- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Washington
- Head Count: 292
- Gross Revenues: $308,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,055,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,175,000
- Year Over Year Change: N/A
Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, is a Washington, D.C.-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2016 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, has 292 attorneys and is the 145th largest firm in the United States. With $308,000,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 106th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2009 Global 100 survey, Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, ranked as the 99th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, GA, MA and VA.
In the News
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : July 07, 2016
Ropes & Gray patent litigation partners Hiroyuki Hagiwara and Hassen Sayeed have joined Paul Hastings in Tokyo and New York, respectively.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : July 01, 2016
Discussions between a law firm's attorneys and the firm's general counsel about ethical obligations in representing a client can be withheld from the client based on attorney-client privilege, a Manhattan appeals court ruled Thursday.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : June 30, 2016
Some IPR chickens are coming home to roost for Cisco Systems Inc., Verizon Communications Inc. and Avaya Inc., following losses at the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : June 29, 2016
Cisco, Verizon and Avaya emerge from inter partes review with clipped wings.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : June 28, 2016
Georgia state Sen. Elena Parent has joined two former Sutherland Asbill & Brennan colleagues, M. Scott Holcomb and Bryan Ward, as counsel at Holcomb + Ward, which they just launched in May.
Nell Gluckman : The American Lawyer : June 27, 2016
Hughes Hubbard is tops for U.S. pro bono; Dechert leads the international scene.
Lisa Shuchman : Corporate Counsel : June 23, 2016
Suits by trolls still bedevil patent holders, despite efforts to rein them in.
Lisa Shuchman : Corporate Counsel : June 16, 2016
The U.S. International Trade Commission is a popular forum for IP actions, thanks to its speed and its mandate.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : June 07, 2016
E. Terrell Gilbert Jr., a partner in Arnall Golden Gregory's corporate and securities and corporate governance practice, has gone in-house at Beazer Homes as assistant general counsel of securities and finance.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : June 03, 2016
Arthur Chong will work as a special advisor.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 01, 2016
In an annual filing, The National Football League Players Association recently detailed expenditures to 16 law firms within the past year, including payments to Gibson Dunn, Latham & Watkins, Norton Rose Fulbright and Winston & Strawn.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : June 01, 2016
Los Angeles, New York and Washington, D.C., were hot markets for lateral litigators in May, with firms including Boies, Schiller & Flexner; Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan; Morrison & Foerster; and Bracewell coming out on top. Here are The Lit Daily's picks for the most notable litigator moves in May.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : May 17, 2016
Corporate partner Stephen Tan advises on cross-border deals and compliance matters.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : May 11, 2016
David Ruschke, Medtronic's chief patent counsel, will be the second permanent chief judge of the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : May 07, 2016
Partner Julie Holloway will defend infringement claims from OpenTV, which has launched similar campaigns against Netflix, Apple and others.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : April 30, 2016
Two years of data since the Supreme Court's 'Octane Fitness' ruling show fees are flowing but Intellectual Ventures and other big NPEs haven't been hit.
Lisa Shuchman : Corporate Counsel : April 26, 2016
The number of patent litigation filings related to new drug applications before the FDA, known as ANDA filings, increased dramatically in 2014-15.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 20, 2016
A shift change at Jenner & Block; Duane Morris takes on 13 lawyers from two firms; DLA Piper partners form their own boutique; a Proskauer Rose litigator becomes CEO of a litigation financier; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The National Law Journal : April 18, 2016
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : April 05, 2016
Demand for litigators seems to be lagging behind corporate, regulatory and transactional specialists--consistent with predictions by some consultants earlier this year. So what do recent lateral moves tell us about the market for litigators?
: The Recorder : April 01, 2016
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 31, 2016
Boies Schiller and Cooley bulk up their nascent outposts in London; Gordon Rees and Shipman & Goodwin grow in New York; Hogan Lovells hires four in Australia and an ex-New York prosecutor; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The Recorder : March 28, 2016
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : March 24, 2016
Weiguo "Will" Chen joins the firm's Palo Alto office from Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner.
Staff : The Am Law Daily : March 24, 2016
Milton Springut : New York Law Journal : March 22, 2016
Milton Springut writes: Patent practice, like many other forms of legal practice, is becoming more and more specialized. It is not uncommon that patent prosecution counsel develops expertise in obtaining patent protection in one area of technology, and has multiple clients operating in the same space. While the increasingly focused expertise of patent attorneys benefits clients, it also raises significant ethical issues.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : February 09, 2016
The firms led the way in negative and positive head count growth for the Am Law 200 over the past 14 months.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : February 05, 2016
Kirupa Pushparaj discusses the payment company's approach to patents and how it's been impacted by the U.S. Supreme Court's 'Alice' decision.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : February 05, 2016
A disciplined, multi-year hiring spree that brought in partners Douglas Lumish, Richard Frenkel and Jeffrey Homrig helped turn around a listless practice.