- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Newark
- Head Count: 201
- Gross Revenues: $114,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $570,000
- Profits Per Partner: $855,000
- Year Over Year Change: -3
Gibbons is a Newark-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Gibbons has 201 attorneys and is the 200th largest firm in the United States. With $114,500,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 188th on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in DE, NJ, NY and PA.
In the News
Amaris Elliott-Engel : The National Law Journal : September 16, 2014
A plaintiffs expert in the multidistrict litigation over the Chantix antismoking drug has moved to unseal court records in the advance of a U.S. Food and Drug Administration meeting next month to consider whether warnings about suicide risk are warranted.
David E. De Lorenzi and George W. Johnston : New Jersey Law Journal : September 12, 2014
When should a brand company expect generic companies to file inter partes review petitions, seeking to invalidate a patent, and how should the brand company handle it?
: New Jersey Law Journal : September 11, 2014
Notice to the bar.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : September 10, 2014
The Federal Trade Commission has been ramping up its enforcement against companies that have been falsely displaying the Safe Harbor Framework Certification Mark.
Michael Booth : New Jersey Law Journal : September 10, 2014
The New Jersey Supreme Court heard arguments Sept. 9 over whether a mother should have been found guilty of abusing and neglecting her infant son by undergoing a methadone treatment program while pregnant.
: New Jersey Law Journal : September 09, 2014
Tracking the latest in New Jersey's "Bridgegate" scandal.
Michael Booth : New Jersey Law Journal : September 08, 2014
The New Jersey Supreme Court is considering whether the board of directors of a massive co-op can prohibit leafleting by dissident residents who want to seek election to the board.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : September 04, 2014
A recent survey of national and international law firms showed considerable gains in average revenue for the first half of this year, but the outlook is mixed for some of New Jersey's most notable firms as they approach the fourth quarter of 2014.
Joel Stashenko : New York Law Journal : September 03, 2014
The unanimous Second Circuit panel ruled that the federal government sufficiently made its case that certain images of the reputed 20th hijacker on Sept. 11 during his confinement at Guantanamo Bay should be kept secret under the national security exception to FOIA.
: Texas Lawyer : September 01, 2014
A jury awarded $4.87 million to a police officer who was struck by a van in a parade in Dallas.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : August 21, 2014
Lowenstein Sandler has scooped up Shavar Jeffries, the runner-up in Newark's mayoral election earlier this year and a longtime law professor, to join its litigation department.
American Lawyer Staff : The American Lawyer : August 19, 2014
Here are the lawyers we've recognized in past years for Lifetime Achievement and Law Firm Distinguished Leadership awards.
Jan Wolfe : The Litigation Daily : August 19, 2014
Motions for reconsideration are always a long shot. But they don't usually backfire as dramatically as they did Tuesday in a decision by U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan in Manhattan.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : August 19, 2014
Government bond issues in New Jersey decreased in both number and average value in the first half of 2014, though Wolff & Samson again topped the list of bond counsel rankings. Still, it wasn't all business as usual this year, as one newcomer—Archer & Greiner—entered the top five.
: The National Law Journal : August 18, 2014
A summary of this week's notable decisions.
: New Jersey Law Journal : August 15, 2014
Notice to the bar.
: New Jersey Law Journal : August 15, 2014
Notice to the bar.
: New Jersey Law Journal : August 14, 2014
Third Party Has Standing to Bring Action Asserting Psychological Parenthood
Amaris Elliott-Engel : The National Law Journal : August 14, 2014
Despite a history of smoking, a former coal miner is entitled to benefits under the Black Lung Benefits Act administered by the U.S. Department of Labor, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit has ruled.
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : August 14, 2014
A White House executive order restricting mandatory arbitration clauses for employees of large federal government contractors is ripe for a challenge, according to some attorneys.
Mary Pat Gallagher : New Jersey Law Journal : August 13, 2014
The judge in a would-be class action brought by motorists allegedly caught in the traffic jam caused by the Bridgegate lane closures has taken himself off the case.
: The Legal Intelligencer : August 12, 2014
Richard Jurewicz, a senior partner at Galfand Berger, was a course planner and speaker for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute's seminar, "The Pain Puzzle: How to Prove a Pain Case," held July 24.
: The Legal Intelligencer : August 08, 2014
Earlier this summer, The Legal asked the Pennsylvania legal community to submit nominations for our annual Lawyers on the Fast Track. The nominations came pouring in, dozens upon dozens of them, all demonstrating the impressive work being done by young lawyers across the state. These are the 2014 Lawyers on the Fast Track.
Carlos Harrison : Daily Business Review : August 08, 2014
Now a full colonel, a graduate of the U.S. Army War College and a decorated veteran of the war in Iraq, Broward Circuit Judge Edward Merrigan seems the perfect pick to preside over the county's Veteran's Court.
Jennifer Genova : New Jersey Law Journal : August 08, 2014
Three men have filed a lawsuit in New Jersey federal court accusing clothing company Russell Brands and its sporting goods subsidiary, Spalding, of ripping off their "fresh" take on basketball design.
: New Jersey Law Journal : August 07, 2014
Attorney Fees Appropriate Where City Clerk Violated Right of Referendum
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : August 07, 2014
Partnerships at major New Jersey firms made strides toward gender equality in 2014, according to a survey of 20 bellwether firms, but the proportion of minority partners at those firms showed no change from last year's numbers.
Vivia Chen : The Careerist : August 06, 2014
A look at the subtext behind Working Woman magazine's "50 best firms for women."
Alexandra Wilson : The Am Law Daily : August 05, 2014
Troutman Sanders raids Dentons to pick up four commercial bankruptcy and litigation partners; Covington & Burling hires a senior IRS official in D.C.; and DLA Piper snags three attorneys in our latest roundup of lateral moves in The Am Law 200.
Jan Wolfe : The Litigation Daily : August 04, 2014
After nearly a decade of mass tort litigation in New Jersey, Roche's lawyers won a ruling on Monday that could help the company stamp out claims that it failed to warn the public about side effects associated with its acne treatment Accutane.