- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Newark
- Head Count: 176
- Gross Revenues: $108,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $615,000
- Profits Per Partner: $775,000
- Year Over Year Change: N/A
Gibbons is a Newark-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2016 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Gibbons has 176 attorneys and is the 219th largest firm in the United States. With $108,000,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 185th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in DE, NJ, NY and PA.
In the News
: New Jersey Law Journal : July 07, 2016
Defendant Established Entitlement to Entrapment Instruction on Two Charges
Celia Ampel : Daily Business Review : June 29, 2016
The family of a 17-year-old girl who lost four inches of bone in her right leg after a utility task vehicle rolled over her received a $3 million settlement negotiated by Miami lawyers.
Max Mitchell : The Legal Intelligencer : June 16, 2016
Rejecting the argument that corporate liability only applies to hospitals or health management organizations, a doctor's private practice may be held liable for the alleged negligence of one of its physicians who performed radiation treatments on the wrong side of a woman's neck, a common pleas judge has ruled.
Andrew Denney : New York Law Journal : June 06, 2016
An appeals court has reinstated claims filed on behalf of a man who committed suicide after he was discharged from a hospital, which alleges that the man's therapist and a clinic where he sought treatment are liable in the man's death.
: The Legal Intelligencer : May 31, 2016
Trial court properly denied modification of parties' child support agreement because mother was contractually responsible for son's educational expenses as father was for daughter's expenses. Affirmed.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : May 27, 2016
The middle ain't a bad place to be—a saying that perhaps has yet to be coined, but certainly applies to New Jersey firms and branches that find themselves in the middle ranks of the Law Journal's annual survey of top-grossing firms.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : May 25, 2016
Six New Jersey-homegrown firms made the cut for The American Lawyer's recently released rankings of the top-grossing. All four making return appearances improved their standing, while two others returned to the list after missing the cut in recent years.
: New Jersey Law Journal : May 25, 2016
Evidence of Semen Stain on Victim's Shorts Inadmissible Under Rape Shield Law
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : May 19, 2016
Ask New Jersey class action practitioners what's keeping them busy, and the answers of course will vary. But one topic comes up consistently: wage-and-hour litigation.
: New Jersey Law Journal : May 12, 2016
Voting and jury service are both responsibilities and privileges of citizenship. However, jury service, unlike the right to vote, is permanently unavailable to convicted felons under current New Jersey law.
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : May 12, 2016
An appeals court has granted an emergent application for a mistrial in a legal malpractice case after the trial judge said one of the lawyers in the case could testify as a fact witness while continuing to represent her client.
: New Jersey Law Journal : April 29, 2016
A report on recent legislative action in Trenton of interest to NJSBA members
Michael Booth : New Jersey Law Journal : April 25, 2016
The New Jersey Senate on April 25 confirmed the nominations of state Sen. Peter Barnes III, D-Middlesex, to the Superior Court bench, along with the tenure nominations of four sitting judges and the nomination of former State Commission of Investigation head Philip Degnan to state comptroller.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : April 25, 2016
As in years past, there are no New Jersey homegrown firms among the 100 highest-grossing in the U.S. But of list, released April 25 by Law Journal affiliate The American Lawyer, includes numerous firms with significant number of "boots on the ground" in the state.
: New Jersey Law Journal : April 22, 2016
Porzio Bromberg Brings Aboard Two Former AldrichEgg Attorneys. Caruso to Manage Scarinci Hollenbeck's Red Bank Office. Cohn Lifland's Maurice Certified a Civil Trial Attorney. Cameron MacLeod Joins Gibbons.
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : April 20, 2016
Companies engaged in e-commerce in New Jersey are being hit with class action suits claiming their terms of service violate a state consumer protection law enacted when Ronald Reagan was president—and the litigation is causing concern in the business community.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : April 20, 2016
Some lawyers wait years for the chance to argue before a federal court of appeals. Kellie Kulka did it as a third year law student--and just won a precedent-setting decision from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. Credit Squire Patton Boggs with the opportunity.
: New Jersey Law Journal : April 19, 2016
Our focus in selecting this group of noteworthy individuals was to represent the figures who have helped to shape the law in New Jersey, whether through their work on the bench, their work in-house, building a firm or any other means.
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : April 18, 2016
An heir who mismanaged a family trust by speculating on volatile stocks and failing to repay borrowed funds is on the hook for $137,879 in attorney fees, as directed under a default clause in the will, a New Jersey appeals court has ruled.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : April 13, 2016
Coughlin Duffy of Morristown, formed 12 years ago when a group of lawyers splintered from one of New Jersey's largest firms, has shed a group handling insurance defense and coverage work—including three of its founding partners.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : April 11, 2016
Hogan Lovells has expanded its small Philadelphia office with a trio of Pepper Hamilton corporate partners focused on the life sciences and food and beverage industries.
Charles Toutant and David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : April 08, 2016
Litigation over noncompete clauses is highly active in New Jersey and some attorneys say employers are increasingly requiring such agreements for low- and mid-level workers. But there are signs that more lawmakers and regulators at both the state and federal level are looking to clamp down on the use of noncompetes in certain circumstances.
: New Jersey Law Journal : April 01, 2016
Einhorn Harris Attorneys Recognized by Morris County Bar Association. Gibbons Named "Champion of Good Works" by Commerce and Industry Association of NJ. Blank Rome Partner Speaks on 'Cyber Security and Fraud' Panel.