- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Milwaukee
- Head Count: 845
- Gross Revenues: $682,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $805,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,130,000
- Year Over Year Change: -2
Foley & Lardner is a Milwaukee-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Foley & Lardner has 849 attorneys and is the 39th largest firm in the United States. With $665,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 47th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Foley & Lardner ranked as the 55th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, CO, DC, FL, IL, MA, MI, NY, VA and WI.
In the News
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
The upcoming referendum on the UK's status in the European Union has slowed inbound investment.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 20, 2016
A shift change at Jenner & Block; Duane Morris takes on 13 lawyers from two firms; DLA Piper partners form their own boutique; a Proskauer Rose litigator becomes CEO of a litigation financier; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The National Law Journal : April 18, 2016
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 06, 2016
A pair of PE partners leave Weil; a rare hire by Wachtell; big firms raid Cadwalader and Reed Smith; Jenner & Block, Jones Day and Schiff Hardin rotate practice leaders; Goodwin Procter goes to Paris; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : April 05, 2016
Former Hogan Lovells Tokyo head of U.S. intellectual property practice Philippe Riesen joins the firm's five-lawyer office in the Japanese capital.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : April 05, 2016
A Manhattan judge has found that hundreds of former partners of Dewey & LeBoeuf and legacy firms cannot be held personally liable for lease payments after the film filed for bankruptcy, relieving them of millions of dollars of potential liability.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : March 31, 2016
The U.S. Department of Labor is changing how it defines white-collar employees for purposes of overtime and minimum wage laws.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 31, 2016
Boies Schiller and Cooley bulk up their nascent outposts in London; Gordon Rees and Shipman & Goodwin grow in New York; Hogan Lovells hires four in Australia and an ex-New York prosecutor; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Tony Mauro : Supreme Court Brief : March 30, 2016
The impact of Antonin Scalia's death, felt dramatically at the U.S. Supreme Court in recent weeks, is filtering down to lower federal courts as well.
Chris Johnson : The Am Law Daily : March 29, 2016
Amid a spate of unconsummated law firm courtships, a new report claims that the majority of mergers fail to deliver benefits to clients and risk damaging partnership value.
Celia Ampel : Daily Business Review : March 28, 2016
South Florida law firms are snapping up attorneys who can bridge language and culture gaps to build relationships with Chinese investors.
Scott Flaherty : The American Lawyer : March 28, 2016
The real estate mogul turned presidential candidate has sued or been sued myriad times. Who are his firms of choice?
Frances Ivens : Legal Week : March 24, 2016
The U.K. firm has a "blank sheet" in Asia as it targets growth across multiple practices, says Asia corporate head Stephen Mok.
: New York Law Journal : March 23, 2016
Andrews Kurth has added John Flanagan as a partner in its business transactions/real estate practice and Mark Mandel as a partner in its white-collar crime practice.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 16, 2016
Comings-and-goings at McCarter & English; Pillsbury Winthrop heads to Hong Kong; Proskauer Rose picks up a new life sciences vice chair; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Karen Sloan and Zoe Tillman : New York Law Journal : March 11, 2016
Congressional leaders are being bombarded with pleas to consider expeditiously any nominations President Obama makes to the U.S. Supreme Court.
Zoe Tillman : The National Law Journal : March 09, 2016
Nearly 250 law firm partners and corporate general counsel signed a letter Wednesday to the White House and Senate leadership urging action on the president's nominee to U.S. Supreme Court.
: New York Law Journal : March 07, 2016
Nixon Peabody, Foley & Lardner and Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe have announced new partners, while four other firms have added attorneys.
: The National Law Journal : March 07, 2016
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : March 06, 2016
The way Donald Trump uses the court system says something about his character—and it's not good.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : February 29, 2016
With its name partner's departure, Bracewell had to change the sign on the door and order new letterhead—but at least the former New York City mayor left it with a substantial outpost in the Big Apple.
Marcia Coyle : Supreme Court Brief : February 29, 2016
Even as the U.S. Supreme Court prepares to hear arguments Wednesday in its most significant abortion case in nearly nine years, a reminder of battles still being fought in the states arrived last week at the high court from, once again, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
Rebekah Mintzer : Corporate Counsel : February 22, 2016
Manny Pacquiao got some bad news this week when Nike Inc. decided to nix its multimillion-dollar sponsorship of the boxer because of homophobic comments he made while running for political office in his native Philippines. Legally speaking, how did Nike wiggle out of the endorsement?
Eric Berg and Kristian Mukoski, Foley & Lardner : Legaltech News : February 22, 2016
Experts break down CISA and discuss what it means to your business.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : February 21, 2016
King & Wood Mallesons' private equity leader in Germany joins Mayer Brown; two more Edwards Wildman Palmer alums leave Locke Lord; Polsinelli keeps growing; Wachtell adds an e-discovery expert; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : February 18, 2016
Paying employees a commission isn't always an easy formula.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : February 16, 2016
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : February 09, 2016
A year after Morgan Lewis absorbed Bingham McCutchen, several lawyers from the latter find new homes; Fried Frank welcomes back an ex-partner; Jenner & Block brings on an M&A leader; and other additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : January 27, 2016
If you haven't yet made your workplace inclusive to transgender employees, you better get with the times. So far, 19 states and the District of Columbia have laws prohibiting employment discrimination based on gender identity and sexual orientation specifically.
: The National Law Journal : January 25, 2016
Cases recently filed in the Washington-area district courts.