- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Seattle
- Head Count: 473
- Gross Revenues: $285,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $605,000
- Profits Per Partner: $540,000
- Year Over Year Change: N/A
Davis Wright Tremaine is a Seattle-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Davis Wright Tremaine has 473 attorneys and is the 90th largest firm in the United States. With $285,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 116th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in AK, CA, DC, HI, NC, NY, OR and WA.
In the News
Jamie Schuman : Supreme Court Brief : November 24, 2015
The maker of the popular video games is asking the U.S. Supreme Court to decide whether the First Amendment protects it from lawsuits by athletes who want to be paid for the use of their likenesses.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 25, 2015
Stone Ridge Asset Management recruits a Davis Polk & Wardwell corporate partner to be its new head of legal; McKenna Long's former cybsecurity co-chair finds a new home; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Mark Hamblett : New York Law Journal : October 09, 2015
Southern District Judge Colleen McMahon said the First Amendment right of free speech requires the MTA to permit advertisements for a documentary about Muslim comedians on buses and in subway cars, regardless of its new policy to avoid controversy and litigation over political ads.
Vanessa Blum : The Recorder : October 07, 2015
The video game maker has turned to Paul Smith and a team from Jenner & Block to argue that the First Amendment protects its use of real athletes as avatars.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 22, 2015
After a few months of partner losses, K&L Gates has been on a hiring spree in September, but some firm lawyers continue to find new homes; Morgan Lewis lands a former NLRB member; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Erin E. Harrison : Legaltech News : September 21, 2015
Law firms, legal tech companies join collaborative effort to kick-start innovation in the legal industry.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : September 09, 2015
Davis Wright Tremaine has withdrawn its representation of Washington State Auditor Troy Kelley, now facing money laundering and additional tax-evasion charges after he was originally indicted earlier this year on charges related to stolen money from former business clients.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : September 04, 2015
Defense lawyers, including Davis Wright Tremaine's Joseph Addiego III, are busy fending off cases under a California law that strictly regulates subscriptions.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 03, 2015
As more partners head for the door, K&L Gates adds a Paul Hastings practice leader; Duane Morris absorbs eight lawyers from two boutiques; Kirkland & Ellis expands in Hong Kong; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The Recorder : August 31, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 26, 2015
David Quinto, one of the first partners at Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan until leaving the litigation powerhouse last year, is headed to Davis Wright Tremaine with Scott Commerson. The two Quinn Emanuel alums hope for referrals from their former colleagues.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 25, 2015
K&L Gates offsets a series of partner departures with hires in Dallas and Asia; Ashurst brings back a private equity pro from Skadden; Boies Schiller bags one from Cravath; a McKenna Long founder decamps; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Cheryl Miller : The Recorder : August 18, 2015
The company, which was fined $7.3 million, had been working with the agency to provide required data, according to lawyers for Uber subsidiary Rasier-CA, who say rival Lyft got off much lighter in a similar case.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : August 14, 2015
Atlanta lawyers at three firms, Jones Day, King & Spalding and Alston & Bird, advised clients on several major deals announced this week.
Zoe Ferguson : The American Lawyer : August 11, 2015
A few bold Am Law 200 firms are growing their own pot law practices.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : August 05, 2015
Defense attorneys for Mitsubishi failed to promptly notify the court of false testimony in a 2012 trial, according to a sanctions motion filed Tuesday.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 04, 2015
Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy brings on a Jones Day M&A duo in New York, as the firm watched two others head for the door; Morrison & Foerster adds a pair from Crowell & Moring; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 29, 2015
Avvo Inc., a Seattle-based startup and online marketplace for finding and rating lawyers, is valued at $650 million after raising $71.5 million from Technology Crossover Ventures, Coatue and Vulcan Capital.
Cheryl Miller : The Recorder : July 15, 2015
The ride-hailing company says it has provided the required data to the Public Utilities Commission and plans to appeal.
Vivia Chen : The Careerist : June 19, 2015
Forty-four firms get WILEF's seal of approval.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : June 16, 2015
The patent prosecutor, who helped start two IP boutiques, counted SanDisk as a loyal client.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 10, 2015
Ahead of its proposed combination with Dentons, more partners have left McKenna Long & Aldridge, even as the latter makes a hire of its own; Latham & Watkins lands another O'Melveny & Myers rainmaker; Nelson Mullins and Barnes & Thornburg open new offices; Delta Air Lines taps Dorsey & Whitney for a new legal chief; and more notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : June 05, 2015
While Michael Hausfeld presses for massive class action fees in California, a similar case over the use of college players' likenesses has fizzled in Tennessee.