- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 615
- Gross Revenues: $757,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,230,000
- Profits Per Partner: $2,625,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Debevoise & Plimpton is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2016 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Debevoise & Plimpton has 615 attorneys and is the 68th largest firm in the United States. With $757,000,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 41st on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2015 Global 100 survey, Debevoise & Plimpton ranked as the 50th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC and NY.
In the News
: New Jersey Law Journal : July 07, 2016
Company's Disregard of Its Promise to Protect Online Privacy Actionable
: New York Law Journal : July 07, 2016
The New York Law Journal announces the 2016 honorees for Lawyers Who Lead by Example in three categories: Lifetime Achievement, Public Service and Pro Bono. The attorneys will be featured in a special section and honored at a dinner on Sept. 20.
: New York Law Journal : July 06, 2016
Among other honors and awards, the National LGBT Bar Association named several New York attorneys to its 2016 "Best Under 40" list, and the Managing Attorneys and Clerks Association elected new officers.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : July 06, 2016
Celebrity deaths and estate tax repeal efforts have a way of raising the profile of trusts and estate practices. Both of those have been in the news this year, and both highlight the fact that many top law firms turned away from those practices. But at midsized firms in New Jersey, T&E was never dead and buried, practitioners say.
lisa shuchman : Corporate Counsel : July 05, 2016
The U.S.-Cuba rapprochement adds a wrinkle to the ongoing battle.
Rebecca Geiger : Focus Europe : July 01, 2016
The law firms with roles in the largest recent M&A deals across Europe.
: The American Lawyer : July 01, 2016
Monika Gonzalez Mesa : Daily Business Review : June 29, 2016
A pledge that aims to increase the number of women in international arbitration has gained the support of hundreds of people and organizations worldwide, but the response from attorneys in South Florida and Latin America has been less enthusiastic.
Zachary Melvin : The American Lawyer : June 27, 2016
Simpson Thacher, Debevoise and other firms partner with a nonprofit to foster commerce in the South Bronx.
Susan Beck : The American Lawyer : June 27, 2016
Some 4,000 lawyers and 70 big firms helped in this effort to commute the sentences of low-level drug offenders who've served significant prison time. But relatively few inmates have been released.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : June 21, 2016
Prime partners at lockstep firms are favored targets as the firm surfs the lateral market.
Rick Kopstein, Photographer : New York Law Journal : June 20, 2016
The New York City Bar Association welcomed U.S. Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer for a conversation Thursday on "The Court and the World: American Law and the New Global Realities."
Rose Walker : Legal Week : June 20, 2016
The Magic Circle firm joins the ongoing U.S. associate pay war, announcing pay rise for first-year U.S. associates to $180,000
Anna Zhang and Frances Ivens : The Asian Lawyer : June 20, 2016
While Global firms race to match Cravath's new associate salary scale in New York and the rest of the U.S., they are more cautious when it comes to increasing salaries in Asia.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 17, 2016
From industrial chemicals to traffic cones, one of the last weeks of spring provided a plethora of transactional opportunities for dozens of Am Law 100 firms.
: New York Law Journal : June 14, 2016
Bronx Legal Services had a ceremonial ribbon cutting Friday at its consolidated office at 349 E. 149th St., named the Steven B. Telzak Center for Social Justice for the longtime attorney and former director of Legal Services NYC's Bronx chapter who died in 2010.
Frances Ivens and Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : June 14, 2016
Milbank, Kirkland, Simpson Thacher, Paul Weiss, Weil and Davis Polk have confirmed associates pay increase will include those based in Asia.
Susan Beck : The Am Law Daily : June 13, 2016
It's been nearly two years since the Legal Services Corporation first turned to the nation's largest law firms for financial support. So far just 19 firms have pledged to help.
Rick Kopstein, Photographer : New York Law Journal : June 09, 2016
The New York City Bar Association presented four assistant U.S. attorneys with its 2016 Henry L. Stimson Medals Tuesday for outstanding legal work.
: New York Law Journal : June 07, 2016
In his brief legal career, Brian Jacobs has argued an impressive roster of successful prosecutions of corruption and other criminal cases for the Southern District U.S. Attorney's Office. In October, he made the transition to Morvillo Abramowitz, where he works with clients, some of whom conceivably could find themselves on trials similar to those he prosecuted.
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : June 06, 2016
Anybody can make a pretzel, and any snack company can sell a crisp. But Pretzel Crisps? They're a thing unto themselves, Debevoise & Plimpton attorneys argued in one of their most significant intellectual property cases last year.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : June 06, 2016
A musical featuring a cast of New York lawyers and hosted by the New York American Inn of Court will use the backdrop of the well-known case to provide an ethics lesson.
: The National Law Journal : June 06, 2016
We recognize 15 law firms that set the bar in intellectual property law in 2015, scoring big wins for clients.
Rick Kopstein, Photographer : New York Law Journal : June 02, 2016
More than 200 people attended a privately sponsored celebration of outgoing Southern District Chief Judge Loretta Preska at Fordham University School of Law on Tuesday.
Roy Strom : The National Law Journal : June 02, 2016
When Jenner & Block leaders contemplated starting the private wealth practice the firm announced last week, one proponent of the idea may have helped sway them more than others: Lester Crown, the 90-year-old Chicagoan and patriarch of one of America's wealthiest families.
: Texas Lawyer : June 01, 2016
Round Rock-based Dell's pending acquisition of computer storage company EMC for an estimated $67 billion tops the list of the 10 biggest Texas deals announced in 2015.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 01, 2016
Fox Rothschild snags three from Kenyon & Kenyon; Hogan Lovells goes on a hiring spree; Latham lands an arbitration head; Sheppard Mullin raids Steptoe; Wilmer welcomes a top federal prosecutor; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Susan Beck : The American Lawyer : May 31, 2016
Inside the clubby world of the trusts and estates bar, which is making a resurgence at some firms.
Frances Ivens : Legal Week : May 25, 2016
Legal advisers' role referenced as Alibaba's $171 million acquisition of healthcare company is criticized for breaking takeover rules.
: The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016