- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Daniels LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchalter Nemer
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dewey & LeBoeuf LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Fulbright & Jaworski LLP
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hodgson Russ LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Roetzel & Andress
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Sills Cummis & Gross P.C.
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- Designation: Cincinnati
- Head Count: 415
- Gross Revenues: $187,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $450,000
- Profits Per Partner: $525,000
- Year Over Year Change: 2
Dinsmore & Shohl is a Cincinnati, Ohio-based law firm; it merged with Woodward, Hobson & Fulton on September 1, 2009 and with Chernesky, Heyman & Kress on May 1, 2008. According to the National Law Journal's 2011 NLJ 250 rankings of firms based on size, Dinsmore & Shohl has 407 attorneys and is the 107th largest firm in the United States. In 2011 the firm ranked on The American Lawyer's Am Law 200 in 150th place with $167,000,000 in gross revenue in 2010. The firm has several offices in the United States, located in Ohio, Tennessee, West Virginia, Kentucky, and Pennsylvania. Among Dinsmore & Shohl's practice areas are corporate; first amendment and media law; intellectual property and technology; mergers and acquisitions; real estate development, leasing, and ownership; and criminal litigation.
In the News
Jeff Mordock and Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : The Legal Intelligencer : January 01, 2014
Intellectual property boutique Novak Druce Connolly Bove + Quigg has expanded into Philadelphia, opening the Houston-based firm's ninth office.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : January 02, 2014
There have been 39 law firm combinations announced for the first half of the year—matching the pace for the first two quarters of 2013, according to Altman Weil.
Jenna Greene : Legal Times : January 03, 2014
The Federal Trade Commission's data security trial against LabMD took an unexpected turn after lawyers revealed that the House Oversight Committee is investigating a key player, prompting the administrative law judge to put the proceedings on hold until June 12.
Jenna Greene : The National Law Journal : January 26, 2014
In a challenge to the Federal Trade Commission's power to go after companies for data security breaches, lawyers for medical-testing company LabMD Inc. last week called the government's allegations against it "far-reaching and ludicrous."
Jenna Greene : The National Law Journal : January 20, 2014
In a challenge to the Federal Trade Commission's power to go after companies for data security breaches, lawyers for medical-testing company LabMD Inc. called the government's allegations against it "far-reaching and ludicrous."
Lisa Hoffman : The National Law Journal : January 15, 2014
Seven general counsel describe the pivotal contributions made by the outside counsel they recruited for their blockbuster litigation wins and deals.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 09, 2014
Amid their firm's ongoing merger talks with Patton Boggs, several Squire Sanders practice leaders find new professional homes.
Zack Needles : The Legal Intelligencer : January 16, 2014
Despite talk for years that the Philadelphia region's legal market is oversaturated with firms, several out-of-state firms have entered the market over the past few years.
Zoe Tillman : The National Law Journal : January 04, 2014
An attorney suing the federal government over the 2009 mass shooting at Fort Hood, Texas, said he expects plaintiffs lawyers are paying close attention as the investigation into this week's fatal shooting at the base unfolds.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : January 04, 2014
Most of the 22 U.S. law firm combinations that legal consultancy Altman Weil tracked for the first quarter of the year were of large to midsize firms snapping up small local firms. Three of them affected firms with Atlanta offices.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 02, 2014
Legal consultancy Altman Weil has released its first-quarter law firm merger report, which notes that after a record-setting year in 2013, the pace of combinations among firms has continued in 2014, with smaller acquisitions dominating the market. Am Law 200 firms like Holland & Hart and Wilson Elser have absorbed smaller shops in Salt Lake City and San Francisco, respectively, within the past week. Meanwhile, Am Law 100 law and lobbying giant Patton Boggs is drawing interest from Dentons and Squire Sanders.
Jenna Greene : Corporate Counsel : January 01, 2014
The FTC's record draws criticism and charges that the forum is rigged.
Jenna Greene : Legal Times : January 18, 2014
With less than a month before trial, two glass makers and the Federal Trade Commission are on the verge of settling the agency's suit challenging the companies' pending $1.7 billion merger—a transaction that's involved dozens of antitrust lawyers from more than 20 firms.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : January 05, 2014
The Atlanta office of public finance boutique Peck Shaffer & Williams has joined Butler Snow, based in Jackson, Miss. Jerry Peterson, David Williams and Blake Sharpton, who is in Macon, joined Butler Snow as partners on Feb. 1. Ashton Bligh joined as an associate.
Sara Randazzo : The Am Law Daily : January 28, 2014
Dinsmore & Shohl expands its public finance capabilities with the acquisition of a 35-lawyer Cincinnati-based firm; Dorsey & Whitney loses a pair to Polsinelli; and Orrick expands in London.