- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Minneapolis
- Head Count: 512
- Gross Revenues: $336,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $660,000
- Profits Per Partner: $600,000
- Year Over Year Change: -5
Dorsey & Whitney is a Minneapolis-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2016 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Dorsey & Whitney has 512 attorneys and is the 82nd largest firm in the United States. With $336,500,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 98th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2009 Global 100 survey, Dorsey & Whitney ranked as the 100th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in AK, British Columbia, CA, CO, DC, DE, IA, MN, MT, ND, NY, Ontario, UT and WA.
In the News
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : July 05, 2016
Anchorage office head Jahna Lindemuth was profiled in The Am Law Daily last year when she helped secure the release of one of the Fairbanks Four.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 27, 2016
Several new recruits join Reed Smith; Latham & Watkins welcomes a former Sullivan & Cromwell partner in New York; Gibson Dunn grabs one and loses another; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Nell Gluckman : The American Lawyer : June 27, 2016
Hughes Hubbard is tops for U.S. pro bono; Dechert leads the international scene.
Amanda Bronstad : The National Law Journal : June 23, 2016
Thursday's verdict for Led Zeppelin in the copyright trial over the 1971 hit song “Stairway to Heaven” reaffirms the creative rights of songwriters while demonstrating the difficulties in pursuing infringement over sheet music, according to legal experts following the case.
Scott Graham : Corporate Counsel : June 20, 2016
Experienced patent litigators share their takes on , including advice for patent prosecutors and a silver lining for patent holders.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 20, 2016
Amid more departures, K&L Gates seeks to grow; Akin Gump and Reed Smith hire from Winston & Strawn; Fox Rothschild reels in a leading Twin Cities litigator; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 06, 2016
The firm has opened a Minneapolis office after relocating two of its own partners from Chicago and Dallas and snagging three laterals from Barnes & Thornburg.
Ian Lopez : Legaltech News : May 25, 2016
With 2016 well underway, trends are shaping the way e-discovery is practiced. Experts from Norton Rose Fulbright and Shook, Hardy & Bacon elaborate on events shaping the future of e-discovery.
Jennifer Williams-Alvarez : Corporate Counsel : May 23, 2016
Will there be a similar bill in the next session? The answer depends on who you ask.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : May 23, 2016
Law firms are in an arms race over who can offer the best paternal leave policies, but at some firms, fathers aren't taking all the time offered.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 18, 2016
A half-dozen big firms shuffled practice leaders within the past week; Skadden snags a high-profile arbitration expert in Hong Kong; the founding partner of Weil's Rhode Island office departs; and other notable laterals from throughout The Am Law 200.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : May 17, 2016
Seth Waxman, meet your new neighbor, Seth Waxman.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 08, 2016
Plenty of familiar names from The Am Law 200 and Global 100 appeared in an early version of a searchable online database drawn from the leaked files of offshore firm Mossack Fonseca.
Celia Ampel : Daily Business Review : May 05, 2016
A state appellate court dismisses a lawsuit over media rights to Argentinian soccer association games, finding the government of Argentina is an indispensable party and can't be sued.
Chris Johnson : The Am Law Daily : May 05, 2016
Magic Circle firm Allen & Overy has bolstered its Australia practice with the hire of a three-lawyer securities team from the soon-to-be-shuttered Sydney office of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : May 02, 2016
A look at some of the most notable lateral litigator moves in April.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 27, 2016
The Philadelphia-based firm bolts on smaller wealth management shops in California and Florida; Jenner & Block rebuilds its government contracts group; Sidley Austin hires MoFo's ERISA head; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The Am Law Daily : April 20, 2016
Before The American Lawyer's complete annual Am Law 100 report is released on April 25, take a peek at preliminary reporting on law firm financials from The Am Law Daily and its regional affiliates.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : April 19, 2016
Therium is hoping a trio of former Am Law 100 lawyers can stake its claim to the U.S. litigation finance market.
: The National Law Journal : April 11, 2016
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 11, 2016
Holland & Knight keeps hiring; Kirkland picks up one from Paul Weiss; Proskauer Rose reels in some heavy-hitters; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
SCOTT FLAHERTY : The Connecticut Law Tribune : April 08, 2016
Wesport attorney Kristan Peters-Hamlin, who previously received a seven-year suspension in New York based on misconduct during a trade secrets case, has been disbarred in Maryland following a related disciplinary proceeding.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : April 08, 2016
Vanity Fair-like portraits. Profiles that convey spark and personality. Throughout The Am Law 200, firms are remaking their sites—to the tune of $200,000 to more than $1 million.
Katelyn Polantz : Legal Times : March 31, 2016
Bracewell cuts the ribbon on a new Washington office, details from the D.C. Madam could resurface in court, and a look at Justice Clarence Thomas' desk: This is a round-up of legal industry news from ALM and other outlets.
Lisa Shuchman : Corporate Counsel : March 30, 2016
The Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit will not force the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to publish the trademark application filed by Simon Tam, founder of the Asian-American rock band The Slants.
Mike Scarcella : Legal Times : March 30, 2016
Hackers targeted major Am Law 100 firms in a cyber attack. One Republican Senator opens a door to Merrick Garland. And the Supreme Court's tie vote in the public-sector unions case highlights, in the most clear terms yet, the impact of the death of Justice Antonin Scalia. This is a roundup from ALM and other publications.
Caroline Sweeney, Dorsey & Whitney : Legaltech News : March 30, 2016
Aligning compliance, privacy, security and e-discovery practices can lower risk.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : March 29, 2016
Kristan Peters-Hamlin, a former Dorsey & Whitney partner who has dealt with a recurring disciplinary issue over the past decade, has been disbarred in Maryland.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : March 28, 2016
Will Latham & Watkins' high-profile new hires in Hong Kong allow it to pull away from the pack?
C. Ryan Barber : The National Law Journal : March 24, 2016
Judge Merrick Garland is known to enjoy the outdoors. As President Barack Obama has noted, Garland and his family love to hike, ski, canoe and visit U.S. national parks. On the bench, that appreciation for the environment has shined through—and the cases where Garland ruled against the Environmental Protection Agency are few.