- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 2,285
- Gross Revenues: $1,275,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $560,000
- Profits Per Partner: $680,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Dentons is a London-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Dentons has 2285 attorneys and is the 6th largest firm in the United States. With $1,275,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 14th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Dentonsranked as the 19th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in AZ, CA, DC, FL, GA, IL, LA, MA, MO, NC, NJ, NY, TX and VA.
In the News
David Ruiz : The Recorder : February 05, 2016
Kirupa Pushparaj discusses the impact of the U.S. Supreme Court's 'Alice' decision on the payments company, which makes both hardware and software.
Brian Baxter and Chris Johnson : The Am Law Daily : February 03, 2016
Greenberg Traurig, an Am Law 100 firm with Miami roots known for its spectacular growth, confirmed Wednesday that it is in preliminary discussions about a potential union with U.K. firm Berwin Leighton Paisner.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : February 01, 2016
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : February 01, 2016
There's a lot for in-house counsel to consider when their companies expand globally. Here are some challenges in-house lawyers should brace for when going global.
Brian Baxter and Christine Simmons : The Am Law Daily : February 01, 2016
The latest Dickstein Shapiro defectors are hired by Holland & Knight; Jones Day adds an IP trio; Kirkland & Ellis recruits a senior SEC official; Latham & Watkins lands a high-profile lateral in Germany; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Susan Beck : The American Lawyer : February 01, 2016
Maura Grossman, a Wachtell lawyer, developed a better way to do e-discovery. Why are so few other firms taking a lead with tech?
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : February 01, 2016
Jones Day remains a stable second and DLA Piper and Morgan Lewis are moving up, according to a survey of general counsel by Acritas Research.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : January 29, 2016
Laura Gibson leaves Ogden Broocks & Hall to become a partner in Dentons in Houston.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 27, 2016
Paul Hastings and Kirkland & Ellis and several other big firms make key additions in Texas; Greenberg Traurig, Orrick and Sidley Austin keep hiring; Wilson Sonsini welcomes back a favorite son; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : January 26, 2016
The megafirm has set its sights on oil and mining-rich Angola through a new local alliance.
Susan Beck : The Am Law Daily : January 25, 2016
Rudolph Giuliani's comments last February that President Barack Obama doesn't love America prompted some Bracewell clients to complain to the firm, partners said.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : January 22, 2016
Baker & Hostetler has named Joann Gallagher Jones the new managing partner for its Atlanta office, succeeding Chris Arena.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 21, 2016
Besides allying with Rudy Giuliani in an election year, Greenberg Traurig has hired several other notable partners this month; Orrick opens in Houston; Paul Weiss litigators start their own boutique; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Angela Neville : Texas Lawyer : January 20, 2016
XTO Energy recently sued the U.S. Department of Justice in federal court seeking to have the agency turn over documents from its federal case involving environmental charges against it so it can use the documents in a separate environmental criminal case brought against it by the state of Pennsylvania. i
Vivia Chen : The Careerist : January 20, 2016
New study finds that difficult interviews yield higher employee satisfaction.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : January 19, 2016
Charlotte-based Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein has opened a four-lawyer Atlanta office, its first outside of the Carolinas.
Tom McParland : Delaware Business Court Insider : January 13, 2016
A U.S. bankruptcy judge last week ruled the steering committee's move to recover all professional fees incurred by the Las Vegas entities in Tropicana Entertainment's Chapter 11 case was inconsistent with plans submitted by both debtor groups and confirmed by the court.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : January 13, 2016
Five years after Reed Smith's Stewart Dolin stepped in front of an oncoming train, his widow moved closer to trial in a case accusing GlaxoSmithKline of hiding the suicide risks of its antidepressant Paxil.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 13, 2016
Dentons keeps expanding, but one lawyer in Chicago seeks a higher power; Clark Hill merges in the Windy City; Wilson Elser expands in two states; Orrick makes a handful of key hires; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 13, 2016
Arnold & Porter, Covington & Burling, Dentons, Latham & Watkins and Munger, Tolles & Olson have landed roles on a deal that will return the National Football League to Los Angeles after a 21-year hiatus.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : January 12, 2016
Back in 1979, Mary Ann Hynes became the first female general counsel of a Fortune 500 company. Now, she's leaving big law for the Archdiocese of Chicago, which on Jan. 8 named her its new GC.
Randy Evans and Shari Klevens : The Recorder : January 12, 2016
Appropriate documentation can help multiple parties communicate without waiving privileges or immunities.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : January 07, 2016
Another year, another international move for Dentons. The global legal giant brought on a 45-lawyer banking and finance team from regional British firm Matthew Arnold & Baldwin. The new additions had been expected for several months.
Katelyn Polantz : Legal Times : January 07, 2016
TransCanada Keystone Pipeline sues the feds, while Alabama and the American Bar Association take strong positions on same-sex marriage licenses and immigrant deportation raids, respectively. This is a round-up of news from ALM and other outlets.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : January 07, 2016
With record-breaking M&A volume pushing past the $5 trillion mark in 2015, it's no surprise that deal-hungry Am Law 100 firms wasted little time scooping up market share to start 2016.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : January 06, 2016
A look back, and ahead, from legal consultancy Altman Weil.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : January 06, 2016
Corrected: Baker Donelson has started off the New Year on a hiring spree.
Rebekah Mintzer : Corporate Counsel : December 31, 2015
As he looks back on his career, Rick Palmore talks about his current and past jobs, as well as his continuing work for diversity.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : December 30, 2015
Armstrong Teasdale, Bryan Cave, Husch Blackwell, Lathrop & Gage, Polsinelli and Stinson Leonard Street—a half-dozen Am Law 200 firms with Missouri roots—are hiring for the holidays.
Recorder Editors : The Recorder : December 30, 2015
You wanted pointers for landing new jobs, making career decisions and handling tough interview questions.