- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Washington
- Head Count: 314
- Gross Revenues: $309,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $985,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,220,000
- Year Over Year Change: N/A
Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, is a Washington-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, has 314 attorneys and is the 139th largest firm in the United States. With $309,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 105th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2009 Global 100 survey, Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, ranked as the 99th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, GA, MA and VA.
In the News
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : February 09, 2016
The firms led the way in negative and positive head count growth for the Am Law 200 over the past 14 months.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : February 05, 2016
Kirupa Pushparaj discusses the payment company's approach to patents and how it's been impacted by the U.S. Supreme Court's 'Alice' decision.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : February 05, 2016
A disciplined, multi-year hiring spree that brought in partners Douglas Lumish, Richard Frenkel and Jeffrey Homrig helped turn around a listless practice.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : January 28, 2016
Former Winston & Strawn litigation partner Robert Ruyak spoke with The Am Law Daily about his recent decision to start his own boutique, the current litigation landscape and the fall of Howrey, a now-defunct firm he once chaired.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : January 27, 2016
U.S. District Judge Gregory Sleet ruled that Washington University waited to loo long to complain about its share of income from a blockbuster kidney disease treatment.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : January 19, 2016
After the Supreme Court's decision last week to rule on fundamental questions about the proceedings, lawyers like Finnegan's Erika Arner say "the sooner, the better."
Recorder Editors : The Recorder : December 29, 2015
From Uber's accelerated hiring to the emails that seemed to stall Ellen Pao's case, we look back on the year's must-see headlines at the intersection of law, technology and business.
Vanessa Blum : The Recorder : December 24, 2015
Firms aren't automatically conflicted when they prosecute patents for business competitors with similar inventions, the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court ruled.
Am Law Daily Staff : The American Lawyer : December 21, 2015
Celebrity clients and high-profile cases come with the territory when you're one of the nation's top litigation teams. Here are headline-grabbing suits from among 108 contest submissions for our Litigation Department of the Year awards.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : November 24, 2015
Scott Graham : The Recorder : November 13, 2015
Why patent reform is stuck, 'Alice' is "scary," and what it will take to improve patent quality.
: The National Law Journal : November 09, 2015
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
Lisa Shuchman : Texas Lawyer : November 02, 2015
Patent litigation isn't what it used to be. Monumental changes to U.S. patent law have changed the rules of the litigation game.
Lisa Shuchman : The American Lawyer : November 01, 2015
New legislation, new regulator, new decisions: Change is the one constant in the IP scrum.
Lisa Shuchman : Corporate Counsel : October 26, 2015
The practice has been changed forever. A lot of lawyers preferred the old way.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : October 26, 2015
What law firm has the top patent litigation practice? It depends on how you measure it, but new data from Lit Daily affiliate Corporate Counsel suggests one possible answer. When you factor in other surveys, though, it's not so clear-cut.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 25, 2015
Stone Ridge Asset Management recruits a Davis Polk & Wardwell corporate partner to be its new head of legal; McKenna Long's former cybsecurity co-chair finds a new home; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Tony Mauro : Supreme Court Brief : October 19, 2015
The U.S. Supreme Court will soon have another chance to revisit its often chilly relationship with the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. In the last five terms, the court has heard 24 appeals from Federal Circuit decisions, and affirmed only eight.
Tony Mauro : The National Law Journal : October 19, 2015
Until Monday, the U.S. Supreme Court's docket for the new term was devoid of its usually steady flow of intellectual property cases. The justices ended the dry spell by granting review in two patent disputes arising from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, both of which could establish the standard for awarding enhanced damages in cases of willful infringement.
: The National Law Journal : October 12, 2015
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : September 25, 2015
After gorging itself on patent cases the last few years, IP lawyers figure the justices may want to push away from the table this term.
: The National Law Journal : September 23, 2015
Earlier this summer, the National Law Journal, collaborating with the Connecticut Law Tribune, solicited nominations for our Boston Rising Stars supplement, which features exemplary young lawyers in the Boston area.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : September 22, 2015
Amid partner departures, Kenyon & Kenyon has elected Edward Colbert—comedian Stephen Colbert's older brother—as its new managing partner.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 15, 2015
Finnegan Henderson and Kenyon & Kenyon, two top IP-focused firms, see partners peel away on both coasts; Gibson Dunn grows in London; Morgan Lewis adds an Islamic finance expert; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : September 08, 2015
In a case that has the legal industry's attention, Massachusetts state justices criticized Finnegan for allowing a conflict to develop between two patent clients.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : September 02, 2015
In a win for Sandoz and its lawyers at Morrison & Foerster, the Federal Circuit refused to extend a sales ban on Zarxio, the biosimilar version of an Amgen drug.
Lisa Shuchman : Corporate Counsel : September 01, 2015
A federal court upholds canceling the Redskin trademark, but the team still has some rights to the name.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : August 26, 2015
A decision that representing rival patent-seekers amounts to a conflict of interest would have dire consequences for lawyers and clients, according to an amicus brief from Morrison & Foerster, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman and several other firms.
: The American Lawyer : August 24, 2015
Franklin California v. Commonwealth of Puerto Rico; Smartflash v. Apple; Jang v. Boston Scientific; Amphastar v. Sanofi