- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
Fenwick & West LLP
- Designation: Mountain View, Calif.
- Head Count: 278
- Gross Revenues: $274,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $985,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,275,000
- Year Over Year Change: 4
Fenwick & West is a Mountain View-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Fenwick & West has 278 attorneys and is the 156th largest firm in the United States. With $274,500,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 116th on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in CA, ID, VT and WA.
In the News
Amanda Bronstad : The National Law Journal : September 15, 2014
A federal judge in Santa Ana, Calif., on Monday approved a $57 million class action settlement for shareholders of Hewlett-Packard Co. who sued after the company halted plans for a mobile operating system.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : September 12, 2014
Appointing acting director Michelle Lee as the agency's permanent chief would give the agency more clout in the debate over patent reform, lawyers said.
Cheryl Miller : The Recorder : September 11, 2014
The computer giant must pay a $58.7 million fine as part of a $108 million settlement reached earlier this year with U.S. authorities.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : September 09, 2014
Fenwick partner Stuart Meyer says the firm's site is meant for those with a "casual interest" in proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
The Recorder Staff : The Recorder : September 05, 2014
David Ruiz : The Recorder : September 05, 2014
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 05, 2014
Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding filed papers Friday seeking to raise more than $21 billion in an initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange later this month. The company's prospectus also reveals a lucrative payday for its outside lawyers, generating $15.775 million in legal fees and expenses.
Chelsea Allison : The Recorder : September 05, 2014
: The Recorder : September 05, 2014
Our overall winner, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, handles complicated deals with expertise that inspires client confidence.
Nathalie Pierrepont : The Recorder : September 05, 2014
David Ruiz : The Recorder : September 05, 2014
At Google, Apple, Facebook and HP, more than 96 percent of outside counsel in local open matters are white or Asian-American, and less than a third are women.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : August 28, 2014
*Kirkland & Ellis advises Orchid Asia on $920 million China fund*HSF, KWM lead AGL's $1.1 billion rights issue for MacGen acquisition*Simpson Thacher, Gunderson Dettmer on Murata's $465 million acquisition of chipmaker Peregrine
Maria Zilberman : The Recorder : August 27, 2014
What associates are saying about the best—and worst—workplaces in San Francisco and Silicon Valley.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 22, 2014
Weil, Gotshal & Manges debt capital markets partner Gil Strauss has decamped for Simpson Thacher & Bartlett in London; Bank of America adds an Akin Gump partner; a Debevoise & Plimpton partner joins the U.S. State Department; and more notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jenna Greene : The National Law Journal : August 18, 2014
As federal antitrust regulators review Comcast Corp.'s pending $45 billion purchase of Time Warner Cable Inc. and AT&T Inc.'s $49 billion deal for DirecTV LLC, competitors and public interest advocates are on the attack — and they're lawyering up with outside and in-house counsel to fight.
Lisa Hoffman : The National Law Journal : August 14, 2014
Part of a proposed class-action deal—thrown off track when the lead plaintiff went to jail—is on again, with video-game developer Sega of America Inc. agreeing to a $1.25 million settlement. But Gearbox Software LLC continues to fight allegations that it unlawfully misrepresented the features of “Aliens: Colonial Marines.”
David Ruiz : The Recorder : August 12, 2014
Weil, Gotshal & Manges partner Jane Ross led a team advising telecom giant Telstra Corp. on the $270 million acquisition.
: The Recorder : August 08, 2014
Cheryl Miller : The Recorder : August 07, 2014
The announcement of an internal investigation, on its own, is not enough for a viable securities fraud claim, the appeals court ruled.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : August 06, 2014
Lisa Hoffman : The National Law Journal : August 05, 2014
A proposed class action of substantial interest to the video gaming world was on the cusp of a settlement when the case was hit by the litigation equivalent of friendly fire.
Recorder Staff : The Recorder : August 01, 2014
This year's list honors women leading major matters, leading within their organizations, and leading the way for other women.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : July 23, 2014
Her replacement, Michael Callahan, favored Latham and Skadden for corporate work when he was at Yahoo.
George Erb : The National Law Journal : July 21, 2014
Scott Graham : The Recorder : July 18, 2014
U.S. District Judge James Donato stayed litigation between two manufacturers of personal massagers pending inter partes review.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : July 18, 2014
The firm advised on three simultaneous listings Friday, while Fenwick & West lawyers had a hand in two.
Maria Zilberman : The Recorder : July 18, 2014
Paul Hastings puts associates through a 15-month curriculum to build practical skills and professionalism.
Mark Gerow : Law Technology News : July 17, 2014
There are a variety of ways to keep track projects and tasks: some may use Outlook tasks, others Microsoft Project. Sticky notes, spreadsheets, and Word tables are also popular. One widely available tool for tracking tasks is SharePoint, which has included task tracking capabilities since its earliest versions, and MS Project integration since the 2010 incarnation. The out-of-the-box SharePoint task list can display tasks in a variety of ways, including sorted lists, calendars and Gantt charts. While there is tremendous potential, there still exists quite a bit of resistance to adoption. Recently I've hit upon a promising new way to represent tasks: Kanban boards.
Daniel R. Brownstone : The Recorder : July 17, 2014
Software is unique enough to deserve its own patent system—one fleet-footed enough to keep up, argues Fenwick & West attorney Daniel R. Brownstone.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : July 14, 2014
A federal judge is allowing Raj Abhyanker's lawyers to withdraw from the case, finding a "clear breakdown in the attorney-client relationship."