- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 472
- Gross Revenues: $666,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,410,000
- Profits Per Partner: $3,555,000
- Year Over Year Change: 2
Cravath, Swaine & Moore is an USA-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Cravath, Swaine & Moore has 442 attorneys and is the 103rd largest firm in the United States. With $666,500,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 50th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Cravath, Swaine & Moore ranked as the 61st highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in NY.
In the News
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 27, 2016
Amid merger talks with a U.K. firm, Hunton & Williams added two practice leaders from Katten Muchin Rosenman; Bo Dietl's GC finds a new home; Jenner & Block launches a private wealth practice; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 25, 2016
Silicon Valley stalwart Fenwick & West is poised to set up shop in the Big Apple; Boies Schiller brings on two more litigators; Ropes & Gray grabs another private equity pro in London; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Rich Acello : The National Law Journal : May 23, 2016
In Dell's acquisition of EMC, Axinn was responsible for winning regulatory approval from governments around the world.
Nell Gluckman : The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
Law firms wake up to the reality that they are vulnerable to cybersecurity threats.
MP McQueen : The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
Our Diversity Scorecard finds that just over 15 percent of U.S. lawyers at big firms are members of a minority group.
: Daily Business Review : May 19, 2016
Andrew Smulian is coordination a project combining donations and pro bono work for the national Court Appointed Special Advocates Association.
Stephanie Forshee : Corporate Counsel : May 17, 2016
In a company with a culture of collaboration, the lawyers buy in.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : May 15, 2016
Three months after Mylan NV once again turned to Cravath, Swaine & Moore to handle another multibillion-dollar deal, the firm is at it again for the acquisitive generic drug giant.
Zach Warren : Legaltech News : May 12, 2016
Matt Todd will be tasked with expanding the company's legal operations consulting division for both legal departments and law firms.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : May 11, 2016
After $1.2 billion in settlements and a decade of litigation that swept in antitrust lawyers from more than 50 firms (seriously, did anyone NOT work on this case?), the massive air cargo price fixing litigation is coming in for a landing.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 11, 2016
A quartet of cybersecurity pros plies their wares at new firms; Blank Rome hires a former U.S. senator; Cooley adds a high-powered private equity team; Orrick adds again in Paris; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Ricci Dipshan : Legaltech News : May 10, 2016
Ed Silverstein : Legaltech News : May 09, 2016
Toronto's corporate base 'skews heavily toward Axiom's strengths in the financial services, technology, real estate, media, life sciences and CPG industries.'
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : May 05, 2016
The first week of May was kind to several Am Law 100 firms, as a handful of health care, real estate and technology deals provided a boon to corporate transactional coffers.
Brad Blickstein, Blickstein Group : Legaltech News : May 05, 2016
Law firm breaches are a wake-up call for department operations professionals.
Barbara Ortutay : The Associated Press : May 05, 2016
Scooping up Shrek and Kung Fu Panda in a direct bid to compete with The Walt Disney Co., New York-based NBCUniversal Inc. has agreed to acquire Glendale, California-based DreamWorks Animation in a deal valued at $3.8 billion.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : May 03, 2016
David Bernick, a former general counsel of tobacco giant Philip Morris International Inc., has left Dechert for Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison, which restocked its litigation group after a notable departure in January.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 29, 2016
It's the end of an era. Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy is poised to leave New York City's financial district for midtown Manhattan, a departure that moves the Wall Street firm from the historic home of a banking icon to a new development on the West Side.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 28, 2016
Abbott Labs seeks to buy St. Jude Medical for $25 billion; Sanofi makes a $9.3 billion bid for Medivation; AbbVie offers $5.8 billion for Stemcentrx; and a look at the big firms behind those proposed megadeals.
Zach Warren : Legaltech News : April 28, 2016
Amazon Web Services and Zapproved security experts presented a webcast titled 'Inside Enterprise-Class Security for the Legal Cloud.'
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : April 26, 2016
Revenue and profit growth cooled at most of the largest New York law firms in 2015 after several years of rapid growth.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : April 25, 2016
Cravath may have stepped in to help Argentina end its legal battle with bondholders, but the country turned to its longtime counsel at Cleary Gottlieb to guide its re-entry into global capital markets.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
M&A star Scott Barshay takes his practice to Paul Weiss. Does Cravath need to rethink lockstep?
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Mixed signals in the financial sector and the end of recession-related litigation held profits down in New York.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 25, 2016
Ronald Cami heads to Davis Polk & Wardwell in Silicon Valley; Davis Wright Tremaine adds a former top federal prosecutor; another Bracewell partner departs; a new IP boutique forms inside the Beltway; and other key additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Steven J. Harper : The Am Law Daily : April 22, 2016
The unheralded lesson of the recent presidential primaries may be as important as the outcome.
Hal Marcus, Recommind : Legaltech News : April 21, 2016
Data security is a key driver for migrating discovery to the cloud, but what should legal ops leaders be looking for?
Ian Lopez : Legaltech News : April 20, 2016
An ACEDS 2016 E-Discovery Conference panel discussed the dangers of not deleting useless data and provided practical tips to better information governance.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : April 18, 2016
A former IT engineer at the firm got nine years for a cyberattack in 2011. Plus: A plaintiffs lawyer files the first of several promised law firm cybersecurity class actions.