- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Mountain View, Calif.
- Head Count: 303
- Gross Revenues: $363,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,200,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,620,000
- Year Over Year Change: 10
Fenwick & West is a Mountain View-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Fenwick & West has 288 attorneys and is the 151st largest firm in the United States. With $363,500,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 87th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in CA, ID, VT and WA.
In the News
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : June 21, 2016
The Shenzhen-based technology company is leading a consortium to buy an 84.3 percent stake in game developer Supercell from Japan's SoftBank and the game maker's employees. The deal, Tencent's largest-ever acquisition, values Supercell at $10.2 billion.
Ricci Dipshan : Legaltech News : June 20, 2016
Faced with active government agencies, employee whistleblowers, and aggressive hackers, what a company does before and immediately after a breach can make all the difference.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 20, 2016
Amid more departures, K&L Gates seeks to grow; Akin Gump and Reed Smith hire from Winston & Strawn; Fox Rothschild reels in a leading Twin Cities litigator; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Anna Zhang and Frances Ivens : The Asian Lawyer : June 20, 2016
While Global firms race to match Cravath's new associate salary scale in New York and the rest of the U.S., they are more cautious when it comes to increasing salaries in Asia.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : June 17, 2016
Some general counsel in Silicon Valley question the need for the recent wave of salary hikes for associates at leading California firms.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 17, 2016
From industrial chemicals to traffic cones, one of the last weeks of spring provided a plethora of transactional opportunities for dozens of Am Law 100 firms.
Ian Lopez : Legaltech News : June 16, 2016
In “What's Keeping You Up at Night?” at Legaltech West Coast, law firm CIOs and directors discussed challenges around enterprise technologies.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 16, 2016
A year after WilmerHale consolidated its London operations, one longtime partner has left for McDermott Will & Emery; Jones Day hires a trio; Shearman & Sterling snags one from Boies Schiller; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : June 14, 2016
More charts from The American Lawyer's annual Diversity Scorecard reveal the racial and ethnic demographics of individual law firms.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 13, 2016
Former eBay general counsel Michael Jacobson returns to Cooley in Silicon Valley; a Kirkland & Ellis seeks a shave; Greenberg Traurig grows in Israel; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The Recorder : June 10, 2016
Plus, pay bumps for (some) associates.
Rebecca Cohen : The Recorder : June 10, 2016
It took several days for news of Cravath's associate salary hikes to cause California's largest firms to act.
DAVID RUIZ : Corporate Counsel : June 08, 2016
Dropbox Inc. general counsel Ramsey Homsany is leaving his post, the company confirmed Tuesday. He will be replaced by Bart Volkmer, head of litigation and regulatory, starting June 20.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : June 07, 2016
Daniel Glazer is the latest lawyer in the technology startup world to switch firms in New York.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 01, 2016
Fox Rothschild snags three from Kenyon & Kenyon; Hogan Lovells goes on a hiring spree; Latham lands an arbitration head; Sheppard Mullin raids Steptoe; Wilmer welcomes a top federal prosecutor; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The Recorder : May 31, 2016
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : May 25, 2016
Richard Dickson explains why Fenwick's brand works in New York—and why it waited so long to make its play.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 25, 2016
Silicon Valley stalwart Fenwick & West is poised to set up shop in the Big Apple; Boies Schiller brings on two more litigators; Ropes & Gray grabs another private equity pro in London; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : May 24, 2016
Silicon Valley firm Fenwick & West, in a growth spurt amid rising revenue from tech transactions, will open a six-partner New York office next month, the firm has announced.
MP McQueen : The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
Our Diversity Scorecard finds that just over 15 percent of U.S. lawyers at big firms are members of a minority group.
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : May 23, 2016
Partner Jennifer Kelly represents the maker of "1010!," a popular puzzle game, in a copyright suit.
: The Recorder : May 20, 2016
Senior Judge Ronald Whyte announced his retirement this past week. Meanwhile, both sides of the class action bar try to spin a win from Supreme Court 'Spokeo' decision.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : May 20, 2016
The deputy GC helped close a $635 million acquisition without the help of his go-to counsel.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : May 20, 2016
It launched IPOs of Square, GoDaddy and NantKwest, the biggest biotech to date, all during a slow year.
Rebecca Cohen : The Recorder : May 20, 2016
These 10 M&A lawyers are the trusted voices of the region's tech companies.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : May 19, 2016
Fenwick & West, a growing California firm, has tapped corporate attorney Ian Goldstein, formerly a partner at Drinker Biddle & Reath in its New Jersey office. Two sources, including one at Fenwick and a former partner at Drinker Biddle, said Goldstein would work for Fenwick as a partner in a New York office.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : May 19, 2016
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : May 18, 2016
At least two suits have been filed against the peer-to-peer lender in San Francisco federal court so far this week.
: The Recorder : May 18, 2016
Latham & Watkins has taken the top honor, followed by finalists Skadden and Wilson Sonsini.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : May 05, 2016
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.