- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 442
- Gross Revenues: $648,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,465,000
- Profits Per Partner: $3,365,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Cravath, Swaine & Moore is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Cravath, Swaine & Moore has 442 attorneys and is the 103rd largest firm in the United States. With $648,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 52nd on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Cravath, Swaine & Moore ranked as the 61st highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in NY.
In the News
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : February 04, 2016
Troutman Sanders had a blockbuster year in 2015, reporting $468.5 million in revenue, up 11 percent, and net income of $180.8 million, up 14 percent. Profit per equity partner jumped from $805,000 to $970,000—after a $55,000 increase in 2014.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : February 04, 2016
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : February 04, 2016
Simpson Thacher, Davis Polk Clifford Chance and two leading Swiss firms take the lead on the largest outbound M&A deal ever by a Chinese company; and a look at the other big firms behind the latest slate of billion-dollar transactions.
James Schroeder : The American Lawyer : February 01, 2016
Twenty-five of last year's most notable and intriguing lateral moves.
William Henderson and Christopher Zorn : The Am Law Daily : February 01, 2016
It was instead a four-person project management team. When the U.K.'s Herbert Smith Freehills hired those professional staffers amid lots of fanfare, it was a lesson to all firms about lateral hiring. Are you listening?
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : February 01, 2016
Jones Day remains a stable second and DLA Piper and Morgan Lewis are moving up, according to a survey of general counsel by Acritas Research.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 29, 2016
The two Am Law 100 firms have landed lead roles on a deal with activist investor Carl Icahn to split Xerox Corp. into two separate companies, one of which will house Xerox Legal Services.
Vivia Chen : The Careerist : January 28, 2016
Choose wisely. Otherwise, it can be a cold and lonely existence.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : January 21, 2016
After the much-awaited rebound in 2014, the mergers and acquisitions market in New Jersey stayed strong in 2015 with numerous strategic moves by corporations, the Law Journal's annual survey found.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : January 20, 2016
A team from Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom led the way in securing an appellate victory for E. I. du Pont de Nemours & Co., affirming the dismissal of a shareholder derivative lawsuit that accused current and former DuPont directors of breaching their fiduciary duty.
William Henderson and Evan Parker : The American Lawyer : January 20, 2016
They'll help you figure out where your firm needs to go and how to get there.
: New Jersey Law Journal : January 15, 2016
Chiesa Shahinian Names Managing Member. Drinker Biddle Adds Litigation Partner.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : January 14, 2016
With the Academy Awards just around the corner, a pair of billion-dollar entertainment industry deals awarded work to a handful of Am Law 200 firms and some big names in Canada.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : January 14, 2016
Facing a skeptical judge, the pair scored a welcome defense victory for Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan in a closely watched antitrust case over zinc prices.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : January 12, 2016
What's it like to see your mom portrayed on the big screen by a Hollywood megastar?
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : January 12, 2016
Formidable litigator Jennifer Selendy left Kirkland & Ellis for Quinn Emanuel, where she joins her husband Philippe.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : January 11, 2016
Cravath, Jones Day, Kirkland & Ellis, Ropes & Gray, Slaughter and May and Skadden have grabbed roles on the proposed $32 billion merger between rare disease drug makers Shire plc and Baxalta Inc.
Joel Stashenko : New York Law Journal : January 07, 2016
Bar associations in New York agree that all seven candidates for the seat on the Court of Appeals are qualified to serve, though some of the groups feel some are slightly better qualified than others.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : January 07, 2016
With record-breaking M&A volume pushing past the $5 trillion mark in 2015, it's no surprise that deal-hungry Am Law 100 firms wasted little time scooping up market share to start 2016.
Sue Reisinger : Corporate Counsel : January 05, 2016
A year-end report by Dealogic says general counsel most often turned to Goldman Sachs Group Inc. as their global financial adviser on mergers and acquisitions, and to Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom as their law firm in a record-setting year that saw the volume of deals break the $5 trillion mark for the first time.
Andrew Keshner : New York Law Journal : January 05, 2016
In an email sent Monday to fellow judges and others, Judge John Gleeson wrote, "as difficult as it is to leave the work I love and the colleagues I love, this is the right decision for me and my family."
Recorder Editors : The Recorder : December 30, 2015
You wanted pointers for landing new jobs, making career decisions and handling tough interview questions.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : December 30, 2015
Deep-pocketed litigation funders are throwing investor dollars into lawsuits, raising questions about ethics and the specter of regulation.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : December 23, 2015
Four practitioners, two appellate judges and the general counsel to the Manhattan district attorney are candidates for an associate judge seat on the New York Court of Appeals.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : December 23, 2015
Between salary hikes and bonuses, it was a good year to be an associate at Pennsylvania's large law firms.Over the course of the year, several firms announced increases to associate salaries and now bonus announcements are beginning to trickle in.
: New York Law Journal : December 22, 2015
The Commission on Judicial Nominations has released the names of seven nominees for the vacancy on the Court of Appeals created by the retirement of Associate Judge Susan Phillips Read on Aug. 24.
Rebecca Geiger : Focus Europe : December 21, 2015
In the largest recent M&A deals across Europe, which law firms got the work?
: The American Lawyer : December 21, 2015
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : December 16, 2015
Associate bonus announcements continue to roll in, with Freshfields and Clifford Chance announcing that their U.S. associates won't trail American peers. As in past years, Boies, Schiller & Flexner and Susman Godfrey marched to their own rhythms.
Angela Neville : Texas Lawyer : December 16, 2015
Dallas-based Energy Transfer Equity's (ETE) proposed $37.7 billion merger with The Williams Companies, which is based in Oklahoma, is to be reviewed by the Federal Trade Commission.