- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Mountain View, Calif.
- Head Count: 288
- Gross Revenues: $327,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,135,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,540,000
- Year Over Year Change: -97
Fenwick & West is a Mountain View-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Fenwick & West has 288 attorneys and is the 151st largest firm in the United States. With $327,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 97th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in CA, ID, VT and WA.
In the News
Ricci Dipshan : Legaltech News : February 05, 2016
From the newly minted Privacy Shield agreement to the EU's upcoming GDPR law, experts dissect what the new data regulations mean for U.S. businesses.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : February 04, 2016
Simpson Thacher, Davis Polk Clifford Chance and two leading Swiss firms take the lead on the largest outbound M&A deal ever by a Chinese company; and a look at the other big firms behind the latest slate of billion-dollar transactions.
Susan Beck : The American Lawyer : February 01, 2016
Maura Grossman, a Wachtell lawyer, developed a better way to do e-discovery. Why are so few other firms taking a lead with tech?
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : February 01, 2016
Even as the Chinese stock market bubble bursts, lawyers report that they're keeping busy with M&A, tech deals, and restructuring work. Don't count out Hong Kong IPOs, either.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : January 29, 2016
Davis Polk's Alan Denenberg thought it would be fun to take clients to the game—until he saw the prices.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : January 28, 2016
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : January 28, 2016
Figure out what you want, what you really, really want, advises Fenwick's Laurence Pulgram.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : January 25, 2016
U.S. District Judge Edward Chen must approve the $9 million deal, which provides for just 11 cents per class member.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : January 22, 2016
The company's K&L Gates defense team argues that no customers were hacked as a result of pre-installed adware.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : January 21, 2016
Durie Tangri's Daralyn Durie is one of the first to argue that a surge of patent filings in late November should be subject to stricter pleading guidelines that kicked in Dec. 1
Ross Todd : The Recorder : January 20, 2016
Ruling 6-3 in 'Campbell-Ewald v. Gomez,' the high court held that a defendant can't moot a class action by offering full payment to the lead plaintiff.
Rebecca Cohen : The Recorder : January 12, 2016
Sheppard Mullin's Eric Klein is among those courting clients and eyeing industry trends at the annual J.P. Morgan event.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : January 07, 2016
The life sciences and diagnostics company Agilent Technologies announced on Wednesday that it's promoted Michael Tang to senior vice president, general counsel and secretary. He takes over for Marie Oh Huber, who left to become eBay Inc.'s general counsel.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : December 22, 2015
Thompson & Knight welcomes back a father and son attorney team in Mexico; King & Spalding grabs a Skadden counsel in D.C.; Latham & Watkins takes on a Goldman Sachs executive; and other key hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The American Lawyer : December 21, 2015
: The National Law Journal : December 07, 2015
Roberta Kaplan made her debut at the U.S. Supreme Court in 2013 when she argued — successfully — that the federal Defense of Marriage Act was unconstitutional. In a new book, Kaplan, a litigation partner at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison, presents the story behind the case. Plus more in this week's column.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : December 02, 2015
Carole Coplan joins Fenwick's contract attorney program from Cryptography Research Inc.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : December 01, 2015
The spike in cases, the bulk of which were filed by NPEs in the Eastern District of Texas, come ahead of heightened pleading standards taking effect this week.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : November 30, 2015
Pillsbury partner William Atkins' new book helps lawyers navigate the relatively new patent forum.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : November 30, 2015
Reports by Fenwick and Cooley show that although venture funding remains strong in tech, it has slowed from the last quarter.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : November 25, 2015
While federal judges have been knocking out software patents left and right, an order from U.S. District Judge Virginia Emerson Hopkins is the latest to uphold a life sciences patent.
Charles Toutant, Marisa Kendall and Ross Todd : New Jersey Law Journal : November 24, 2015
Sent Home. All Tolled. Watched Watchers.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : November 20, 2015
The company has agreed to pay $1.8 million, which plaintiffs lawyers say amounts to full reimbursement.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 19, 2015
Four Am Law 100 firms led by Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz have snagged a share of $9 million in legal fees and costs emanating from initial public offerings for online dating giant Match Group and startup mobile payments company Square.
: New York Law Journal : November 17, 2015
According to estimates, more than 57 million Americans play and wager on fantasy sports, making it a $27 billion annual business. With the rise in popularity comes a slew of legal and workplace issues, such as the recent actions by New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman.
Tom Murphy : New York Law Journal : November 12, 2015
Activision Blizzard, which owns the extraordinarily successful "Call of Duty" series, will pay $5.9 billion to buy Candy Crush maker King Digital Entertainment, combining a console gaming power with an established player in the fast-growing mobile gaming field.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : November 10, 2015
Power management and analog technology company Intersil has a new energy source. The company has appointed Andrew Hughes as vice president and general counsel. He replaces Tom Tokos, who is set to retire at the end of the year after 12 years in the position.
: The Recorder : November 06, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : November 05, 2015
The Global 100 duo grabbed roles on a $23.3 billion deal by payment processing giant Visa.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : November 05, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.