- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 414
- Gross Revenues: $460,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,110,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,815,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson has 414 attorneys and is the 109th largest firm in the United States. With $460,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 66th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson ranked as the 78th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC and NY.
In the News
: Corporate Counsel : September 01, 2015
Susan Beck : The Am Law Daily : August 24, 2015
China's stock tumble, with its nerve-rattling aftershocks in the U.S., may cause law firms to further scrutinize their strategy in Asia.
MP McQueen : The American Lawyer : August 24, 2015
Most respondents said they were billing more and commanding higher rates.
: The American Lawyer : August 24, 2015
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : August 13, 2015
Google turns to its longtime M&A counsel at Cleary Gottlieb to create a new holding company for the search giant, plus a rundown of this week's other megadeals and the law firms scrambling to keep them on track.
: The National Law Journal : August 03, 2015
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Jasmine Grays : New York Law Journal : July 30, 2015
Anthem Inc. is buying rival Cigna Corp. for $48 billion in a deal that would create the nation's largest health insurer by enrollment, covering about 53 million U.S. patients. Also, Lockheed Martin will acquire Blackhawk helicopter maker Sikorsky Aircraft for $9 billion as it seeks greater access to the military and commercial helicopter market.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 30, 2015
A bevy of transactions in the pharmaceutical industry and industrial sector in Europe helped make the past week a big one for M&A, with more than a dozen billion-dollar deals being announced.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : July 23, 2015
Shanghai-based litigation partner Jerry Fang used to be a Hong Kong associate working on FCPA matters at the U.S. firm.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 23, 2015
Anthem's $48 billion takeover bid for Cigna and AT&T's successful $48 billion acquisition of DirecTV provided work for dozens of lawyers at Am Law 100 firms.
: New York Law Journal : July 17, 2015
Additions and promotions at Akerman, Davis Polk, Sheppard Mullin, Seyfarth Shaw and more.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : July 16, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 15, 2015
Steptoe & Johnson has snagged two new hires for its New York office, including a veteran in-house lawyer and grandson of a former Republican presidential candidate.
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : July 13, 2015
A roundup of Washington, D.C. lateral moves and promotions.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 12, 2015
A Kirkland & Ellis corporate partner heads to a Silicon Valley sports analytics startup; Epstein Becker & Green snags some epic eyebrows; Morgan Lewis lands a structured transactions trio in London; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Tom Murphy : The Associated Press : July 09, 2015
Aetna aims to spend about $35 billion to buy rival Humana and become the latest health insurer bulking up on government business as the industry adjusts to the federal healthcare overhaul.
: The National Law Journal : July 06, 2015
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 05, 2015
Latham & Watkins corporate partner Graeme Sloan in London joined Morrison & Foerster as co-chair of its M&A group; Covington & Burling brings back a high-profile former U.S. attorney general; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 03, 2015
M&A league tables for the first half of 2015 compiled by Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters show Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom leading the pack among legal advisers, while several other Am Law 100 firms prepare to fete the Fourth of July with some insurance-related transactional work.
Rebecca Geiger : Global Lawyer News : July 01, 2015
In the largest recent M&A deals across Europe, which law firms got the work?
: Corporate Counsel : July 01, 2015
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 28, 2015
Kirkland snags a top London tax partner but loses three others; McKenna Long & Aldridge sees more lateral movement ahead of its deal with Dentons; Shearman & Sterling opens in Saudi Arabia; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Kim Kleman, editor-in-chief : The American Lawyer : June 23, 2015
We've uncovered some sobering statistics in our special report on women in Big Law.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 18, 2015
Nearly a dozen billion-dollar deals were announced over the past week, ranging from homebuilders and retail buys to the privatization of a U.S.-listed Chinese technology company. At the same time, Am Law 100 firms had to look no further than the active pharmaceutical arena to add a few notable M&A engagements to their transactional ledger.
Monica Paquette : New York Law Journal : June 17, 2015
Entertainment and news icons 21st Century Fox and News Corporation, widely known as News Corp, are planning a monumental move to downtown Manhattan. The companies recently announced jointly their intentions to lease space at Silverstein Properties Inc.'s proposed Two World Trade Center as the location of their new corporate headquarters.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 17, 2015
The Magic Circle firm snags a senior Simpson Thacher & Bartlett civil litigation partner in New York; Sheppard Mullin adds a three-lawyer IP team from Pillsbury; King & Spalding opens in Tokyo; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 14, 2015
Willkie Farr, Winston & Strawn and Sheppard Mullin make hires from two struggling firms with California roots; Blank Rome bolts on an IP boutique in Houston; Fried Frank loses its last partner in Asia; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : June 12, 2015
Hong Kong-based corporate lawyer Carolyn Sng will start at her new firm on Monday.
Susan Postlewaite : Daily Business Review : June 09, 2015
International and Mexican law firms are riding a wave of new deals as Mexico moves ahead with bold plans to open its national energy sector to foreign and private investment for the first time in 76 years.