- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 895
- Gross Revenues: $1,100,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,230,000
- Profits Per Partner: $3,305,000
- Year Over Year Change: 1
Davis Polk & Wardwell is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Davis Polk & Wardwell has 871 attorneys and is the 38th largest firm in the United States. With $1,100,000,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 23rd on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Davis Polk & Wardwell ranked as the 30th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC and NY.
In the News
Mark Hamblett : New York Law Journal : May 24, 2016
Judge Dennis Jacobs, writing for the Second Circuit, said the banks urged on appeal that LIBOR is not itself a price, but "LIBOR forms a component of the return from various LIBOR-denominated financial instruments, and the fixing of a component of price violates the antitrust laws."
Rich Acello : The National Law Journal : May 23, 2016
In Dell's acquisition of EMC, Axinn was responsible for winning regulatory approval from governments around the world.
: The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
Rick Kopstein, Photographer : New York Law Journal : May 20, 2016
Robert Fiske Jr., senior counsel at Davis Polk & Wardwell and former Southern District U.S. Attorney, received the second annual James Duane Award, given for exemplary service to the Southern District, on Tuesday.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : May 20, 2016
Latham & Watkins represents FMC Technologies in the Houston company's pending merger with French company Technip, creating a $13 billion company.
John S. Stapleton and Jason A. Levine : New Jersey Law Journal : May 20, 2016
Analysis of the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in Merrill Lynch v. Manning.
Rebecca Cohen : The Recorder : May 20, 2016
These 10 M&A lawyers are the trusted voices of the region's tech companies.
Andrew Keshner : New York Law Journal : May 19, 2016
John Kiernan, a Debevoise & Plimpton partner and the newly minted president of the New York City Bar Association, views the position as the capstone of his lengthy involvement in the bar and pro bono activities and the "greatest opportunity to play a role in the collective voice of lawyers in the legal capital of the world."
David Ruiz : The Recorder : May 19, 2016
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : May 19, 2016
A half-dozen big firms are advising on two key transactions in the embattled energy space, as a pair of oil field services companies and natural gas producers agree to combine.
: The Recorder : May 18, 2016
Latham & Watkins has taken the top honor, followed by finalists Skadden and Wilson Sonsini.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : May 15, 2016
Three months after Mylan NV once again turned to Cravath, Swaine & Moore to handle another multibillion-dollar deal, the firm is at it again for the acquisitive generic drug giant.
Frances Ivens : The Am Law Daily : May 15, 2016
Research into recent recruitment trends by international firms in London has found that they brought in over 20 percent more partners in 2015 than the year before, with total partner numbers climbing by 6 percent across the group year-on-year.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : May 12, 2016
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : May 09, 2016
The first quarter of 2016 delivered a shock to firms focused on corporate and capital markets who saw a freeze in deals. Looking ahead, several law firm leaders say the uncertainty prompted by global events and the presidential election could impact legal spend for the rest of the year.
: The National Law Journal : May 09, 2016
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Barbara Ortutay : The Associated Press : May 05, 2016
Scooping up Shrek and Kung Fu Panda in a direct bid to compete with The Walt Disney Co., New York-based NBCUniversal Inc. has agreed to acquire Glendale, California-based DreamWorks Animation in a deal valued at $3.8 billion.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : May 04, 2016
Having already grabbed a handful of key debtor's-side roles for struggling energy companies, Kirkland & Ellis added two more Chapter 11 cases to its docket this week, snagging assignments for Houston's Ultra Petroleum Corp. and Midstates Petroleum Inc.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : May 04, 2016
New York City's efforts to grow as an East Coast technology hub are being helped by Tech:NYC, a new nonprofit headed by a former Loeb & Loeb and Dentons lawyer that has two Am Law 100 alums on its board. Gunderson Dettmer is also involved with the organization.
: The American Lawyer : May 03, 2016
These awards recognize law firms for excellence in handling transatlantic matters across the key areas of corporate, finance and disputes, as well as highlighting in-house leaders and law firm innovation, commitment to pro bono and outstanding transatlantic strategy.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : May 02, 2016
After striking a deal with Chadbourne & Parke, investors are hoping for another chance to pursue claims that Proskauer Rose helped R. Allen Stanford conceal his Ponzi scheme from regulators.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 29, 2016
It's the end of an era. Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy is poised to leave New York City's financial district for midtown Manhattan, a departure that moves the Wall Street firm from the historic home of a banking icon to a new development on the West Side.
: The Recorder : April 29, 2016
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Brian Baxter : The American Lawyer : April 28, 2016
The administrative office of the U.S. Courts said Thursday that bankruptcy filings fell 8.5 percent over the past year. But one sector where Chapter 11 work hasn't dried up is the energy industry, where Kirkland & Ellis and Jones Day are siphoning off new assignments.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 28, 2016
Abbott Labs seeks to buy St. Jude Medical for $25 billion; Sanofi makes a $9.3 billion bid for Medivation; AbbVie offers $5.8 billion for Stemcentrx; and a look at the big firms behind those proposed megadeals.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 25, 2016
Kirkland & Ellis goes back a long way with the beleaguered Tribune Publishing Co., which is now eyeing an $815 million offer from Gannett Co.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Mixed signals in the financial sector and the end of recession-related litigation held profits down in New York.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 25, 2016
Ronald Cami heads to Davis Polk & Wardwell in Silicon Valley; Davis Wright Tremaine adds a former top federal prosecutor; another Bracewell partner departs; a new IP boutique forms inside the Beltway; and other key additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 21, 2016
Wachtell, Skadden, Cleary Gottlieb and King & Wood Mallesons are advising on a $3.6 billion acquisition of U.S. printer maker Lexmark International Inc. by a Chinese-led consortium.