- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Boston
- Head Count: 345
- Gross Revenues: $357,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,035,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,210,000
- Year Over Year Change: -3
Fish & Richardson is a Boston-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Fish & Richardson has 345 attorneys and is the 125th largest firm in the United States. With $357,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 88th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2012 Global 100 survey, Fish & Richardson ranked as the 93rd highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, DE, GA, MA, MN, NY and TX.
In the News
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : August 03, 2015
Covington & Burling, at the top of The National Law Journal's list of Washington's largest firms for the second consecutive year, added about 15 total lawyers last year in a time when elite firms, especially ones that focus on litigation, find the most ability to expand in Washington.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : July 31, 2015
Sonal Mehta is the latest to leave a legendary litigation practice that at its peak counted 120 lawyers nationwide.
Anita Abedian : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
The two firms, along with Greenberg Traurig and Hunton & Williams, are still fighting claims that they helped facilitate R. Allen Stanford's Ponzi scheme.
Jim Schroeder : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
The next tier of firms in our A-List rankings, and what they need to do to step up.
Michael A. Riccardi : Delaware Business Court Insider : July 15, 2015
A company's status as an intended third-party beneficiary of a settlement agreement means that it can't get out of a provision in which Delaware jurisdiction was specifically selected, a federal judge in the District of Delaware has ruled.
Zoe Ferguson : The Am Law Daily : July 14, 2015
Curtis Jackson III, a rapper known as 50 Cent, has assembled a high-powered legal team as he files for personal bankruptcy protection in Connecticut following an adverse $5 million judgment against him in sex tape litigation.
Suzanne Monyak : Daily Report : July 07, 2015
After 34 years at the Ocmulgee Judicial Circuit, Ocmulgee District Attorney Fred Bright has announced his retirement because of health issues. His last day will be Aug. 31.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 05, 2015
Latham & Watkins corporate partner Graeme Sloan in London joined Morrison & Foerster as co-chair of its M&A group; Covington & Burling brings back a high-profile former U.S. attorney general; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Anita Abedian : The Litigation Daily : June 24, 2015
A Texas federal judge has allowed lawsuits to continue against Proskauer, Chadbourne and a former lawyer at the two firms over the roles they played representing convicted Ponzi scheme promoter R. Allen Stanford.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : June 23, 2015
Company says inter partes review filings targeting its glaucoma drug amount to extortion.
Kim Kleman, editor-in-chief : The American Lawyer : June 23, 2015
We've uncovered some sobering statistics in our special report on women in Big Law.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : June 16, 2015
En banc ruling Tuesday in 'Williamson v. Citrix' means more patents will be subject to statutory requirements for means-plus-function claims.
: The Recorder : June 15, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Richard Acello : The National Law Journal : June 08, 2015
Asked what part of the job he likes best, he said, "Feeling like I'm a part of the team that's building a great company."
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 08, 2015
Here's one option for the beleaguered fast-food industry: Close the burger joints and lease the space to law firms instead.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 07, 2015
Drinker Biddle & Reath adds a labor and employment partner with star power; Bryan Cave parts ways with a former senator; Greenberg Traurig grabs two former Dewey & LeBoeuf dealmakers; four firms raid Kirkland & Ellis; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : June 04, 2015
Tamara Fraizer specializes in digital health, medical devices and pharmaceutical patents.
Lisa Shuchman : Corporate Counsel : June 01, 2015
Leaving a popular patent trial court, a judge lands at a powerhouse firm.
Sheri Qualters : The National Law Journal : June 01, 2015
Fish & Richardson's deep expertise in intellectual property law means it can handle a client's patent dispute whether it lands in court or at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Ginny LaRoe : The National Law Journal : June 01, 2015
Any mention of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher's intellectual property work in 2014 must center on . In a ruling viewed as the single biggest disrupter in patent law in recent times, the U.S. Supreme Court unanimously sided with Gibson Dunn on the limits of patent eligibility.
: The National Law Journal : June 01, 2015
This week we recognize 15 law firms that accomplish great things in the realm of intellectual property law.
: The National Law Journal : May 25, 2015
New arrivals and laterals in this week's column.
Miriam Rozen : Texas Lawyer : May 19, 2015
Court ruling describes Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld, which previously represented a corporate plaintiff that forged trial documents, as "another victim" of the fraudulent conduct.
Lisa Shuchman : Corporate Counsel : May 14, 2015
The registry that owns the controversial domain name ".sucks" has put the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers on notice that its criticisms and actions against the company could lead to legal action.
John Council : Texas Lawyer : May 11, 2015
In one of his last decisions before leaving the bench for private practice, U.S. District Judge Leonard Davis hit three Texas patent attorneys with fines for filing frivolous pleadings.
Lisa Shuchman : The Litigation Daily : May 08, 2015
Three years after Aereo Inc. first rattled the broadcast television industry with its online TV streaming service, the company's copyright battle with the nation's major networks is finally over.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 05, 2015
Despite a recent spate of departures, K&L Gates absorbed three-partner Moltz Morton & Glenn in Austin, Texas; Cozen O'Connor brings on a 10-lawyer state attorneys general group from Dickstein Shapiro; White & Case raids Clifford Chance in the Middle East; and more notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : April 28, 2015
Intellectual property litigator John Harbin has left King & Spalding for local IP boutique Meunier Carlin & Curfman.
: The National Law Journal : April 27, 2015
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : April 24, 2015
The firm scored wins in three high-stakes, high-dollar trials.