- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Washington
- Head Count: 464
- Gross Revenues: $359,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $775,000
- Profits Per Partner: $930,000
- Year Over Year Change: -3
Crowell & Moring is a Washington-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Crowell & Moring has 464 attorneys and is the 92nd largest firm in the United States. With $359,000,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 86th on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in AK, CA, DC, London, NY and WY.
In the News
Jennifer R. Devery and Rachel Gart : LJN's Product Liability Law & Strategy : October 15, 2014
After companies are bought, sold and merged, insurers are routinely presented with claims from companies with no apparent connection to the insured named in the policy.
: The National Law Journal : October 13, 2014
The following cases were recently filed in the local district courts. This information is provided by the district courts' official online bulletin boards.
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : October 13, 2014
First-year associates in the largest U.S. law firms in major cities have come to expect base salaries of $160,000, but many find themselves falling short of that benchmark.
: New Jersey Law Journal : October 08, 2014
Chart tracking In-House Counsel at Large Public Companies.
: New Jersey Law Journal : October 03, 2014
Notice to the bar.
Karen Sloan : The National Law Journal : September 29, 2014
The OnRamp Fellowship, which places women who have been out of the profession for at least three years into one-year positions paying $125,000 at large firms, represents a small step toward changing the perception that major law firms are not places where women or minorities thrive.
Jennifer Genova, Lisa Hoffman, and Marlisse Silver Sweeney : New Jersey Law Journal : September 26, 2014
After years of litigation, Occidential Chemical Co. has agreed to pay the state of New Jersey $190 million to atone for the dumping of hazardous materials into the Passaic River through the 1960s and 1970s.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : September 25, 2014
The Federal Trade Commission will be checking "Made in America" claims, and checking them twice.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : September 25, 2014
The university hires away a Department of Agriculture lawyer to head its legal team.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 25, 2014
Richard Smith, head of regulatory and government investigations at Norton Rose Fulbright, has been hired by the National Football League Players Association for its investigation of the league's indefinite suspension of former Baltimore Ravens star Ray Rice, who himself has retained former Crowell & Moring litigation partner Peter Ginsberg.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : September 23, 2014
Baker Donelson is one of 15 big law firms participating in a new fellowship to give women a bridge back to practicing law after taking a hiatus to raise children.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : September 22, 2014
Eleven firms sign up, creating 50 new fellowships for women reentering the profession.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : September 19, 2014
Nixon Peabody's John Foote, who specializes in antitrust defense, recently wrapped up his first plaintiff's case for Kodak.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 17, 2014
Jorge Alers, a former head of the Latin American practice at two Am Law 100 firms and most recently general counsel for the Inter-American Development Bank, is on the lookout for potential combinations as the new CEO of Dentons' Latin American and Caribbean group. The Am Law Daily takes an in-house focused look at the latest round of notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The National Law Journal : September 15, 2014
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 09, 2014
The IP litigation exodus from Kirkland & Ellis continued this week as partners William Devitt and Matthew Hertko decamped for Jones Day in Chicago. The Am Law Daily has a look at those moves and more in our latest roundup of notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : September 08, 2014
Ten stories above Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton's staid Washington office reception room, the firm's associates brainstorm about their work, life and happiness.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 07, 2014
Baker & McKenzie, Jones Day, Norton Rose Fulbright and Squire Patton Boggs all experienced churn to their robust partnership ranks in the first week of September; a high-profile in-house lawyer joins Ballard Spahr as a Bingham McCutchen partner heads the other way; and Milbank brings on a top federal prosecutor in our latest look at notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
: New York Law Journal : August 29, 2014
Kramer Levin partner Steven Goldman has been appointed by President Obama to the advisory committee on the arts for the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, among other announcements.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 20, 2014
Cleary Gottlieb, Herbert Smith Freehills, Slaughter and May and ENSafrica are advising on a proposed demerger by BHP Billiton of several noncore assets into a new global metals and mining company, effectively unwinding part of the 2001 megadeal that created the Anglo-Australian minerals and mining giant.
Jenna Greene : The National Law Journal : August 18, 2014
As federal antitrust regulators review Comcast Corp.'s pending $45 billion purchase of Time Warner Cable Inc. and AT&T Inc.'s $49 billion deal for DirecTV LLC, competitors and public interest advocates are on the attack — and they're lawyering up with outside and in-house counsel to fight.
Katelyn Polantz : Legal Times : August 15, 2014
Venable dedicated an afternoon "ice-bucket challenge" to partner Michael Gollin as they raised money for research for the disease ALS.
Katelyn Polantz : Legal Times : August 08, 2014
Lowenstein Sandler, New Jersey's most profitable law firm, has opened a branch in Washington, an expansion made possible by moving three existing partners and hiring four insurance lawyers from Dickstein Shapiro.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : August 06, 2014
Latham & Watkins, Clifford Chance and Crowell & Moring advise on the deal, which calls for each company to kick in up to $50 million in joint funding on projects that will help integrate health care information technology with medical technology.
Vivia Chen : The Careerist : August 06, 2014
A look at the subtext behind Working Woman magazine's "50 best firms for women."
: The National Law Journal : August 04, 2014
: Corporate Counsel : August 01, 2014
Jan Wolfe : The Litigation Daily : July 29, 2014
Facing claims by both DuPont and the Justice Department that it stole secrets related to Kevlar, Kolon's lawyers say keeping the civil case on track would give prosecutors an unfair advantage.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 26, 2014
Arnold & Porter takes on a couple of attorneys from Alston & Bird; the embattled Bingham McCutchen brings on a partner and more notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : July 24, 2014
A biotechnology company in bankruptcy has brought malpractice claims against Nixon Peabody and Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo.