- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 472
- Gross Revenues: $666,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,410,000
- Profits Per Partner: $3,555,000
- Year Over Year Change: 2
Cravath, Swaine & Moore is an USA-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2016 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Cravath, Swaine & Moore has 472 attorneys and is the 95th largest firm in the United States. With $666,500,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 50th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2015 Global 100 survey, Cravath, Swaine & Moore ranked as the 62nd highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in NY.
In the News
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : July 11, 2016
The largest law firms in New York showed wide disparity in attorney head count growth, and gains at some firms were outweighed by deep drops at others.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : July 07, 2016
Law firm leaders surveyed by Citi Private Bank's Law Firm Group mostly reported that they expect a slight growth in demand in the second half of 2016, while realization rates are expected to remain stagnant.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 07, 2016
Those controversial deal tables are out again, with White & Case, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett, Sullivan & Cromwell and Davis Polk & Wardwell all jockeying for position as the quarterly so-called King of M&A.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : July 05, 2016
Could a merger be next for Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft?
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : July 01, 2016
Three of Atlanta's biggest firms just made the holiday weekend even better for their associates. Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton, Sutherland, Asbill & Brennan and Troutman Sanders announced Friday that they're raising starting salary in Atlanta to $155,000 and bumping it to $180,000 in New York and other major markets.
Rebecca Geiger : Focus Europe : July 01, 2016
The law firms with roles in the largest recent M&A deals across Europe.
: The American Lawyer : July 01, 2016
Lizzy McLellan : New Jersey Law Journal : June 28, 2016
The New Jersey-based firm's decision to increase starting salaries to varying levels across its markets was based on the cost of living—and eating a turkey sandwich.
Amanda Bronstad : The National Law Journal : June 27, 2016
Bay Area-based firm cites work in venture funding deals behind 26 percent rise in head count.
Brenda sapino jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : June 27, 2016
Dallas-based Thompson & Knight is the latest large Texas firm to increase base salaries for its U.S. associates.
Katelyn Polantz : The Am Law Daily : June 27, 2016
Washington, D.C.-based BuckleySander told its associates that the firm's salary scale won't change, but midyear bonuses will boost most first-years' pay above $180,000.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 27, 2016
While Friday's Brexit vote has likely cast a potential shadow over cross-border M&A activity, a number of timely billion-dollar tie-ups were announced amid the U.K.'s decision to leave the European Union.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : June 24, 2016
As top transactional lawyers sought to calm nervous clients Friday after Britain's vote to leave the EU, several said that they were bracing for the possibility of a two-year drought in their most highly leveraged, profitable business: advising on cross-border M&A deals.
Jennifer Henderson : Daily Business Review : June 24, 2016
When it comes to matching Cravath, Swaine & Moore's base salary bump for associates — which will see first-years earn $180,000 and eighth-years rake in $315,000 — firms with big Florida bases are a mixed bag, with the definition of "top of market" becoming increasingly nuanced.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : June 23, 2016
After King & Spalding announced a $20,000 pay hike last week for Atlanta associates, Alston & Bird quickly matched—but the rest of Atlanta's big firms are in no hurry to follow.
Rebecca Cohen : The Recorder : June 23, 2016
The IP boutique will pay first-years $180,000 to start.
brenda sapino jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : June 22, 2016
Dallas-based Haynes and Boone announced raises for U.S. associates effective July 1, ranging from a $180,000 starting base salary to $325,000.
Kristen Rasmussen : Corporate Counsel : June 22, 2016
Amid a wave of salary increases for associates at big law firms, midsize and regional firms are eyeing the development as a way to reinforce their long-touted message: We're in tune with the economic realities facing clients and do high-quality work for less money.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : June 21, 2016
Associate salary hikes have made their way to Atlanta with the city's two largest firms increasing compensation for its associates.
Stephanie Forshee : Corporate Counsel : June 20, 2016
General counsel say they don't have strong objections to the recent wave of salary increases for associates at big law firms. But they are concerned about firms raising the hourly rates for work done by associates.
Rose Walker : Legal Week : June 20, 2016
The Magic Circle firm joins the ongoing U.S. associate pay war, announcing pay rise for first-year U.S. associates to $180,000
Anna Zhang and Frances Ivens : The Asian Lawyer : June 20, 2016
While Global firms race to match Cravath's new associate salary scale in New York and the rest of the U.S., they are more cautious when it comes to increasing salaries in Asia.
Mark Stevens, Digital Guardian : Legaltech News : June 17, 2016
These steps will help your firm comply with increasingly complex requirements while protecting sensitive client data from cybercriminals.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : June 17, 2016
Houston-based Andrews Kurth is the latest large Texas firm to raise associate salaries to the new, higher market rate set by Cravath, Swaine & Moore.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : June 17, 2016
Some general counsel in Silicon Valley question the need for the recent wave of salary hikes for associates at leading California firms.
Lizzy McLellan : The Legal Intelligencer : June 16, 2016
Dechert has raised its associate salaries across the country, starting at $180,000 for first-year associates.According to a memo obtained by The Legal, the new salary scale will be effective July 1. It includes salary increases for each class of associates, up to $315,000 for eighth-year associates and above.
brenda sapino jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : June 15, 2016
The same week Houston-based Bracewell said it would move to the new Cravath market rate for salaries for its U.S. associates, the firm laid off a group of support staff.
: New York Law Journal : June 15, 2016
Skadden has promoted seven attorneys to counsel, while several other firms announce new additions, including Littler Mendelson, Kramer Levin and Greenberg Traurig.
Brenda Sapino jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : June 14, 2016
Following the market rate set by Cravath, Swaine & Moore, Houston-based Bracewell will raise salaries of U.S. associates on July 1.
Frances Ivens and Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : June 14, 2016
Milbank, Kirkland, Simpson Thacher, Paul Weiss, Weil and Davis Polk have confirmed associates pay increase will include those based in Asia.