- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Boston
- Head Count: 338
- Gross Revenues: $395,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,170,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,490,000
- Year Over Year Change: 7
Fish & Richardson is a Boston-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Fish & Richardson has 345 attorneys and is the 125th largest firm in the United States. With $395,000,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 81st on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2012 Global 100 survey, Fish & Richardson ranked as the 93rd highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, DE, GA, MA, MN, NY and TX.
In the News
Scott Graham : The Recorder : May 24, 2016
A new website collects the standing orders of federal judges who encourage appearances by junior lawyers.
Ed Silverstein : Legaltech News : May 18, 2016
The panel will discuss the how up and coming innovations will revolutionize and level the playing field for client services
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : May 16, 2016
It was like winning the PR lottery: Fifteen seconds of unexpected fame for law firms featured May 10 on the TV game show "Jeopardy!"
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : May 11, 2016
It was like winning the PR lottery: 15 seconds of unexpected fame for law firms featured on the TV game show "Jeopardy!"
Mary Alice Robbins : Texas Lawyer : May 11, 2016
Joel Blake recently joined Stibbs & Co. in Spring as an associate. He practices business and energy law, covering a wide variety of corporate matters.
Jennifer Williams-Alvarez : Corporate Counsel : May 10, 2016
Experts are split on whether there's infringement, but they agree that YouTube's Spanish Spoiler can't reveal and say whatever he wants.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : May 03, 2016
When David Atkinson and Stephen Dermer decided to dissolve their six-lawyer insurance defense boutique, Magill Atkinson Dermer, it sparked some musical chairs in the local insurance defense community.
Kathleen J. Wu : Texas Lawyer : May 02, 2016
Hopefully, the spirit of an upcoming Women in Law hackathon will stay true to the hackathon ethos: experts and fresh thinkers coming together to generate bold, even crazy, ideas for new products, new services and, in the case of this event, new solutions to persistent problems.
Mary Alice Robins : Texas Lawyer : April 27, 2016
Laura Whiting has joined Gardere Wynne Sewell as an environmental partner in the firm's Dallas office. She will assist clients with all aspects of compliance and permitting for heavily regulated industry and real estate development.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 27, 2016
The five remaining U.S. presidential candidates all have a need for outside counsel on the campaign trail, and not surprisingly it's the two frontrunners that have accrued the most in legal expenses.
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
The firm's profits grew by 23 percent, while revenue per lawyer rose by 13 percent.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : April 25, 2016
Big Law litigators love to boast that their firms are ready and willing to take cases to trial. So it's interesting to look at the top 100 verdicts of 2015 to see what firms are actually making good on their threats. The answer is probably not who you'd think.
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
The Am Law 100 eked out gains across major financial metrics in 2015. But growth was the slowest in years.
: The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
The American Lawyer's annual report on the nation's 100 top-grossing law firms. Full financial results, in-depth analysis, firm profiles, and more.
: The Am Law Daily : April 20, 2016
Before The American Lawyer's complete annual Am Law 100 report is released on April 25, take a peek at preliminary reporting on law firm financials from The Am Law Daily and its regional affiliates.
Tom McParland : Delaware Business Court Insider : April 13, 2016
Cisco Systems will have to defend against a patent infringement lawsuit after a Delaware federal judge on Monday denied the California-based technology company's summary judgment motions for invalidity and non-infringement.
Tom McParland : Delaware Law Weekly : April 13, 2016
The global patent and intellectual property firm Fish & Richardson announced last week that it has named Susan Morrison Coletti the managing principal of its Wilmington office.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : April 12, 2016
Plenty of small intellectual property boutiques handle patent and trademark prosecution, but a two-lawyer IP litigation shop is more rare. Dan Kent and Steve Risley, both experienced IP litigators, have started just such a shop, Kent & Risley.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : April 12, 2016
The commission will review an administrative law judge's finding that Arista Networks infringes Cisco networking patents.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : April 10, 2016
They call it the death squad, where patents go to die. But that doesn't mean the U.S. Patent Trial and Appeal Board always gets it right.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : April 05, 2016
Demand for litigators seems to be lagging behind corporate, regulatory and transactional specialists--consistent with predictions by some consultants earlier this year. So what do recent lateral moves tell us about the market for litigators?
John Council : Texas Lawyer : April 04, 2016
Two years ago, Rob Hunter was served with the kind of intellectual property lawsuit that terrifies seasoned corporate general counsel. His company, Altec Industries, was sued for patent infringement in the Eastern District of Texas, dropping them straight into a plaintiff's fantasy world of litigation where jury awards are huge and judges rarely dismiss claims on summary judgment.
Roy Strom : The National Law Journal : March 31, 2016
Fish & Richardson attorneys already helped Chicago Board of Options Exchange Inc. beat back a patent infringement case from a rival exchange. Now they've won their client more than $6 million in attorney fees.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : March 28, 2016
Bill Gates turned to the firm that bears his father's name to buy a multimillion-dollar property in a Florida equestrian's paradise.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : March 28, 2016
Fresh off a $200 million win, Merck's lawyers at Williams & Connolly are seeking hundreds of millions in supplemental damages and ongoing royalties.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : March 24, 2016
The sizeable verdict is a fraction of Merck's demand in a feud over patents for the treatment of hepatitis C.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : March 24, 2016
Weiguo "Will" Chen joins the firm's Palo Alto office from Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : March 23, 2016
While the court backed the Patent Trial and Appeal Board in a 2-1 ruling, Judge Jimmie Reyna went on the attack.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : March 23, 2016
As the case moves on to a damages phase, lawyers for Merck & Co. Inc. will push for a 10 percent cut of sales on Gilead Sciences Inc.'s blockbuster drug sofosbuvir.
: The National Law Journal : March 21, 2016
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.