- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Washington
- Head Count: 314
- Gross Revenues: $309,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $985,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,220,000
- Year Over Year Change: -8
Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, is a Washington-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, has 314 attorneys and is the 139th largest firm in the United States. With $309,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 105th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2009 Global 100 survey, Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, ranked as the 99th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, GA, MA and VA.
In the News
Katelyn Polantz : Legal Times : July 30, 2015
Lawsuits related to incidents of sexual assault have hit Rolling Stone Magazine and DC's Bandolero restaurant with accusations of wrongdoing. This is a round-up of legal news from ALM and around the country.
Jim Schroeder : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
The next tier of firms in our A-List rankings, and what they need to do to step up.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : July 21, 2015
In a win for Sandoz, Judge Alan Lourie held that providing early disclosures to brand drug makers is optional.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 20, 2015
The head of Dickstein Shapiro's insurance coverage practice leads nine other lawyers to Los Angeles-based Liner; Morgan, Lewis & Bockius hires two more partners in London; and other notable new roles from throughout The Am Law 200.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : July 16, 2015
Dawson successfully defended drugmaker Sanofi-Aventis against a novel False Claims Act case alleging that his client defrauded the government by improperly getting a drug patent on a blood thinner.
: The National Law Journal : July 13, 2015
As the U.S. Department of Justice investigates whether airlines conspired to keep ticket prices high, consumers are already going to court. Plus more in this week's column.
Lisa Shuchman : Corporate Counsel : July 09, 2015
The decision by a federal district judge to uphold the cancellation of the Washington Redskins' trademark does not mean the franchise must stop selling T-shirts, caps and other merchandise bearing the team name.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : July 09, 2015
In its first major decision on covered business-method review, the Federal Circuit gave the Patent Trial and Appeal Board a long leash, while reserving itself the ultimate review.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : July 07, 2015
Kara Farnandez Stoll, a former Finnegan partner, is an experienced patent litigator, well-connected in the Beltway, and the first woman of color to join the circuit bench.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : July 06, 2015
The Ninth Circuit said a trademark fight between the retail giant and a luxury watch manufacturer should go to trial.
MP McQueen : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
Recent redesigns speak volumes about the changing role of firm libraries and the librarians who oversee them.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : June 24, 2015
Kara Stoll, a Finnegan partner, would replace former Chief Judge Randall Rader.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : June 23, 2015
The Sixth District Court of Appeal said a 2009 settlement agreement doesn't protect Finnegan Henderson client.
Vivia Chen : The Careerist : June 19, 2015
Forty-four firms get WILEF's seal of approval.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 02, 2015
The National Football League Players Association filed its annual financial report with the U.S. Department of Labor, which shows that the powerful professional sports union has paid big money to lawyers from five leading Am Law 100 firms.
: The Recorder : May 29, 2015
Arguments in fight over $1.2 billion cancer drug expected to flesh out procedures around 2010 biologics law.
Drew Combs : The American Lawyer : May 28, 2015
The group showed improvement, but its results lagged behind The Am Law 100's.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : May 22, 2015
Changed patent climate could doom smaller publicly traded patent assertion entities like Joe Beyers' Inventergy.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : May 19, 2015
James Smith helped implement the now popular postgrant procedures authorized in the America Invents Act.
R. Robin McDonald : Daily Report : May 08, 2015
The U.S. District Court is accepting applications from those hoping to replace U.S. Magistrate Judge Gerrilyn Brill, who will retire in January from the Atlanta post she has held since 1994.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : April 28, 2015
For eight years InterDigital Inc. and a succession of top IP counsel have pursued an ITC case against Nokia and Microsoft—and after detours to the Federal Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court, the company has finally won a key ruling from an ITC judge.
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : April 27, 2015
It was a year of solid gains for The Am Law 100, especially for a burgeoning group of top firms.
Lisa Shuchman : Corporate Counsel : April 16, 2015
"The Advanced Technology Patent Report 2015," written by attorneys at Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, clarifies the many recent changes in U.S. patent law.
: The National Law Journal : April 15, 2015
The National Law Journal presents 75 of the most accomplished female attorneys working in the legal profession today.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 14, 2015
Duane Morris and McKool Smith saw a pair of oenophiles pull up stakes for new endeavors; Kirkland & Ellis adds one litigator and loses two more; Paul Hastings bolsters its banking group in London; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Katelyn Polantz : Legal Times : April 13, 2015
Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner will open an office in Seoul, the firm said on Monday. The D.C.-based intellectual property firm follows some 20 U.S. and U.K. firms that have opened in South Korea since 2012.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : April 08, 2015
Siding with Abbvie Inc. and its lawyers at Latham & Watkins, the Federal Circuit again rejected efforts by the Kennedy Trust for Rheumatology Research to extend a patent license for the blockbuster anti-inflammatory drug Humira.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : April 07, 2015
Lex Machina's second annual Patent Litigation Year in Review reveals that the number of federal patent cases filed last year fell by 21 percent—from 6,082 cases in 2013 to 5,012 cases.
Katelyn Polantz : Legal Times : April 03, 2015
Although two dozen firms earned honors for their pro bono work in D.C. earlier this week, more than a few important Big Law names were missing. Is pro bono work on the decline across the city?
Katelyn Polantz : Legal Times : March 26, 2015
So far this year, the NLJ has covered several financial announcements from D.C.'s largest firms. Why not corral them and a few other firms of interest into one helpful post? 😎