- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Seattle
- Head Count: 485
- Gross Revenues: $318,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $655,000
- Profits Per Partner: $635,000
- Year Over Year Change: N/A
Davis Wright Tremaine is a Seattle-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2016 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Davis Wright Tremaine has 485 attorneys and is the 90th largest firm in the United States. With $318,500,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 104th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in AK, CA, DC, HI, ID, NC, NY, OR and WA.
In the News
: The Associated Press : July 01, 2016
A defamation suit against Rolling Stone magazine over its debunked article about a University of Virginia gang rape has been dismissed by Southern District Judge P. Kevin Castel, who said the lawsuit brought by three former fraternity members cited comments offered as speculation and hypothesis rather than fact.
Andrew Denney : New York Law Journal : June 03, 2016
Police properly applied the "Glomar Doctrine" in refusing to acknowledge the existence of records, requested under state Freedom of Information Law, that related to surveillance programs, a Manhattan appeals court found.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 25, 2016
Silicon Valley stalwart Fenwick & West is poised to set up shop in the Big Apple; Boies Schiller brings on two more litigators; Ropes & Gray grabs another private equity pro in London; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : May 13, 2016
Most big firm lawyers are known for taking clients to lunch, not making it. But for Jake Freed, a San Francisco-based litigation associate at Davis Wright Tremaine, starting a ramen noodle shop named after his prized pooches was a no-brainer.
: New York Law Journal : May 12, 2016
Among other announcements, Cooley has named Andy Roth, formerly with Dentons, a partner in the firm's privacy and data protection group.
Ben Bedell : New York Law Journal : May 11, 2016
The NYPD must produce reports describing radiation emitted by its "Z-backscatter" vans, used to scan vehicles or building interiors, a Manhattan appeals court ruled Tuesday, but not records relating to past deployments of the devices and other information that would "reveal criminal investigative techniques."
Mark Hamblett : New York Law Journal : May 10, 2016
"For decades, the forensic document examiner community has essentially said to courts, 'Trust us.' And many courts have," Southern District Judge Jed Rakoff said. "But that does not make what the examiners do science."
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 25, 2016
Ronald Cami heads to Davis Polk & Wardwell in Silicon Valley; Davis Wright Tremaine adds a former top federal prosecutor; another Bracewell partner departs; a new IP boutique forms inside the Beltway; and other key additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 22, 2016
Prince, the legendary singer, songwriter, producer and man of myriad other talents, died Thursday at 57. The eclectic pop icon kept a bevy of high-profile lawyers busy during the past three decades.
Katelyn Polantz : Legal Times : April 21, 2016
An ethics commission finds a resolution in its investigation of the Dickstein Shapiro-turned-Cozen O'Connor state attorneys general practice, and big-name turnover materializes at K&L Gates, Davis Wright Tremaine, the Sacramento U.S. Attorney's Office and the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia bench. This is a round-up of legal industry news from ALM and other outlets.
Zoe Tillman : The National Law Journal : April 21, 2016
In a rare public speech since his nomination to the U.S. Supreme was announced, Chief Judge Merrick Garland of the D.C. Circuit delivered remarks at the court's annual pro bono recognition breakfast. He urged lawyers to do more to close the access-to-justice gap.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 20, 2016
A shift change at Jenner & Block; Duane Morris takes on 13 lawyers from two firms; DLA Piper partners form their own boutique; a Proskauer Rose litigator becomes CEO of a litigation financier; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 11, 2016
Holland & Knight keeps hiring; Kirkland picks up one from Paul Weiss; Proskauer Rose reels in some heavy-hitters; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : March 28, 2016
Bill Gates turned to the firm that bears his father's name to buy a multimillion-dollar property in a Florida equestrian's paradise.
Celia Ampel : Daily Business Review : March 09, 2016
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit revives a defamation lawsuit, finding the newspaper's Page Six gossip items should be treated as factual statements, not opinions.
Tony Mauro : The National Law Journal : March 04, 2016
The U.S. Supreme Court has put off the arguments in a closely watched Microsoft class action until next term, in a scheduling move that may be related to the Feb. 13 death of Justice Antonin Scalia. Lawyers in Microsoft v. Baker were anticipating arguing the case in late April. "From our perspective, we wanted to argue this term. It was ready to go," said Peter Stris of Stris & Maher in Los Angeles, who represents the class action plaintiffs in the case.
Andrew Keshner : New York Law Journal : March 04, 2016
A federal appeals court affirmed a judge's decision to terminate an order that would have made the Metropolitan Transportation Authority run a pro-Israel advocacy organization's controversial advertisement on buses.
Andrew Keshner : New York Law Journal : March 02, 2016
A judge said an ultra-Orthodox Jewish man can move ahead with a defamation suit against a publication that reported on his now-dropped extortion case.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : February 24, 2016
It can raise some tricky issues.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : February 24, 2016
Niro firm's claims against the patent licensing company can't proceed after an Illinois ruling, reasoned U.S. District Judge Yvonne Gonzalez Rogers.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : February 23, 2016
After a spate of lateral departures and lackluster financial results for 2015, the newly renamed Bracewell lost its head of litigation in Seattle. The move came after Bracewell hired a New York tax partner, but saw Morgan Lewis land an oil and gas pro in Houston and D.C.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : February 10, 2016
Former Latham, Quinn Emanuel and Mintz Levin lawyer Anthony Zappin made headlines for his pro se antics in a New York divorce case. Now he wants the tabloids to pay.
Michael J. Hutter : New York Law Journal : February 03, 2016
In his Evidence column, Michael J. Hutter discusses whether a corporation and its attorneys must disclose privileged communications relevant to corporate matters to shareholder plaintiffs in actions based upon breaches by management of their fiduciary duties or other wrongdoing arising out of those matters.