- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 615
- Gross Revenues: $710,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,155,000
- Profits Per Partner: $2,380,000
- Year Over Year Change: 1
Debevoise & Plimpton is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Debevoise & Plimpton has 615 attorneys and is the 65th largest firm in the United States. With $710,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 41st on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Debevoise & Plimpton ranked as the 50th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC and NY.
In the News
Sue Reisinger : Corporate Counsel : September 01, 2015
The big banks have paid billions in penalties. But will the fines set them straight?
Sue Reisinger : Corporate Counsel : September 01, 2015
The institutions have paid billions in penalties. Critics wonder if the levies will set them straight.
: Corporate Counsel : September 01, 2015
: The American Lawyer : August 24, 2015
: New York Law Journal : August 21, 2015
The New York Law Journal announces the 2015 honorees for Lawyers Who Lead by Example in three categories: Lifetime Achievement, Public Service and Pro Bono. The attorneys will be featured in a special section and honored at a dinner on Oct. 14.
Andrew Denney : New York Law Journal : August 20, 2015
Melanie Leslie, the new dean of Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, didn't move to New York City more than 30 years ago to become a lawyer—unless she was playing one on TV. But after several years of trying to make it in show business, Leslie realized she wanted devote her time to something that was more intellectually stimulating.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : August 19, 2015
Law firms now have access to a platform that allows them to share data on cybersecurity threats anonymously. Several chief information officers and data security directors said they expected wide participation, although they expressed some reservations.
Nell Gluckman : The American Lawyer : August 17, 2015
From the judge to the defendants to the lead attorneys on both sides, the Dewey & LeBoeuf fraud trial has been dominated by seasoned lawyers, and entirely by men. But the criminal trial has plunged four early to mid-career attorneys on the defense teams—all women—into the thick of a once-in-a-lifetime case.
Erin E. Harrison : Legaltech News : August 14, 2015
Considering 80 of the 100 biggest law firms have been hacked since 2011, it stands to reason yours could be next.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : August 14, 2015
For the associates helping to defend Dewey & LeBoeuf's former leaders, the ongoing Dewey criminal trial has been an eye-opener.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : August 13, 2015
Google turns to its longtime M&A counsel at Cleary Gottlieb to create a new holding company for the search giant, plus a rundown of this week's other megadeals and the law firms scrambling to keep them on track.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : August 10, 2015
The latest Arbitration Scorecard finds only seven—out of 128—billion-dollar disputes that are being heard in Asia. But Asian arbitral institutes in Singapore, Hong Kong, China and beyond see no shortage of smaller cases.
Joel Stashenko : New York Law Journal : August 07, 2015
A defamation suit against Syracuse University basketball coach Jim Boeheim stemming from accusations that his long-time assistant Bernie Fine molested two ball boys has been settled, the parties announced Thursday.
Jasmine Grays : New York Law Journal : August 06, 2015
Israel's Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. is purchasing Dublin-based Allergan PLC's generic pharmaceuticals business for $40.5 billion, in what Israeli analysts called the largest-ever acquisition by an Israeli company.
Jenna Greene : Corporate Counsel : August 01, 2015
A high-profile senator lets the world know that she's disappointed with a high-profile chairwoman.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 31, 2015
The managing partner of Sullivan & Cromwell's M&A group stepped in for Kirkland & Ellis on Teva Pharmaceutical Industries' hostile bid for Mylan and subsequently picked up work on the Israeli drugmaker's $40.5 billion buy of Allergan's generics business.
Rebekah Mintzer : Corporate Counsel : July 30, 2015
The rise of Mary Jo White as the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's boss has created some changing dynamics and led to questions about what's coming next.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 30, 2015
A bevy of transactions in the pharmaceutical industry and industrial sector in Europe helped make the past week a big one for M&A, with more than a dozen billion-dollar deals being announced.
Jim Schroeder : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Paul Hastings keeps its top spot in The American Lawyer's latest survey of the best of the best in Big Law.
David Bario, Susan Beck, Scott Flaherty, Marissa Kendall and Rebekah Mintzer : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
U.S. v. Rainey; Davies v. Broadcom; In the matter of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts; ACE Securities v. DB Structured Products; Cook v. Rockwell; Capitol Records v. Sirius XM; Gold v. Anthem
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Debevoise & Plimpton is advising the target, New York Stock Exchange-listed StanCorp, on the deal.
Kim Kleman, editor-in-chief : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
The overall scores in our yearly A-List survey keep rising. But even among A-Listers, there's room to improve.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 27, 2015
Following the completion Friday of AT&T's $48.5 billion acquisition of DirecTV, The Am Law Daily caught up with AT&T's go-to antitrust lawyers.
Jim Schroeder : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Who's Up, who's down, and how so many of the same A-List winners keep managing to come back for more.
: New Jersey Law Journal : July 24, 2015
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 22, 2015
Squire Patton Boggs sees more partners depart; two more lawyers peel away from O'Melveny & Myers; another IP litigator leaves Kenyon & Kenyon; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : July 14, 2015
Acting New Jersey Attorney General John Hoffman has named a new top lieutenant and in the process shuffled around some of his highest-ranking people.
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : July 13, 2015
Eric Holder Jr.'s next two years at Covington & Burling, the firm where he worked before becoming U.S. attorney general, may be a smooth transition for one of the Obama administration's most high-profile officials turning to private practice in corporate law.
: New York Law Journal : July 06, 2015
Six law firms, along with JAMS, have announced new additions, while Debevoise & Plimpton has announced a promotion.