- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 810
- Gross Revenues: $975,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,205,000
- Profits Per Partner: $2,940,000
- Year Over Year Change: -3
Davis Polk & Wardwell is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Davis Polk & Wardwell has 810 attorneys and is the 39th largest firm in the United States. With $975,000,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 25th on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Davis Polk & Wardwell ranked as the 32nd highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC and NY.
In the News
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : March 27, 2015
Barshay, a corporate partner at Cravath, led a team from the firm advising H.J. Heinz on its proposed megamerger with Kraft Foods Group.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : March 26, 2015
Cravath, Swaine & Moore; Kirkland & Ellis; Munger, Tolles & Olson; and Sullivan & Cromwell have landed lead roles on the Warren Buffett-backed $40 billion union of H.J. Heinz and Kraft Foods.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : March 26, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : March 26, 2015
Two of the country's largest food companies have agreed to merge in a deal put into place with the help of dozens of lawyers across four law firms.
: The Asian Lawyer : March 23, 2015
Tim Gardner has left Latham & Watkins after nearly nine years to join U.S. rival Weil, Gotshal & Manges.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : March 19, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : March 17, 2015
Proskauer Rose was dealt a setback in January in its long-running battle against a former client when a Manhattan judge dismissed its fraud suit against the company's executives. This month, the same judge limited the firm's discovery in a related case in which it is the defendant.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : March 15, 2015
Lawyers at Hausfeld LLP and Scott & Scott announced the $135 million settlement on Friday. Ten other major banks remain in the plaintiffs' sights for allegedly manipulating the $5 trillion-a-day forex market.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : March 13, 2015
The arrival of capital markets specialist David Ludwick will create a four-partner team advising on U.S. law matters at the Magic Circle rival.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : March 13, 2015
The top New York-centered firms outperformed their rivals in 2014. Revenue grew an average of 4.5 percent at 17 top firms based in the Big Apple, while profits per partner rose 5.6 percent, according to reporting by The American Lawyer.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : March 12, 2015
At least a dozen Am Law 200 and Magic Circle firms have attained a certification called ISO 27001 to demonstrate they're taking steps toward protecting their documents and communication systems from security breaches, and at least 21 more are in the process of seeking the certification. But even those measures are not enough for some of their biggest bank clients, which demand even tougher standards to guard against cyberattacks.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : March 12, 2015
Our latest roundup of transactions sees Sullivan & Cromwell, Skadden, Freshfields and Davis Polk take the lead for companies in the analytics, entertainment and pharmaceutical sectors.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : March 12, 2015
: New York Law Journal : March 09, 2015
Appointments and honors announced by New York Law School, Vera Institute of Justice, Sanctuary for Families, UJA-Federation of New York, and more.
: New Jersey Law Journal : March 06, 2015
David Ruiz : The Recorder : March 06, 2015
Late stage funding at high valuations may account for thin pipeline and explain 2015's kind-of-slow start.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : March 05, 2015
Big Pharma tops our latest roundup of deals worth $1 billion or more, with AbbVie Inc. agreeing to purchase cancer-drug maker Pharmacyclics Inc. for $21 billion. Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom advised on the most number of billion-dollar deals this week, with four, while Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz led the way by transaction value.
: The Asian Lawyer : March 04, 2015
On Tuesday night, The Asian Lawyer held its second annual Asia Legal Awards, celebrating the region's top law firms. As promised, here's the list of lucky winners.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 03, 2015
Patterson Belknap and Shearman & Sterling lose a pair of IP practice leaders; Cadwalader rebuilds in Houston; more Bingham McCutchen refugees find new homes; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
: Daily Business Review : March 02, 2015
: Daily Business Review : March 02, 2015
: Corporate Counsel : March 01, 2015
: New York Law Journal : February 27, 2015
Seven firms announce new additions.
: The American Lawyer : February 26, 2015
Shire / NPS; HeidelbergCement Asset Sale; Shake Shack IPO; Marlin / NuDevco / Azure; Facebook / Wit.ai / Quickfire; OnCore/ Tekmira
David Bario, Jenna Greene, Scott Flaherty, Mark Hamblett, Rebekah Mintzer, and Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : February 26, 2015
U.S. v. Standard & Poor's; Fjarde AP-Fonden v. Morgan Stanley; In re Bear Stearns Mortgage Pass-Through Litigation; In Re Freeport-McMoRan Derivative Litigation
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : February 25, 2015
One of India's largest banks has sold stock on the country's domestic exchanges and in the U.S. to fund future growth and boost its capital reserves.
Karen Sloan : The National Law Journal : February 24, 2015
The 50 law schools that send the most graduates into associate jobs at the country's largest law firms have something in common—each stands among the Top 100 law schools in the country, as ranked by U.S. News and World Report. With one notable exception: Howard University School of Law.
Karen Sloan : The National Law Journal : February 23, 2015
A larger proportion of a smaller graduating class landed jobs at big firms.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : February 20, 2015
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom's Mulaney and Hatchard led the way for Broomfield, Colorado-based Ball Corp. in its $6.8 billion acquisition of fellow can maker Rexam PLC.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : February 19, 2015
Ball Corp.'s acquisition of fellow can maker Rexum PLC tops our latest roundup of deals worth $1 billion or more, with Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom advising on the most number of deals.