- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 412
- Gross Revenues: $504,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,225,000
- Profits Per Partner: $2,205,000
- Year Over Year Change: 2
Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2016 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson has 412 attorneys and is the 109th largest firm in the United States. With $504,500,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 64th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2015 Global 100 survey, Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson ranked as the 79th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC and NY.
In the News
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 11, 2016
Jones Day recruits two new partners on opposite coasts after a top restructuring duo departs; Milbank makes a rare lateral hire; Paul Hastings makes some high-profile additions; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Joel Stashenko : New York Law Journal : July 08, 2016
The First Department has halted until at least September construction of the "Pier 55" project, a 2.4-acre park on a platform over the Hudson River off Manhattan.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 06, 2016
Three new laterals at Orrick; a pair of Honigman practice leaders land at Foley & Lardner; Gibson Dunn recruits from the Justice Department; Latham & Watkins welcomes a top SEC official; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Rebecca Geiger : Focus Europe : July 01, 2016
The law firms with roles in the largest recent M&A deals across Europe.
: The American Lawyer : July 01, 2016
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : June 27, 2016
The head of the U.S. Department of Justice's health care fraud unit in the Criminal Division is joining Hogan Lovells, the firm announced Monday morning. Gejaa Gobena will be a white-collar defense partner in the firm's Washington office.
Zachary Melvin : The American Lawyer : June 27, 2016
Simpson Thacher, Debevoise and other firms partner with a nonprofit to foster commerce in the South Bronx.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 27, 2016
Several new recruits join Reed Smith; Latham & Watkins welcomes a former Sullivan & Cromwell partner in New York; Gibson Dunn grabs one and loses another; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 27, 2016
While Friday's Brexit vote has likely cast a potential shadow over cross-border M&A activity, a number of timely billion-dollar tie-ups were announced amid the U.K.'s decision to leave the European Union.
Mark Hamblett : New York Law Journal : June 24, 2016
Gambling with customer money that was supposed to be set aside for its own rainy day cost Bank of America's Merrill Lynch $415 million in a settlement Thursday and prompted a stepped-up enforcement and monitoring effort by the SEC.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : June 21, 2016
The firm has filed its formal application for employment to advise Gawker Media Group as the company seeks to navigate Chapter 11 proceedings in New York.
Tom McParland : New Jersey Law Journal : June 21, 2016
A New Jersey Judge on Monday tossed a securities fraud class action against drugmaker Aerie Pharmaceuticals and its officers for failing to show that they knowingly misled investors by touting a forthcoming glaucoma medication as a "blockbuster drug."
The Legal Intelligencer : The Legal Intelligencer : June 16, 2016
Here are the 2016 Lawyers on the Fast Track.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 13, 2016
Former eBay general counsel Michael Jacobson returns to Cooley in Silicon Valley; a Kirkland & Ellis seeks a shave; Greenberg Traurig grows in Israel; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 09, 2016
The $1.65 billion sale of New York's 1285 Sixth Avenue saw more than 50 partners from Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison—a key tenant in the office tower—invest roughly $10 million in the transaction.
: New York Law Journal : June 07, 2016
Ari Waldman is a full-time associate professor of law at New York Law School and director of its Innovation Center for Law and Technology. He is the founder and director of the Tyler Clementi Institute for CyberSafety that was launched last year.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : June 07, 2016
Daniel Glazer is the latest lawyer in the technology startup world to switch firms in New York.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : June 03, 2016
State-owned insurer China Life is the largest investor in a $1.65 billion joint acquisition of a New York office building that houses Paul Weiss' headquarters.
: The National Law Journal : May 30, 2016
Lateral moves, new arrivals, and a new practice group in this week's column.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : May 19, 2016
A half-dozen big firms are advising on two key transactions in the embattled energy space, as a pair of oil field services companies and natural gas producers agree to combine.
Angela Neville : Texas Lawyer : May 18, 2016
Energy Future Holdings Corp. is running into strong headwinds from creditors as it tries speed up its schedule in its $42 billion Chapter 11 restructuring by seeking the court's approval of its new plan.
Andrew Keshner : New York Law Journal : May 16, 2016
Rather than ordering Facebook and other online service providers not to notify their subscribers that they were subpoenaed, a Brooklyn federal magistrate judge told prosecutors they must better explain the need for confidentiality.
Frances Ivens : The Am Law Daily : May 15, 2016
Research into recent recruitment trends by international firms in London has found that they brought in over 20 percent more partners in 2015 than the year before, with total partner numbers climbing by 6 percent across the group year-on-year.
Vivia Chen : The Careerist : May 11, 2016
A gutsy admission? Or career suicide?
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : May 10, 2016
The firm's new chair enacted strategic and operational changes, leading to steep increases in revenue per lawyer and profits per partner.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : May 05, 2016
The first week of May was kind to several Am Law 100 firms, as a handful of health care, real estate and technology deals provided a boon to corporate transactional coffers.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : May 04, 2016
New York City's efforts to grow as an East Coast technology hub are being helped by Tech:NYC, a new nonprofit headed by a former Loeb & Loeb and Dentons lawyer that has two Am Law 100 alums on its board. Gunderson Dettmer is also involved with the organization.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : May 02, 2016
Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy, a firm that has spent the last 150 years in downtown Manhattan, will relocate its headquarters to the Hudson Yards development in 2018.
Staff : The National Law Journal : May 02, 2016
Retired Justice John Paul Stevens recalls his clashes with the late Justice Antonin Scalia. Dentons doubles down on demanding payment from ex-McKenna partners. And Rosemary Collyer is named the new presiding judge of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court.