- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Atlanta
- Head Count: 275
- Gross Revenues: $148,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $540,000
- Profits Per Partner: $515,000
- Year Over Year Change: 2
Fisher & Phillips is an Atlanta-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Fisher & Phillips has 275 attorneys and is the 161st largest firm in the United States. With $148,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 169th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MO, MS, NC, NJ, NV, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN and TX.
In the News
John Council : Texas Lawyer : July 27, 2015
The Texas Supreme Court has ordered the city of Houston to scrap its equal rights ordinance or put it to a public vote in November.
Celia Ampel : Daily Business Review : July 21, 2015
Boies Schiller attorneys Sigrid S. McCawley and Lauren Fleischer Louis are part of a legal team claiming sponsor organizations have colluded to keep au pair wages at $4.35 an hour.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : July 20, 2015
Pennsylvania law firms are doing some midyear hiring if the latest lateral partner announcements are any indication.
: The Legal Intelligencer : July 16, 2015
Suzanne H. DePillis joined Messa & Associates as a senior associate.
Rebekah Mintzer : Corporate Counsel : July 15, 2015
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration released a memorandum putting employers that run hospitals and residential care facilities on high alert regarding several aspects of employee safety.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : July 08, 2015
After trying a big firm and a small firm, trial lawyer Ken Hodges has gone solo, for the first time in his more than 20 years as a lawyer.
Jonathan Ringel : Daily Report : July 07, 2015
The Daily Report is proud to announce our 2015 class for "On the Rise"—a selection of Georgia lawyers under the age of 40 who are making a difference in the community and will continue to do so in the future.
Rebekah Mintzer : Corporate Counsel : July 02, 2015
Employers should be preparing for potentially major alterations to the way they categorize and compensate employees under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Rebekah Mintzer : Corporate Counsel : June 30, 2015
After the U.S. Supreme Court's 'Obergefell' decision, employers should go back and take a fresh look at how their policies treat same-sex married couples.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : June 30, 2015
Continuing its hiring spree, Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith added three new partners in June from a mix of large and small firms: Frank Brannen from King & Spalding, Jason Wright from Morris Manning & Martin and Terry Finnerty from Ford & Finnerty.
Rebekah Mintzer : Corporate Counsel : June 23, 2015
Who is an employee in an economy where the tech-driven and on-demand nature of services has to some degree changed the nature of classification criteria?
Max Mitchell : The Legal Intelligencer : June 12, 2015
A whistleblower suit filed by a zoning enforcement officer who alleges he was fired for reporting on problems with a school district construction project will be allowed to go forward, the Commonwealth Court has ruled.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 07, 2015
Drinker Biddle & Reath adds a labor and employment partner with star power; Bryan Cave parts ways with a former senator; Greenberg Traurig grabs two former Dewey & LeBoeuf dealmakers; four firms raid Kirkland & Ellis; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : June 03, 2015
Labor and employment firm Fisher & Phillips now has as many offices as Baskin-Robbins has original ice cream flavors.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 15, 2015
As the one-year anniversary of the firm's creation draws near, several more Squire Patton Boggs partners seek new homes; Baker & Hostetler brings on roughly 30 lawyers from McKenna Long & Aldridge ahead of the latter's June 1 merger with Dentons; Boies, Schiller & Flexner bags another federal prosecutor; Greenberg Traurig grows in Poland; and more notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : April 28, 2015
An increase in transactional activity, notably in real estate, drove revenue and profit gains at most of Atlanta's nine Am Law 100 and 200 firms, but the conclusion of major class action litigation caused revenue declines at Alston & Bird and Sutherland Asbill & Brennan.
: Daily Report : April 28, 2015
Atlanta Firm Financials tells you who's up, who's down and everything in between.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 21, 2015
K&L Gates sees six partners leave for four firms; some of Fried Frank's Asia lawyers find new homes; Jackson Lewis opens two new offices; Mayer Brown adds a practice leader; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Greg Land : Daily Report : April 07, 2015
Fisher & Phillips came through 2014 with what managing partner Roger Quillen termed modest growth, bumping net income 4.3 percent to $61 million, and increasing profits per partner by 3 percent. Gross revenue was up 6.1 percent, to $148 million.
Rebekah Mintzer : Corporate Counsel : March 27, 2015
The U.S. Supreme Court's "Young v. United Parcel Service" ruling provides some guidance for employers dealing with potential liability from pregnancy discrimination claims.
Amanda Bronstad : The National Law Journal : March 26, 2015
A federal appeals court has found that "service advisers"—those people at the car dealership who give repair estimates—are entitled to overtime pay under federal labor law.
: The National Law Journal : March 23, 2015
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Rebekah Mintzer : Corporate Counsel : March 23, 2015
The initiative appears to be a genuine attempt by Starbucks to build social awareness, but the road to lawsuits could be paved with well-meaning corporate social responsibility.
Rebekah Mintzer : Corporate Counsel : March 20, 2015
After facing wage-and-hour suits and protests to raise the minimum wage, McDonald's Inc. now is dealing with complaints filed with the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
: The Legal Intelligencer : March 18, 2015
Michael D. Lazzara joined Pietragallo Gordon Alfano Bosick & Raspanti as a member in the firm's intellectual property practice group.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 10, 2015
Sidley Austin and Katten Muchin Rosenman snag Vinson & Elkins partners in Houston; Honigman adds a former U.S. senator; K&L Gates bags eight lawyers in two cities; Mayer Brown and Chadbourne & Parke make additions in Mexico City; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
: New Jersey Law Journal : February 27, 2015
: Corporate Counsel : February 23, 2015
A memorandum from National Labor Relations Board general counsel Richard Griffin Jr. outlines new guidance for when unions and management can arbitrate their way out of conflicts.
: The National Law Journal : February 16, 2015
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
Rebekah Mintzer : Corporate Counsel : February 10, 2015
The reemergence of measles in the U.S. has led to questions about what employers can and cannot do during an outbreak.