110,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $570,000
- Profits Per Partner: $830,000
- Year Over Year Change: 2
Gibbons is a Newark-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Gibbons has 193 attorneys and is the 207th largest firm in the United States. With $110,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 186th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in DE, NJ, NY and PA.
In the News
: Texas Lawyer : October 09, 2015
Dara Hegar has been named managing attorney of The Lanier Law Firm. She will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating litigation efforts in the firm's Houston, Los Angeles and New York offices.
: New Jersey Law Journal : October 08, 2015
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : October 01, 2015
The producer credited with launching the career of Lady Gaga has been granted a new trial after he was ordered to pay $7.3 million to a talent scout who introduced him to the singer.
: The Legal Intelligencer : September 29, 2015
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : September 29, 2015
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has settled with two Florida lawyers and three other people charged with engaging in insider trading of stock in Princeton drug company Pharmasset before it was bought by Gilead Sciences Inc. in 2011.
: New Jersey Law Journal : September 25, 2015
: New Jersey Law Journal : September 25, 2015
Three lawyers and a law firm honored for pro bono service
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : September 25, 2015
New Jersey firms once again have a presence in an annual survey of which firms are getting the call to advise the country's top-earning corporations in litigation matters.
Michael Booth : New Jersey Law Journal : September 22, 2015
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has announced his plan to nominate the head of the State Commission of Investigation to be the next state comptroller.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : September 21, 2015
In a case that previously yielded a $1.06 million verdict against the New Jersey State Police, the state Supreme Court has agreed to determine whether government entities are shielded from Americans with Disabilities Act claims.
: The Legal Intelligencer : September 21, 2015
Joann Needleman, leader of Clark Hill's consumer financial services regulatory and compliance group, was a presenter at the Debt Connection Symposium and Expo in Austin, Texas.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : September 18, 2015
It's not enough to say the new mother could use the restroom. And HR must also give her enough time.
Zack Needles : New Jersey Law Journal : September 18, 2015
When an outside investigator's report deemed Stockton University's $18 million purchase of the defunct Showboat casino property a poor decision, it spread the blame among numerous parties, and the New Jersey firm counseling the university in the transaction was not spared.
: New Jersey Law Journal : September 11, 2015
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : September 08, 2015
A New Jersey lawyer-lobbyist who helped launch a lobbying subsidiary for Brach Eichler less than two years ago has moved to Chiesa Shahinian & Giantomasi. West Orange-based Chiesa Shahinian—formerly Wolff & Samson—on Sept. 8 announced the hire of Rocco Iossa, a onetime advisor to New Jersey Gov. Christine Whitman and a congressional aide before that.
: New Jersey Law Journal : September 03, 2015
: New Jersey Law Journal : August 27, 2015
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : August 27, 2015
Melvin Feliz admitted in court that he and his wife, Keila Ravelo, carried out a scheme involving phony litigation-support companies while she was with Hunton & Williams from 2005 to 2010, and continued when she worked at Willkie Farr & Gallagher from 2010 to 2014.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : August 27, 2015
Legal bill scrutiny in its many forms—internally by legal departments, by nonlawyer staff elsewhere in the company, by third-party auditors, or via e-billing software—has the potential to affect how and when law firms get paid, which can strain the relationship between firms and their clients.
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : August 26, 2015
The husband of a former partner at two large New York law firms has admitted to his role in a scheme using phony litigation support companies to defraud the firms of more than $7 million.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : August 26, 2015
The Third Circuit has once again struck down New Jersey's sports betting law, finding the state's attempt to legalize sports betting through simply repealing the ban on it still violated federal law.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : August 26, 2015
It was the legal equivalent of the Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao matchup: in one corner, the 42nd solicitor general of the United States, Theodore Olson. In the other, the 43rd SG, Paul Clement, plus a team from Skadden. Clement scored the KO before the Third Circuit, beating an attempt by the state of New Jersey to legalize sports betting.
: The Legal Intelligencer : August 20, 2015
Stephen Fogdall of Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis was named the new chair of the firm's pro bono committee.
Michael Booth : New Jersey Law Journal : August 19, 2015
An evenly divided New Jersey Supreme Court has let stand a lower court's ruling rejecting prosecutors' attempt to carve out a good-faith exception to the exclusionary rule, which says arrests or searches and seizures must be declared invalid if the police acted without obtaining a warrant or did not have probable cause.
Harvey M. Stone and Richard H. Dolan : New York Law Journal : August 14, 2015
In their Eastern District Roundup, Harvey M. Stone and Richard H. Dolan review holdings that a defendant with some dementia was exaggerating his symptoms for purposes of malingering, that a defendant's incriminating proffer statements made during a failed cooperation attempt would not be considered in sentencing, that a plaintiff was not required to submit to arbitration before a substitute forum after the agreed forum became unavailable, and more.
: New Jersey Law Journal : August 13, 2015
Hoboken Affordable Housing Ordinance Upheld
Michael Booth : New Jersey Law Journal : July 29, 2015
A New Jersey appeals court on July 28 upheld the validity of the city of Hoboken's affordable housing ordinance, which requires homebuilders to designate at least 10 percent of their houses available to low- and middle-income buyers.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : July 27, 2015
A New Jersey judge accused of pro-plaintiff bias in issuing a $94,000 sanction will remain assigned to a discrimination suit against Panasonic by three current and former employees, including an assistant general counsel, after the state Supreme Court declined to hear the issue.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : July 24, 2015
A former New Jersey prosecutor, who claims he was axed for objecting to the dismissal of indictments against political allies of Gov. Chris Christie, has won his second bid to review sealed grand jury documents in his whistleblower suit.
: New Jersey Law Journal : July 24, 2015