- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Atlanta
- Head Count: 275
- Gross Revenues: $148,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $540,000
- Profits Per Partner: $515,000
- Year Over Year Change: 2
Fisher & Phillips is an Atlanta-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Fisher & Phillips has 267 attorneys and is the 166th largest firm in the United States. With $148,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 169th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MO, MS, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN and TX.
In the News
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 15, 2015
As the one-year anniversary of the firm's creation draws near, several more Squire Patton Boggs partners seek new homes; Baker & Hostetler brings on roughly 30 lawyers from McKenna Long & Aldridge ahead of the latter's June 1 merger with Dentons; Boies, Schiller & Flexner bags another federal prosecutor; Greenberg Traurig grows in Poland; and more notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : April 28, 2015
An increase in transactional activity, notably in real estate, drove revenue and profit gains at most of Atlanta's nine Am Law 100 and 200 firms, but the conclusion of major class action litigation caused revenue declines at Alston & Bird and Sutherland Asbill & Brennan.
: Daily Report : April 28, 2015
Atlanta Firm Financials tells you who's up, who's down and everything in between.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 21, 2015
K&L Gates sees six partners leave for four firms; some of Fried Frank's Asia lawyers find new homes; Jackson Lewis opens two new offices; Mayer Brown adds a practice leader; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Greg Land : Daily Report : April 07, 2015
Fisher & Phillips came through 2014 with what managing partner Roger Quillen termed modest growth, bumping net income 4.3 percent to $61 million, and increasing profits per partner by 3 percent. Gross revenue was up 6.1 percent, to $148 million.
Rebekah Mintzer : Corporate Counsel : March 27, 2015
The U.S. Supreme Court's "Young v. United Parcel Service" ruling provides some guidance for employers dealing with potential liability from pregnancy discrimination claims.
Amanda Bronstad : The National Law Journal : March 26, 2015
A federal appeals court has found that "service advisers"—those people at the car dealership who give repair estimates—are entitled to overtime pay under federal labor law.
: The National Law Journal : March 23, 2015
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Rebekah Mintzer : Corporate Counsel : March 23, 2015
The initiative appears to be a genuine attempt by Starbucks to build social awareness, but the road to lawsuits could be paved with well-meaning corporate social responsibility.
Rebekah Mintzer : Corporate Counsel : March 20, 2015
After facing wage-and-hour suits and protests to raise the minimum wage, McDonald's Inc. now is dealing with complaints filed with the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
: The Legal Intelligencer : March 18, 2015
Michael D. Lazzara joined Pietragallo Gordon Alfano Bosick & Raspanti as a member in the firm's intellectual property practice group.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 10, 2015
Sidley Austin and Katten Muchin Rosenman snag Vinson & Elkins partners in Houston; Honigman adds a former U.S. senator; K&L Gates bags eight lawyers in two cities; Mayer Brown and Chadbourne & Parke make additions in Mexico City; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
: New Jersey Law Journal : February 27, 2015
: Corporate Counsel : February 23, 2015
A memorandum from National Labor Relations Board general counsel Richard Griffin Jr. outlines new guidance for when unions and management can arbitrate their way out of conflicts.
: The National Law Journal : February 16, 2015
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
Rebekah Mintzer : Corporate Counsel : February 10, 2015
The reemergence of measles in the U.S. has led to questions about what employers can and cannot do during an outbreak.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : February 04, 2015
Boies Schiller & Flexner partner Kathleen Smalley is headed to newly merged Locke Lord; Davis Polk poaches Greenberg Traurig's real estate chair in New York; three DLA Piper finance lawyers depart; Littler Mendelson heads to Maine; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : February 02, 2015
Littler Mendelson is opening an office in Portland, Maine, after scooping up five lawyers from national labor and employment rival Fisher & Phillips.
Rebekah Mintzer : Corporate Counsel : February 02, 2015
In a sex discrimination case brought against Ruby Tuesday Inc., the plaintiffs are male and the issue hinges on housing.
Saranac Hale Spencer : The Legal Intelligencer : January 22, 2015
In the summer of 1989, U.S. senators debating the Americans with Disabilities Act excluded behavior they deemed immoral from the ADA's protections, including "transvestism, transsexualism, pedophilia, exhibitionism, voyeurism, gender identity disorders not resulting from physical impairments, or other sexual behavior disorders," according to the text of the law.
: The Legal Intelligencer : January 13, 2015
Obermayer Rebmann Maxwell & Hippel partner Stephanie J. Sprenkle was elected to the Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Philadelphia board of directors.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : January 12, 2015
Lawyers for several California animation studios accused of fixing wages say the claims must be resolved outside of a public courtroom.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : January 06, 2015
Jason Carter has returned to Bondurant Mixson & Elmore after his unsuccessful bid for governor of Georgia.
Rebekah Mintzer : Corporate Counsel : December 15, 2014
The National Labor Relations Board decision in the "Purple Communications" case upends prior NLRB thinking on worker use of employer email, and may open the door for other legal complications.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : December 14, 2014
Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher grabbed a senior debt finance partner from Kirkland & Ellis in London, as the latter snatches Winston & Strawn's litigation chair in Chicago; Jones Day beefs up in Miami; Sidley Austin snags six from Loeb & Loeb; a half-dozen lawyers leave firms for in-house jobs and more notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : December 10, 2014
Two labor lawyers offer their takes on how the U.S. Supreme Court decision will affect claims over security checks, like the case against Apple, and other wage-and-hour actions.
: New Jersey Law Journal : December 04, 2014
Three alums of the Rutgers Law School MSP (Minority Student Program) on Oct. 21 attended the swearing-in ceremony of Jenny Yang, the new chair of the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, recently appointed by President Barack Obama, in Washington, D.C.