- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Boston
- Head Count: 345
- Gross Revenues: $357,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,035,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,210,000
- Year Over Year Change: -3
Fish & Richardson is a Boston-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Fish & Richardson has 345 attorneys and is the 125th largest firm in the United States. With $357,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 88th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2012 Global 100 survey, Fish & Richardson ranked as the 93rd highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, DE, GA, MA, MN, NY and TX.
In the News
Rebekah Mintzer : Corporate Counsel : February 10, 2016
Some are calling it political correctness “gone mad”: The National Aeronautics and Space Administration has prohibited a group of Christian employees from writing “Jesus” in a newsletter. Did NASA's legal department make the right call?
Tony Mauro : Supreme Court Brief : February 10, 2016
When Carter Phillips and Seth Waxman, two titans of the U.S. Supreme Court bar, both want to argue the same side of a case, what are you going to do? You do what the National Football League does every game: flip a coin.
Ian Lopez : Legaltech News : February 10, 2016
In these LTNY sessions, experts convey the essence of the legal technology world and discuss what trends are still to come.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : February 04, 2016
Troutman Sanders had a blockbuster year in 2015, reporting $468.5 million in revenue, up 11 percent, and net income of $180.8 million, up 14 percent. Profit per equity partner jumped from $805,000 to $970,000—after a $55,000 increase in 2014.
Ricci Dipshan : Legaltech News : February 04, 2016
A Legaltech New York Panel discussed what the future tech is on the horizon for the legal industry—and what complex issues are likely to remain unsolved.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : February 02, 2016
U.S. District Judge Beth Labson Freeman wants a jury to resolve whether Merck's patents are valid.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : February 02, 2016
In a company blog post, Cisco general counsel Mark Chandler said infringement finding marks "the beginning of the end for Arista's systemic copying."
: Texas Lawyer : January 28, 2016
Brant J. Stogner, a trial lawyer, has been named a partner in Houston-based Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Sorrels, Agosto & Friend.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : January 26, 2016
Jack Ko joins as a Shanghai partner from San Diego.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : January 26, 2016
The company, under fire from its larger rival, has hired a team from Wilson Sonsini and is pursuing antitrust claims.
Angela Morris : Texas Lawyer : January 20, 2016
One attorney who says he's a crusader and muckraker has brought the high-profile reprimand of a federal judge, an indictment of a former district attorney and a new criminal investigation into Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : January 20, 2016
More firms are promoting lawyers to partner—and promoting more of them—than last year, based on the steady stream of partner promotion announcements the Daily Report has received this month.
John Council : Texas Lawyer : January 15, 2016
Leonard Davis, a former chief judge of the Eastern District, believes the region's enormous patent docket will likely decline after a huge year of filings in 2015.
Angela Morris : Texas Lawyer : January 08, 2016
The judge in Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton's case has approved over $250,000 in payments to the special prosecutors for their pretrial work after denying the AG's efforts to cap the payments.
Lisa Shuchman : The American Lawyer : January 01, 2016
Fish & Richardson is omnipresent in the IP world—and it wins.
Recorder Staff : The Recorder : December 31, 2015
Billions of dollars—not to mention bragging rights—are at stake in cases set for trial against Facebook, Google, Uber and others.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : December 30, 2015
Deep-pocketed litigation funders are throwing investor dollars into lawsuits, raising questions about ethics and the specter of regulation.
Recorder Editors : The Recorder : December 29, 2015
From Uber's accelerated hiring to the emails that seemed to stall Ellen Pao's case, we look back on the year's must-see headlines at the intersection of law, technology and business.
Charles Toutant, Lisa Shuchman and Ross Todd : New Jersey Law Journal : December 28, 2015
Crude Oil. You Belong (to) Me. Perfect Copy.
John Council : Texas Lawyer : December 23, 2015
As the nation's busiest patent judge, U.S. District Judge Rodney Gilstrap has reviewed thousands of infringement claims but had yet to find one that was so baseless it warranted forcing the plaintiff pay for the defendants' attorney fees. But now the Eastern District of Texas judge has found a litigant that's crossed the line.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : December 21, 2015
The company's legal team at Fish & Richardson says rival Corel "deliberately capitalized" on the success of Microsoft Word and Excel.
: The American Lawyer : December 21, 2015
A repeat winner claims the top prize in The American Lawyer's Litigation Department of the Year contest, while three practice area winners, 11 finalists and six individual litigators are honored for outstanding successes in the hardest-fought cases.
: The American Lawyer : December 21, 2015
Meet the 15 firms and six individual litigators honored in The American Lawyer's biennial Litigation Department of the Year issue.
Angela Morris : Texas Lawyer : December 14, 2015
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton's felony cases for alleged securities law violations will move forward after a judge rejected his 10 attempts to have his prosecution tossed out.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : December 07, 2015
The Federal Circuit tried Monday to figure out what to do with a winning invalidity defense when a later inter partes review came out the other way.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : November 24, 2015
: The National Law Journal : November 16, 2015
The 20 firms on these pages represent appellate advocacy at its strongest.
Sheri Qualters : The National Law Journal : November 16, 2015
Fish & Richardson likes a dual perspective on appeal. It commonly uses the firm lawyer who ran the trial to present oral arguments — with the help of a fresh take from at least one attorney in the firm's appellate practice.
Angela Morris : Texas Lawyer : November 16, 2015
The special prosecutors in Ken Paxton's criminal case claim that the attorney general has accused them and the original judge in the case of misconduct in an effort to cast himself as a victim and the prosecutors as the bad guys.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 11, 2015
Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker is the latest big firm to bet on the Lone Star State with an 11-lawyer team from Lewis Brisbois; Shearman & Sterling snags an IP trio from Kenyon & Kenyon; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.