- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Cincinnati
- Head Count: 575
- Gross Revenues: $195,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $440,000
- Profits Per Partner: $455,000
- Year Over Year Change: N/A
Dinsmore & Shohl is a Cincinnati-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Dinsmore & Shohl has 443 attorneys and is the 102nd largest firm in the United States. With $219,500,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 134th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in CA, CO, CT, DC, IL, KY, MI, OH, PA and WV.
In the News
: The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
The Second Hundred, firms 101-200 on our list of the nation's highest-grossing firms, underperformed their larger counterparts in 2015.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
Overall, the firms in the bottom half of the Am Law 200 had a rougher year than their richer counterparts.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : May 17, 2016
Bankruptcy lawyer Mark Kaufman has joined King & Spalding as a partner from Dentons.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 21, 2016
Wachtell, Skadden, Cleary Gottlieb and King & Wood Mallesons are advising on a $3.6 billion acquisition of U.S. printer maker Lexmark International Inc. by a Chinese-led consortium.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 20, 2016
A shift change at Jenner & Block; Duane Morris takes on 13 lawyers from two firms; DLA Piper partners form their own boutique; a Proskauer Rose litigator becomes CEO of a litigation financier; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Lizzy McLellan : The Legal Intelligencer : March 22, 2016
Aside from the list of top lateral hires, a number of attorneys made moves worth noting in 2015.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 21, 2016
The U.S. Department of Commerce adds a high-profile partner from Katten Muchin Rosenman; Greenberg Traurig and Holland & Knight trade hires; Winston & Strawn's arbitration co-chair departs; and other notable additions from around The Am Law 200.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : March 14, 2016
Patent reformers had high hopes for TC Heartland case, but Judge Kimberly Moore suggested the issue should be left for Congress.
: The American Lawyer : March 14, 2016
The American Lawyer invites firms to send us the names of their new partners for 2016. Please send submissions to email@example.com.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : March 09, 2016
Three mergers in one year proved to be a mixed bag for regional Am Law 200 firm Dinsmore & Shohl, which saw its gross revenue grow in 2015, while partner profits and revenue per lawyer slipped.
Staff : The American Lawyer : March 02, 2016
The lawyers are based in Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
: The Legal Intelligencer : March 01, 2016
Montgomery McCracken Walker & Rhoads partner David S. Blum is set to receive the Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law Diversity Award on Wednesday.
: The Legal Intelligencer : February 29, 2016
Each year, we at The Legal take a look back at all the lateral moves in Pennsylvania to determine the 10 most important lateral hires of the previous year.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : February 09, 2016
The firms led the way in negative and positive head count growth for the Am Law 200 over the past 14 months.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : February 09, 2016
A year after Morgan Lewis absorbed Bingham McCutchen, several lawyers from the latter find new homes; Fried Frank welcomes back an ex-partner; Jenner & Block brings on an M&A leader; and other additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Nell Gluckman : The American Lawyer : February 08, 2016
With large firms hungry for more patent litigation work, smaller IP specialty shops are hot properties.
MP McQueen : The American Lawyer : February 01, 2016
Lateral activity at Am Law 200 firms continued to flourish in 2015, our Lateral Survey shows. Are firms and potential hires doing their due diligence?
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : January 27, 2016
Having already hired a handful of litigators this week, Barnes & Thornburg dipped back into the lateral market Wednesday to snag four more partners for its IP practice from prominent Chicago-based boutique Brinks, Gilson & Lione.
: The Recorder : January 25, 2016
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : January 20, 2016
That Michael Jagodzinski's co-workers at Rhino Energy WV disliked him seems clear. But did they violate civil rights laws when they called him a "dumb Polack"?
Lisa Shuchman : Corporate Counsel : January 19, 2016
The case could decide whether so-called patent trolls continue to find the Eastern District of Texas a good place to sue patent holders.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : December 29, 2015
Pennsylvania's largest law firms were busy scooping up boutiques across the country in 2015, while out-of-state firms opened up shop in cities such as Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.
: The Legal Intelligencer : December 29, 2015
Carl N. Weiner of Hamburg, Rubin, Mullin, Maxwell & Lupin was granted membership in the College of Community Association Lawyers (CCAL) as a fellow.
: The National Law Journal : December 14, 2015
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Gina McCarthy won't be forced to testify in a Clean Air Act lawsuit, a federal appeals court ruled last week. Plus more in this week's column.