- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Cincinnati
- Head Count: 415
- Gross Revenues: $187,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $450,000
- Profits Per Partner: $525,000
- Year Over Year Change: 2
Dinsmore & Shohl is a Washington-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Dinsmore & Shohl has 415 attorneys and is the 107th largest firm in the United States. With $187,500,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 147th on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in DC, KY, OH, PA, TN and WV.
In the News
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 27, 2015
Five lawyers join King & Spalding, as two others depart; Haynes and Boone heads to Denver; Pillsbury Winthrop adds 10 in Texas; Latham & Watkins lures a well-pedigreed litigator and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 26, 2015
The Boston-based Am Law 100 firm announced Monday an agreement to absorb Chicago's Ungaretti & Harris, taking on roughly 100 lawyers in the Windy City.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 20, 2015
Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft and Kirkland & Ellis saw a pair of leading M&A partners depart for new roles on the business side; a former Bingham McCutchen practice leader lands at Willkie Farr; Skadden snags a leading trusts and estates lawyer; Squire Patton Boggs adds a retired Utah congressman; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : January 20, 2015
Dinsmore & Shohl announced its acquisition of West Virginia's Huddleston Bolen on Tuesday, while Clark Hill absorbed the Rayndon Law Group in Scottsdale, Ariz.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : January 20, 2015
The court rejected a bid by LabMD and its lawyers to halt an FTC administrative proceeding stemming from a 2008 breach of patients' confidential information.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : January 14, 2015
Emerson Moser has been named senior vice president, general counsel and corporate secretary, and Kurt Drake was appointed senior vice president and chief compliance officer.
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : January 05, 2015
The price of a billable hour has risen by more than 10 percent in four years, as large corporate law firms focused on their most expensive work and saved clients' money elsewhere.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : December 08, 2014
As UVA comes under fire for failing to investigate reports of sexual assault on campus, Penn State is trying to wind down a controversy of its own. DLA Piper released its ninth quarterly report on athletic integrity at the university, giving it a positive review of its progress. Meanwhile, firms such as Reed Smith, Saul Ewing, Duane Morris, Jenner & Block, along with DLA, will collect some of the $56 million—perhaps more—that Penn State now owes in legal and other fees.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 30, 2014
The world's second-largest firm by attorney head count adds two more former federal regulators to its ranks; American Apparel hires a Loeb & Loeb partner; Greenberg Traurig bags Edwards Wildman Palmer's Los Angeles partner-in-charge; Steptoe & Johnson snags an IP trio and more notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 16, 2014
Edwards Wildman Palmer and Bingham McCutchen lawyers head for the exits; Kirkland & Ellis hires again from Covington & Burling; a quick turnaround for two Quinn Emanuel litigators; government roles beckon some big firm partners and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 11, 2014
Latham & Watkins makes a major bid to become a Hollywood heavyweight by luring six high-profile media and entertainment partners from O'Melveny & Myers; Proskauer Rose loses three while Duane Morris adds two; Sidley Austin and Wilson Elser partners go in-house and more notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Katelyn Polantz : Legal Times : October 28, 2014
The NLJ looks at how the legal industry supports certain interests and people, and where lobbying horsepower could focus in the coming years. In this report, we've highlighted midterm election contributions to three powerful members of Congress.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : October 15, 2014
New Jersey homegrown firms are competing to represent the country's richest corporations in litigation matters, while outside firms with strong presences in the state are doing just as well if not better, a recent survey has shown.
: The Legal Intelligencer : September 16, 2014
Divorce attorney Brian C. Vertz, partner of family law firm Pollock Begg Komar Glasser & Vertz, was elected secretary of the Pennsylvania chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML).
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 09, 2014
The IP litigation exodus from Kirkland & Ellis continued this week as partners William Devitt and Matthew Hertko decamped for Jones Day in Chicago. The Am Law Daily has a look at those moves and more in our latest roundup of notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 29, 2014
Two more IP litigation partners leave Kirkland & Ellis, a Bingham McCutchen corporate partner goes in-house, Jones Day scores a Latin American dealmaker and Ropes & Gray grabs a high-profile private equity partner in our latest look at notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Katelyn Polantz : Legal Times : August 28, 2014
Jeff Mordock and Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Delaware Law Weekly : August 06, 2014
Intellectual property boutique Novak Druce Connolly Bove + Quigg has expanded into Philadelphia, opening the Houston-based firm's ninth office.