- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Cincinnati
- Head Count: 575
- Gross Revenues: $195,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $440,000
- Profits Per Partner: $455,000
- Year Over Year Change: -1
Dinsmore & Shohl is a Washington-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Dinsmore & Shohl has 443 attorneys and is the 102nd largest firm in the United States. With $195,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 148th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in DC, KY, OH, PA, TN and WV.
In the News
: The National Law Journal : June 15, 2015
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 11, 2015
With the NLJ 350 inspiring law firms to size up their competitors this week, we took a look at the Am Law 200 firms that saw their legal ranks fluctuate the most through the first six months of 2015.
: The American Lawyer : May 28, 2015
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 24, 2015
A seven-partner team will open a new Frankfurt office for Reed Smith, which saw a top sports lawyer head for greener fields; Foley Hoag brings on Massachusetts' former attorney general; Cravath hires from Crowell & Moring; and more notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Lizzy McLellan : Corporate Counsel : May 01, 2015
An in-house lawyer has ethical qualms, but not much more is known.
: The Legal Intelligencer : April 28, 2015
Obermayer Rebmann Maxwell & Hippel added partner Cara A. Boyanowski to the firm's family law practice group.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : April 10, 2015
After chipping away for years at claims that Fixodent denture glue can cause neurological damage, P&G's lawyers at Weil, Gotshal & Manges put the last of the cases to rest this week.
Saranac Hale Spencer : The Legal Intelligencer : April 02, 2015
Two wage-and-hour lawsuits, one brought as a class action and the other as a collective action, are proceeding against Wal-Mart.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 29, 2015
Kirkland & Ellis loses two and hires one from Skadden; Wilmer expands in Denver; Winston & Strawn hires two more from Pillsbury and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : March 26, 2015
Cravath, Swaine & Moore; Kirkland & Ellis; Munger, Tolles & Olson; and Sullivan & Cromwell have landed lead roles on the Warren Buffett-backed $40 billion union of H.J. Heinz and Kraft Foods.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 09, 2015
Firms that saw the biggest head count losses in the past five months include Bingham McCutchen and Edwards Wildman Palmer, according to data compiled by ALM's RivalEdge. Not surprisingly, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, which absorbed 226 attorneys from Bingham McCutchen late last year, made the biggest gains.
lizzy mclellan : The Legal Intelligencer : March 06, 2015
A mostly sealed case in front of the state Supreme Court is raising questions—not just on the parties and circumstances involved—but on the ethical implications of attorney-client privilege when the client is a public charity.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : February 22, 2015
A Chicago boutique is absorbed by Greenberg Traurig; a Gibson Dunn practice leader heads out on his own; Sidley Austin and Steptoe & Johnson each add a trio; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 27, 2015
Five lawyers join King & Spalding, as two others depart; Haynes and Boone heads to Denver; Pillsbury Winthrop adds 10 in Texas; Latham & Watkins lures a well-pedigreed litigator and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 26, 2015
The Boston-based Am Law 100 firm announced Monday an agreement to absorb Chicago's Ungaretti & Harris, taking on roughly 100 lawyers in the Windy City.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 20, 2015
Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft and Kirkland & Ellis saw a pair of leading M&A partners depart for new roles on the business side; a former Bingham McCutchen practice leader lands at Willkie Farr; Skadden snags a leading trusts and estates lawyer; Squire Patton Boggs adds a retired Utah congressman; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : January 20, 2015
Dinsmore & Shohl announced its acquisition of West Virginia's Huddleston Bolen on Tuesday, while Clark Hill absorbed the Rayndon Law Group in Scottsdale, Ariz.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : January 20, 2015
The court rejected a bid by LabMD and its lawyers to halt an FTC administrative proceeding stemming from a 2008 breach of patients' confidential information.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : January 14, 2015
Emerson Moser has been named senior vice president, general counsel and corporate secretary, and Kurt Drake was appointed senior vice president and chief compliance officer.