- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 2,285
- Gross Revenues: $1,275,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $560,000
- Profits Per Partner: $680,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Dentons is a London-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Dentons has 2285 attorneys and is the 6th largest firm in the United States. With $1,275,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 14th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Dentonsranked as the 18th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in AZ, CA, DC, FL, GA, IL, LA, MA, MO, NC, NJ, NY, TX and VA.
In the News
Alyson M. Palmer : Daily Report : September 02, 2015
Gov. Nathan Deal's Judicial Nominating Commission reported Wednesday that it had received more than 200 names for three new seats on the Georgia Court of Appeals.
Erin E. Harrison : Legaltech News : September 01, 2015
Law firms are going through a massive shift and, must to adjust their cultures and behaviors and align their products and services with the needs of general counsel.
Zach Warren : Legaltech News : September 01, 2015
Kyla Moran of IBM said during an ILTACON 2015 panel that the legal industry is poised for rapid development through cognitive technology.
: The National Law Journal : August 31, 2015
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
: Texas Lawyer : August 28, 2015
Glenn A. Ballard Jr. has joined Dentons as managing partner of the firm's Houston office and a member of the litigation and dispute practice.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : August 28, 2015
Dentons argued that its status as a Swiss verein should have insulated the firm from a former client's conflict claims. A judge wasn't convinced.
Katheryn Hayes Tucker : Daily Report : August 27, 2015
Last week's news that Jason Carter will take a greater role with the Carter Center as his grandfather, former President Jimmy Carter, receives cancer treatment has created a misimpression that the younger Carter would like to correct.
Jonathan Ringel : Daily Report : August 26, 2015
As Chinese markets continue to suffer, attention at Dentons—which absorbed the 310-lawyer, Atlanta-based McKenna Long & Aldridge last month—is focused on a deal with a huge Chinese firm.
: New York Law Journal : August 25, 2015
Among other announcements, commercial banking attorney Christopher Palmer has been named managing partner of Garden City-based Cullen and Dykman.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : August 25, 2015
Markus Blenntoft moves over from the recently closed office of Dentons.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 25, 2015
K&L Gates offsets a series of partner departures with hires in Dallas and Asia; Ashurst brings back a private equity pro from Skadden; Boies Schiller bags one from Cravath; a McKenna Long founder decamps; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Susan Beck : The Am Law Daily : August 25, 2015
Dentons global chairman Joe Andrew and global CEO Elliott Portnoy said market unrest can sometimes be good for business.
Susan Beck : The Am Law Daily : August 24, 2015
China's stock tumble, with its nerve-rattling aftershocks in the U.S., may cause law firms to further scrutinize their strategy in Asia.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : August 20, 2015
Citing client conflicts, Clay Long, one of the founders of McKenna Long & Aldridge, has started a solo practice rather than join Dentons, which swallowed his former firm last month.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 19, 2015
Two top data privacy and security partners leave McDermott Will & Emery for Ropes & Gray; Latham & Watkins hires again from Clifford Chance in Germany; and more notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : August 18, 2015
BAY Mediation & Arbitration Services has been on a summer hiring spree, adding five experienced Atlanta lawyers to its roster of neutrals: Tom Sampson and T. "Woody" Sampson II of Thomas Kennedy Sampson & Tompkins, T. Bart Gary of Freeman Mathis & Gary, C.G. "Sonny" Jester Jr. of Gleeds USA, and Chris Simon, who has a plaintiffs firm and is director of business development for CoCounselor.
: The National Law Journal : August 17, 2015
A roundup of Washington, D.C. lateral moves and promotions.
C. Matthew Schulz and James D. Levine : Corporate Counsel : August 17, 2015
Here are some tips for getting around limits on skilled worker immigration. Donald Trump might even go for these.
: The National Law Journal : August 17, 2015
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Chris DiMarco : Legaltech News : August 17, 2015
While the MQ report by no means constitutes a complete view of the players in the industry, LTN's resulting conversations point to trends of which many industry observers have also taken note.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : August 16, 2015
With Mavrakakis Law Group's decision to return to Big Law, Haynes and Boone picked up eight boutique patent litigators and a new Chicago office packed with Kirkland & Ellis alums.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : August 14, 2015
Glenn Ballard, a former head of the trial section at Bracewell & Giuliani, will join Dentons on Aug. 17 as managing partner of the Houston office.
Cheryl Miller : The Recorder : August 14, 2015
Emails surfaced by the search giant show relationsihp between partner hired by Microsoft and the Mississippi AG probing Google's practices.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : August 14, 2015
You may not be replaced with an intelligent robot, but be prepared to work with one.
Kenneth E. Jones : Legaltech News : August 13, 2015
Staying dialed in with your clients so that you know what they need and you think like they think is a surefire way to raise your effectiveness.
Alyson M. Palmer : Daily Report : August 12, 2015
Gov. Nathan Deal's Judicial Nominating Commission is gathering names of candidates to fill three new judgeships on the Georgia Court of Appeals, according to a notice sent Wednesday from the State Bar of Georgia.
Erin E. Harrison : Legaltech News : August 12, 2015
NextLaw Labs signs ROSS Intelligence, a startup developing a legal advisor app powered by IBM Watson.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : August 11, 2015
Manatt loses another partner to Sidley in Los Angeles; Debevoise makes do with a pair of IP departures; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The Recorder : August 10, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 09, 2015
Eight lawyers are leaving DLA Piper's outpost in Sacramento for King & Spalding; Weil, Gotshal & Manges loses two structured finance partners; more partnership changes at K&L Gates; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.