- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Washington
- Head Count: 441
- Gross Revenues: $363,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $825,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,035,000
- Year Over Year Change: -3
Crowell & Moring is a Washington, D.C.-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2016 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Crowell & Moring has 441 attorneys and is the 102nd largest firm in the United States. With $363,000,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 88th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in AK, CA, DC, NY and WY.
In the News
Katelyn Polantz : The Am Law Daily : June 27, 2016
Washington, D.C.-based BuckleySander told its associates that the firm's salary scale won't change, but midyear bonuses will boost most first-years' pay above $180,000.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 27, 2016
Several new recruits join Reed Smith; Latham & Watkins welcomes a former Sullivan & Cromwell partner in New York; Gibson Dunn grabs one and loses another; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
C. Ryan Barber : The National Law Journal : June 20, 2016
A settlement involving Mr. Coffee and the Consumer Product Safety Commission has revealed a growing divide over what basis exists for fining companies a certain dollar amount — and whether, for instance, some penalties are too high.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 20, 2016
Amid more departures, K&L Gates seeks to grow; Akin Gump and Reed Smith hire from Winston & Strawn; Fox Rothschild reels in a leading Twin Cities litigator; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : June 13, 2016
The firm on Monday became the first of Washington's traditional “Big Four” legal giants to announce that it will hike its base associate salaries to $180,000.
Zoe Tillman : The National Law Journal : June 02, 2016
A year and a half after the D.C. Court of Appeals heard arguments in prominent climate scientist Michael Mann's defamation suit against his critics, the court has yet to issue a ruling. The lawyers, growing impatient, have asked the trial and appeals judges in the case to take action.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : May 11, 2016
Besides leading to big breakup fees, lawyers say foiled mergers involving giants like Staples and Halliburton may be deterring other megadeals from being proposed.
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : May 10, 2016
Blank Rome's investment in Dickstein Shapiro attorneys this year helped Spencer Abraham, a former U.S. senator and Energy secretary, understand the firm's approach to Washington. Abraham and his long-time colleague Joseph McMonigle will be principals at Blank Rome Government Relations.
Amanda Bronstad, Scott Flaherty and Jenna Greene : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
MetLife v. Financial Stability Oversight Council; Sanofi SA Securities Class Action; Suture Express v. Cardinal Health; In re DePuy Orthopaedics Hip Implant Product Liability Litigation
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
: The National Law Journal : April 25, 2016
The Pro Bono Institute has named Eve Runyon as its new president and CEO, following the death of the group's founder and longtime leader Esther Lardent on April 4. Plus more in this week's column.
Zoe Tillman : The National Law Journal : April 21, 2016
In a rare public speech since his nomination to the U.S. Supreme was announced, Chief Judge Merrick Garland of the D.C. Circuit delivered remarks at the court's annual pro bono recognition breakfast. He urged lawyers to do more to close the access-to-justice gap.
Zoe Tillman : The National Law Journal : April 20, 2016
U.S. District Judge Rosemary Collyer, who last month struck down the federal government's designation of insurance giant MetLife Inc. as “too big to fail,” will take senior status next month. Collyer's decision opens a third vacancy on the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia. There are nine Obama appointees on the court, which has 15 seats.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : April 18, 2016
New York lawyers are playing a multitude of roles in the campaigns of presidential candidates in preparation for the New York primary Tuesday. The level of lawyer involvement in the campaigns varies by candidate, with Hillary Clinton having the most support and infrastructure involving attorneys. Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders have less formal but still-strong ties to New York attorneys.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 13, 2016
Two longtime Am Law 100 partners start post-legal careers; Kirkland & Ellis hires in Germany; Orrick grows in Europe; Reed Smith makes moves amid merger talks; White & Case goes to Boston; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The National Law Journal : April 11, 2016
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : April 03, 2016
The move by Barshay, who advised on nearly $300 billion in M&A transactions last year, could have a big impact for both firms.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : March 19, 2016
Sullivan & Cromwell, Skadden, Mayer Brown, Crowell & Moring and a trio of leading Canadian firms are advising on TransCanada Corp.'s proposed $13 billion acquisition of Columbia Pipeline Group Inc.
: The National Law Journal : March 14, 2016
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : March 10, 2016
Lawyers from Crowell & Moring and Jones Day scored a win in a $200 million antitrust suit involving medical and surgical supplies for acute care providers.