- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Milwaukee
- Head Count: 845
- Gross Revenues: $682,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $805,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,130,000
- Year Over Year Change: -2
Foley & Lardner is a Milwaukee-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2016 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Foley & Lardner has 845 attorneys and is the 40th largest firm in the United States. With $682,000,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 49th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Foley & Lardner ranked as the 55th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, CO, DC, FL, IL, MA, MI, NY, VA and WI.
In the News
Gina Passarella : Daily Business Review : July 11, 2016
Law firms with an appetite for expansion are coming to South Florida, but it's a challenging venture.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 06, 2016
Three new laterals at Orrick; a pair of Honigman practice leaders land at Foley & Lardner; Gibson Dunn recruits from the Justice Department; Latham & Watkins welcomes a top SEC official; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : June 29, 2016
Many of June's most notable lateral hires involved litigators exiting the Justice Department and the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York. Other significant moves featured lawyers who specialize in being adverse to the government. Thanks, Uncle Sam.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 27, 2016
Several new recruits join Reed Smith; Latham & Watkins welcomes a former Sullivan & Cromwell partner in New York; Gibson Dunn grabs one and loses another; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The National Law Journal : June 27, 2016
New arrivals and lateral moves in this week's column.
Greg Land : Daily Report : June 23, 2016
The conservative policy group American Legislative Exchange Council, or ALEC, says that a new organization centered on affordable housing, dubbed SMART ALEC, is threatening ALEC's trademark and other intellectual property.
Roy Strom : The Am Law Daily : June 23, 2016
Zaldwaynaka “Z” Scott, a well-connected co-chair of Kaye Scholer's Chicago white-collar litigation and internal investigations practice, is headed to Foley & Lardner in the Windy City.
: New York Law Journal : June 20, 2016
Seven firms announce new additions; Fox Rothschild announces promotions.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 20, 2016
Amid more departures, K&L Gates seeks to grow; Akin Gump and Reed Smith hire from Winston & Strawn; Fox Rothschild reels in a leading Twin Cities litigator; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The National Law Journal : June 20, 2016
New arrivals and lateral moves in this week's column.
Lizzy McLellan : Daily Business Review : June 15, 2016
Former prosecutor and longtime Baker & McKenzie partner Lee Stapleton has joined K&L Gates in Miami, becoming the fifth lawyer to join the office since May.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : June 15, 2016
Movement of IP attorneys in Asia has been active this year
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 14, 2016
The troubled city of Flint, Michigan, has hired Foley & Lardner to represent its interests in unidentified allegations levied by a former city attorney, as the municipality grapples with an ongoing water crisis.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 13, 2016
Former eBay general counsel Michael Jacobson returns to Cooley in Silicon Valley; a Kirkland & Ellis seeks a shave; Greenberg Traurig grows in Israel; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Richard Acello : The National Law Journal : May 30, 2016
"We're a global enterprise. There's always people who are at work someplace, so I'm available if there's anything I can address to keep the wheels of commerce moving forward."
: The National Law Journal : May 30, 2016
Lateral moves, new arrivals, and a new practice group in this week's column.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 27, 2016
Amid merger talks with a U.K. firm, Hunton & Williams added two practice leaders from Katten Muchin Rosenman; Bo Dietl's GC finds a new home; Jenner & Block launches a private wealth practice; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: New York Law Journal : May 24, 2016
Seven firms have added new partners, and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer has appointed a new chief legal officer.
Jennifer Williams-Alvarez : Corporate Counsel : May 23, 2016
Some U.K. employers seem to think so judging by a recent report that went viral about a London receptionist who was sent home after refusing to trade her flats for heels.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : May 20, 2016
Twitter Inc. and Yahoo Inc. are among two dozen defendants that will split $383,000 in "exceptional case" fees.
Angela Neville : Texas Lawyer : May 18, 2016
Energy Future Holdings Corp. is running into strong headwinds from creditors as it tries speed up its schedule in its $42 billion Chapter 11 restructuring by seeking the court's approval of its new plan.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 18, 2016
A half-dozen big firms shuffled practice leaders within the past week; Skadden snags a high-profile arbitration expert in Hong Kong; the founding partner of Weil's Rhode Island office departs; and other notable laterals from throughout The Am Law 200.
Roy Strom : The National Law Journal : May 17, 2016
Plenty of hospitals have tried the argument, and judges have largely dismissed it. Until now.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : May 09, 2016
Big-ticket litigations involving scores of lawyers may be thinner on the ground these days, but a surge in global anti-corruption probes appears to be making up for it at a number of firms.
: Daily Business Review : May 07, 2016
Allyson Goodwin, senior supervising transactional counsel at Saavedra Goodwin, and her husband, Damaso Saavedra, senior supervising counsel, helped their long-term client, Sheltair Aviation, obtain a $60 million line of credit and refinance a $200 million credit facility to finance the company's ongoing expansion.
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
The upcoming referendum on the UK's status in the European Union has slowed inbound investment.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 20, 2016
A shift change at Jenner & Block; Duane Morris takes on 13 lawyers from two firms; DLA Piper partners form their own boutique; a Proskauer Rose litigator becomes CEO of a litigation financier; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The National Law Journal : April 18, 2016
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 06, 2016
A pair of PE partners leave Weil; a rare hire by Wachtell; big firms raid Cadwalader and Reed Smith; Jenner & Block, Jones Day and Schiff Hardin rotate practice leaders; Goodwin Procter goes to Paris; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : April 05, 2016
Former Hogan Lovells Tokyo head of U.S. intellectual property practice Philippe Riesen joins the firm's five-lawyer office in the Japanese capital.