- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 895
- Gross Revenues: $1,100,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,230,000
- Profits Per Partner: $3,305,000
- Year Over Year Change: 1
Davis Polk & Wardwell is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Davis Polk & Wardwell has 871 attorneys and is the 38th largest firm in the United States. With $1,100,000,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 23rd on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Davis Polk & Wardwell ranked as the 30th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC and NY.
In the News
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : June 24, 2016
As top transactional lawyers sought to calm nervous clients Friday after Britain's vote to leave the EU, several said that they were bracing for the possibility of a two-year drought in their most highly leveraged, profitable business: advising on cross-border M&A deals.
Frances Ivens : Legal Week : June 21, 2016
The Chinese ecommerce company will take over the Chinese online business Yihaodian and in exchange give a 5 percent stake to the American retailer.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : June 21, 2016
Prime partners at lockstep firms are favored targets as the firm surfs the lateral market.
: New York Law Journal : June 21, 2016
The Federal Bar Council presented the Thurgood Marshall award for exceptional pro bono service to Davis Polk and Wardwell associate Scott Wilcox at an event held Thursday at the Battery Gardens in Manhattan.
Stephanie Forshee : Corporate Counsel : June 20, 2016
General counsel say they don't have strong objections to the recent wave of salary increases for associates at big law firms. But they are concerned about firms raising the hourly rates for work done by associates.
Anna Zhang and Frances Ivens : The Asian Lawyer : June 20, 2016
While Global firms race to match Cravath's new associate salary scale in New York and the rest of the U.S., they are more cautious when it comes to increasing salaries in Asia.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 17, 2016
From industrial chemicals to traffic cones, one of the last weeks of spring provided a plethora of transactional opportunities for dozens of Am Law 100 firms.
James Booth and Brian Baxter : New York Law Journal : June 16, 2016
A half-dozen Am Law 100 firms have landed roles on one of the year's largest technology deals, Microsoft Corp.'s proposed $26.2 billion acquisition announced Monday of LinkedIn Corp.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : June 14, 2016
Tips ranged from better transparency to stronger management as lawyers from several Chinese firms visited with law firm leaders in New York and D.C.
Frances Ivens and Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : June 14, 2016
Milbank, Kirkland, Simpson Thacher, Paul Weiss, Weil and Davis Polk have confirmed associates pay increase will include those based in Asia.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : June 13, 2016
Davis Polk & Wardwell, Fenwick & West, Ropes & Gray, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett and Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati are advising on Symantec Corp.'s $4.65 billion buy of Blue Coat Systems Inc. from buyout giant Bain Capital LP.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : June 13, 2016
In the second installment of a two-part article, we look at partner compensation at Chinese law firms. In recent years, many firms have overhauled their compensation systems, trying to balance growth with integration.
: New York Law Journal : June 07, 2016
As a Fordham University professor, Elizabeth Cosenza not only teaches about the law and ethics, but also is exploring issues that could reform corporate governance and better define who should be held accountable for securities fraud.
: New York Law Journal : June 07, 2016
Kimberly Zelnick is a partner at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and a founding member of the firm's complex litigation and white-collar practice in the United States. Through her leadership, the U.S. litigation group has grown to more than 100 attorneys from less than a half dozen.
Frances Ivens : Legal Week : June 06, 2016
Fujian-based Thaihot Group is acquiring Dah Sing Banking Group's Hong Kong and Macau life insurance business.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 02, 2016
The Lone Star State firms are working with two other Am Law 100 firms in advising on Great Plains Energy Inc.'s $12.2 billion buy of Westar Energy Inc., the latest sign of consolidation in the utilities sector.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : June 02, 2016
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
: Texas Lawyer : June 01, 2016
Round Rock-based Dell's pending acquisition of computer storage company EMC for an estimated $67 billion tops the list of the 10 biggest Texas deals announced in 2015.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : May 31, 2016
A month after a settlement smoothed the way for Argentina's return to the global capital markets, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton and Davis Polk & Wardwell led the way on a $280.5 million initial public offering by a Buenos Aires-based bank.
Mark Hamblett : New York Law Journal : May 24, 2016
Judge Dennis Jacobs, writing for the Second Circuit, said the banks urged on appeal that LIBOR is not itself a price, but "LIBOR forms a component of the return from various LIBOR-denominated financial instruments, and the fixing of a component of price violates the antitrust laws."
Rich Acello : The National Law Journal : May 23, 2016
In Dell's acquisition of EMC, Axinn was responsible for winning regulatory approval from governments around the world.
: The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
Rick Kopstein, Photographer : New York Law Journal : May 20, 2016
Robert Fiske Jr., senior counsel at Davis Polk & Wardwell and former Southern District U.S. Attorney, received the second annual James Duane Award, given for exemplary service to the Southern District, on Tuesday.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : May 20, 2016
Latham & Watkins represents FMC Technologies in the Houston company's pending merger with French company Technip, creating a $13 billion company.
John S. Stapleton and Jason A. Levine : New Jersey Law Journal : May 20, 2016
Analysis of the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in Merrill Lynch v. Manning.
Rebecca Cohen : The Recorder : May 20, 2016
These 10 M&A lawyers are the trusted voices of the region's tech companies.
Andrew Keshner : New York Law Journal : May 19, 2016
John Kiernan, a Debevoise & Plimpton partner and the newly minted president of the New York City Bar Association, views the position as the capstone of his lengthy involvement in the bar and pro bono activities and the "greatest opportunity to play a role in the collective voice of lawyers in the legal capital of the world."
David Ruiz : The Recorder : May 19, 2016
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : May 19, 2016
A half-dozen big firms are advising on two key transactions in the embattled energy space, as a pair of oil field services companies and natural gas producers agree to combine.
: The Recorder : May 18, 2016
Latham & Watkins has taken the top honor, followed by finalists Skadden and Wilson Sonsini.