- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Newark
- Head Count: 193
- Gross Revenues: $110,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $570,000
- Profits Per Partner: $830,000
- Year Over Year Change: 2
Gibbons is a Newark-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Gibbons has 193 attorneys and is the 207th largest firm in the United States. With $110,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 186th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in DE, NJ, NY and PA.
In the News
Michael Booth : New Jersey Law Journal : July 29, 2015
A New Jersey appeals court on July 28 upheld the validity of the city of Hoboken's affordable housing ordinance, which requires homebuilders to designate at least 10 percent of their houses available to low- and middle-income buyers.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : July 27, 2015
A New Jersey judge accused of pro-plaintiff bias in issuing a $94,000 sanction will remain assigned to a discrimination suit against Panasonic by three current and former employees, including an assistant general counsel, after the state Supreme Court declined to hear the issue.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : July 24, 2015
A former New Jersey prosecutor, who claims he was axed for objecting to the dismissal of indictments against political allies of Gov. Chris Christie, has won his second bid to review sealed grand jury documents in his whistleblower suit.
: New Jersey Law Journal : July 24, 2015
Scott Graham : The Recorder : July 22, 2015
A federal judge awarded HTC Corp. "exceptional case" attorney fees after finding lawyers at Niro, Haller & Niro knew of client's false declarations to the PTO.
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : July 07, 2015
McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter has settled a sexual harassment and gender discrimination suit brought by a former associate, a federal judge in the Southern District of New York said in dismissing the suit.
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : July 02, 2015
A sexual harassment suit against McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter by a former associate may be headed for an early settlement, but the parties appear to differ on how close they are to reaching an agreement.
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : June 17, 2015
Kimberly Yonta, the candidate for secretary of the New Jersey State Bar Association who was endorsed by the nominating committee, was the victor in a runoff vote by a margin of 53 percent to 47 percent.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : June 10, 2015
David Gibbons returns to firm life after about four years operating as a solo practitioner in Singapore and New York.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : June 10, 2015
Connell Foley, making good on plans to reestablish a meaningful physical presence in the city it called home for nearly five decades, has opened the doors to its new office space in Newark.
: New Jersey Law Journal : June 09, 2015
Earlier this year, the Law Journal asked the New Jersey legal community to submit nominations for our annual New Leaders of the Bar. The nominations came pouring in, dozens upon dozens of them, all demonstrating the impressive work being done by young lawyers across the state.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : June 08, 2015
Though nationwide lawyer head count was essentially flat last year, New Jersey firms still lost ground in a ranking of the most populous firms in the U.S.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 02, 2015
The National Football League Players Association filed its annual financial report with the U.S. Department of Labor, which shows that the powerful professional sports union has paid big money to lawyers from five leading Am Law 100 firms.
Jenna Greene : Corporate Counsel : June 01, 2015
The NLRB says that in this case, it's fine, because it's protected speech.
: New Jersey Law Journal : May 29, 2015
Tracking revenue and census changes at New Jersey-based firms.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : May 29, 2015
Though individual performance has varied greatly, a majority of New Jersey's largest homegrown firms took steps back in gross revenue and attorney head count last fiscal year, and a few are even behind where they were five years ago.
: New Jersey Law Journal : May 29, 2015
Bar foundation to honor two jurists.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : May 28, 2015
Once again just four New Jersey-based firms made the cut in the recently released Am Law 200, and none gained or lost significant ground in the rankings despite some revenue changes.
Michael Booth : New Jersey Law Journal : May 27, 2015
Plaintiffs in defamation cases may not recover both actual and presumed damages, the New Jersey Supreme Court ruled May 27.
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : May 22, 2015
Patrick Hobbs, who is set to step down as dean of Seton Hall University School of Law on June 30, steered the school through unprecedented change during his time at the helm.
: New Jersey Law Journal : May 21, 2015
Third-Party Intervention Doctrine Not Applicable to Search of Private Residences
Karen Sloan : The National Law Journal : May 20, 2015
A new fellowship program at the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law will send students and graduates in-house to learn about corporate clients' needs and gain marketable experience.
: New Jersey Law Journal : May 14, 2015
New Rule Applying TCCWNA to Gift Certificates Applied to Plaintiffs
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : May 11, 2015
The city's legislature passes the bill, which has a few exceptions for sensitive positions.
: Daily Business Review : May 11, 2015
CBRE's Christian Lee, Jose Lobon, Charles Foschini and Chris Apone worked to quickly secure a buyer to meet the seller's deadline—and finished early.
: New Jersey Law Journal : May 08, 2015
The state's biggest winners and losers.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : May 07, 2015
The number of nonequity partners has continued to grow at bellwether firms and branches in New Jersey, and now makes up nearly half of partner ranks.
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : May 06, 2015
The New Jersey State Bar Association will hold a runoff election for the office of secretary after none of the three candidates running for that position attained the required majority of votes.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : May 04, 2015
A $3.96 million award of attorney fees to Allstate Insurance Co.—in a civil suit over what the insurer claimed was a lawyer-chiropractor team's fraudulent practice of giving advice on formation of multidisciplinary medical practices in the 1990s—has been upended by a New Jersey appeals court.
Richard Acello : The National Law Journal : May 04, 2015
North Jersey Media Group Inc. publishes The Record, which the company says reaches nearly half a million readers a day in Northern New Jersey, plus a second daily publication and 49 community newspapers.