- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Designation: Minneapolis
- Head Count: 501
- Gross Revenues: $326,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $650,000
- Profits Per Partner: $545,000
- Year Over Year Change: 7
Don’t forget you can visit My Alerts to manage your alerts at any time.
Don’t forget you can visit My Alerts to manage your alerts at any time.
Dorsey & Whitney is a Minneapolis-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Dorsey & Whitney has 501 attorneys and is the 84th largest firm in the United States. With $326,000,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 92nd on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2009 Global 100 survey, Dorsey & Whitney ranked as the 100th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in AK, BC, British Columbia, CA, CO, DC, DE, IA, London, MN, MT, ND, NY, Ontario, Paris, UT and WA.
In the News
: The National Law Journal : September 08, 2014
Personnel changes at Washington-area law firms.
: The National Law Journal : September 01, 2014
Katelyn Polantz : Legal Times : August 29, 2014
Since Venable's firmwide ice-bucket challenge soaked their terrace two weeks ago, we've found a collection of other ALS Ice Bucket Challenge videos from prominent firms and lawyers.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 26, 2014
After a short stint at Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman, a pair of former Patton Boggs litigators have joined several former colleagues at Manatt, Phelps & Phillips; a Sidley Austin litigation cochair goes in-house; a former Thelen firm leader retires; and more notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Sheri Qualters : The National Law Journal : August 25, 2014
Katelyn Polantz : Legal Times : August 22, 2014
Arnold & Porter and Zuckerman Spaeder were among a number of legal groups in Washington and elsewhere to take part in the ALS awareness-raising charity campaign that has gone viral on social-networking sites this month.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 15, 2014
Two more Bingham McCutchen partners depart in Washington, D.C., Jones Day loses two in the Midwest, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett hires in New York and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The Litigation Daily : August 15, 2014
With trial in now underway in Brooklyn, see our roundup of the other key Anti-Terrorism Act cases unfolding in U.S. courts.
Andrew Keshner : New York Law Journal : August 11, 2014
More than 5,000 miles from the war-torn Middle East, a Brooklyn federal courtroom this week will be the scene of an unprecedented trial testing a multibillion dollar bank's liability for allegedly offering material support to Hamas through its financial services.
Vivia Chen : The Careerist : August 06, 2014
A look at the subtext behind Working Woman magazine's "50 best firms for women."
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 17, 2014
Foley & Lardner, Dorsey & Whitney and leading Canadian firms Miller Thomson and Stikeman Elliott are advising on a $3.8 billion oil and gas merger that will create the largest producer in North Dakota's lucrative Bakken Shale formation.
Tony Mauro : Supreme Court Brief : July 16, 2014
Less than a month after the Supreme Court issued its much-debated Alice Corp. ruling on patent eligibility for abstract ideas, the decision is already making a mark on patent litigation and claims.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : July 07, 2014
In its continuing effort to raise its national profile, Perkins Coie has named John Devaney as its first firm leader outside of its Seattle headquarters. Devaney will take the reins in January, replacing longtime veteran Robert Giles.
Nick Akerman and Parker Schweich : The National Law Journal : June 30, 2014
Besides clarifying disclosure requirements, the agency is prompting companies to take proactive steps.
Marcia Coyle : Supreme Court Brief : June 25, 2014
The U.S. Supreme Court's decision on Wednesday handing a major copyright victory to network broadcast companies over the upstart Aereo streaming service was widely seen as narrow and unlikely to stifle new technologies.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 20, 2014
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe has hired Shawn Atkinson, the former cochair of the venture capital and cross-border M&A practice at Edwards Wildman Palmer in London, where the latter firm is trying to stave off a partner exodus. Plus: Bingham McCutchen bulks up in Asia, a partner trio decamps for top in-house roles and other lateral moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 12, 2014
Shook, Hardy & Bacon is downsizing in a Kansas City, Mo., office tower built to house the firm a decade ago. And in seeking to sublease three floors of space in the building where it serves as anchor tenant, Shook Hardy is just the latest Am Law 200 firm to reduce its real estate needs amid an evolving market for legal services.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 03, 2014
Akin Gump adds more Patton Boggs refugees, Buchanan Ingersoll becomes the latest firm to head for the Rockies and more lateral hires from across the Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 09, 2014
Amid their firm's ongoing merger talks with Patton Boggs, several Squire Sanders practice leaders find new professional homes.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 06, 2014
Despite a recent round of layoffs, Winston & Strawn has hired a four-strong corporate team in Hong Kong and a three-partner IP team in San Francisco.
Marcia Coyle : The National Law Journal : April 30, 2014
The U.S. Supreme Court on Wednesday wrapped up the term's arguments by showing that its appetite for patent disputes remains unsated.
Marcia Coyle : The Recorder : April 29, 2014
Silicon Valley litigators applauded the rulings, while noting district judges would likely use their new discretion sparingly.
Marcia Coyle : Supreme Court Brief : April 29, 2014
A unanimous U.S. Supreme Court, in a warning shot to those who bring frivolous patent infringement suits, on Tuesday eased the standard for awarding attorney fees in patent cases.
Nick Akerman : The National Law Journal : April 28, 2014
Lawsuits claiming unauthorized use of smartphone tracking technology are lacking key elements.
: The National Law Journal : April 28, 2014
New hires and lateral moves in this week's column.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 23, 2014
Amid talk about a pharma M&A boom, the global mining industry is on the verge of its own round of consolidation.
Vivia Chen : The Am Law Daily : April 22, 2014
What the latest Yale Law Women's report on law firms really tells us.
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : April 22, 2014
Miami shareholder Yosbel Ibarra has been named co-chair of Greenberg Traurig's Latin American and Iberian practice group, sharing duties with shareholder Patricia Menendez-Cambo.
: The National Law Journal : April 14, 2014
Scott Morehouse joins Sheppard Mullin's real estate, land use and environmental practice as partner in the Costa Mesa, Calif., office. Plus more law firm movers in this week's column.
Tom Huddleston Jr. : The Am Law Daily : April 11, 2014
A Delaware-based litigation partner leaves Weil for DLA Piper; Mintz Levin lands three IP attorneys in Boston; and, a Utah U.S. attorney returns to Sidley Austin.