- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 615
- Gross Revenues: $710,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,155,000
- Profits Per Partner: $2,380,000
- Year Over Year Change: 1
Debevoise & Plimpton is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Debevoise & Plimpton has 615 attorneys and is the 65th largest firm in the United States. With $710,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 41st on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Debevoise & Plimpton ranked as the 50th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC and NY.
In the News
: New York Law Journal : July 06, 2015
Six law firms, along with JAMS, have announced new additions, while Debevoise & Plimpton has announced a promotion.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 03, 2015
M&A league tables for the first half of 2015 compiled by Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters show Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom leading the pack among legal advisers, while several other Am Law 100 firms prepare to fete the Fourth of July with some insurance-related transactional work.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : July 01, 2015
Vice Chancellor John Noble implied he was troubled by some pay decisions at Cablevision, but deferred to the company's compensation committee.
Rebecca Geiger : Global Lawyer News : July 01, 2015
In the largest recent M&A deals across Europe, which law firms got the work?
Susan Beck : The Litigation Daily : June 29, 2015
When KKR faced a groundbreaking investigation by the SEC into its allocation of expenses, it turned to someone who is familiar with the agency's views on that topic. It hired Debevoise partner Robert Kaplan, the former co-chief of the SEC's asset management unit.
Richard Acello : The National Law Journal : June 29, 2015
"I like the business side of things; I'm not a big fan of the external advisory role."
MP McQueen : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
Jenner & Block takes the top spot in our annual pro bono survey; Arnold & Porter is second.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
Nell Gluckman : New York Law Journal : June 23, 2015
Jurors at the fraud and conspiracy trial of three former Dewey & LeBoeuf executives heard vivid descriptions of some of the drama that precipitated the firm's bankruptcy in 2012.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : June 22, 2015
The ongoing testimony of Ralph Ferrara, a salaried partner and former rainmaker at Dewey & LeBoeuf, painted a picture of the firm's downfall that seemed sympathetic to the defense. Ferrara said the decision of certain key partners to leave the firm as they became aware of its grim finances contributed to its eventual bankruptcy.
Ben Bedell : New York Law Journal : June 18, 2015
The First Department last week ruled on five appeals from Manhattan's Commercial Division, upholding three and reversing two.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : June 18, 2015
Three former Dewey & LeBoeuf executives facing fraud and conspiracy charges got an unexpected lift late Thursday when a former partner glowingly extolled their work ethic and professional character. Ralph Ferrara, a veteran securities litigator, also described the lucrative payday he once received to switch firms.
Mark Hamblett : New York Law Journal : June 15, 2015
Assistant U.S. Attorney Ellen Blain asked Southern District Judge Ronnie Abrams Friday to dismiss a lawsuit claiming 25 federal agents put four Muslim men on the anti-terror No Fly List to retaliate for their unwillingness to act as informants.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 12, 2015
Rosen and Schmidt snagged roles advising the financial wizards behind Canada's state pension fund as they prepare to acquire a $12 billion chunk of GE Capital.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : June 11, 2015
The Japanese insurer moves to expand its Stateside footprint by acquiring Houston-based specialty insurance company HCC.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 11, 2015
The firm is advising Tokio Marine in its $7.5 billion insurance company buy and has unexpectedly picked up work on Teva's $40 billion bid for Mylan.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : June 04, 2015
The following deals, involving at least one Texas-based company, were announced in 2014. Sources include Texas Lawyer, The Am Law Daily, Thomson Reuters and corporate press releases.
Jenna Greene : The National Law Journal : June 02, 2015
Sen. Elizabeth Warren on Tuesday told U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Chairwoman Mary Jo White that she found her leadership "extremely disappointing."
Lisa Hoffman : The National Law Journal : June 01, 2015
Debevoise & Plimpton earned a U.S. Supreme Court reversal last year in a case so consequential that The New York Times predicted it "will shape TV's future."
: The National Law Journal : June 01, 2015
This week we recognize 15 law firms that accomplish great things in the realm of intellectual property law.
: Corporate Counsel : June 01, 2015
Karen Sloan : The National Law Journal : May 28, 2015
The University of Toledo College of Law has named Benjamin Barros as its next dean.
: The American Lawyer : May 28, 2015
MP McQueen : The American Lawyer : May 28, 2015
The percentage of minorities at large law firms hasn't changed much in seven years, our Diversity Scorecard shows.
Tania Karas : The American Lawyer : May 27, 2015
A crackdown on corruption, antitrust violations, and other corporate offenses have set alarm bells ringing in German boardrooms. Which law firms are best positioned to respond?
Susan Beck : The Litigation Daily : May 23, 2015
After wresting billions from Wall Street, the departing New York regulator is steering clear of the big law firms that cater to the banking industry. But whether he remains in private practice or shoots for public office, it's a good bet we'll all be hearing from him again.
: The National Law Journal : May 18, 2015
A federal judge has held the city of Atlanta in contempt and imposed sanctions for its failure to meet the terms of a settlement with a woman arrested by police while she filmed them arresting her neighbor. Plus more from NLJ.com and other ALM publications.
Andrew Keshner : New York Law Journal : May 18, 2015
A federal appeals court overturned a judge's decision to vacate the conviction of a broker's assistant in a securities fraud case where some of her former superiors with greater roles were ultimately conviction-free.
Andrew Denney : New York Law Journal : May 15, 2015
Melanie Leslie will become the new dean of the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, the first woman and the first Cardozo graduate to fill that role. She is currently vice dean and a law professor at Cardozo, where she has taught since 1995.
: New York Law Journal : May 13, 2015
William Matteson, a retired business and corporate law partner with Debevoise & Plimpton who at one time held the post of presiding partner, died on Saturday.