- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Philadelphia
- Head Count: 533
- Gross Revenues: $341,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $640,000
- Profits Per Partner: $745,000
- Year Over Year Change: -95
Cozen O'Connor is a Philadelphia-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2016 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Cozen O'Connor has 533 attorneys and is the 78th largest firm in the United States. With $341,500,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 95th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in CA, CO, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, KS, MN, NC, NJ, NM, NV, NY, Ontario, PA, SC, TX and WA.
In the News
Gina Passarella : Daily Business Review : July 11, 2016
Law firms with an appetite for expansion are coming to South Florida, but it's a challenging venture.
Max Mitchell : The Legal Intelligencer : July 08, 2016
The $70 million verdict a Philadelphia jury levied against Janssen Pharmaceuticals on July 1 may not survive challenges that it is excessive, but the award was a definitive win for the plaintiffs in the Risperdal mass tort litigation, attorneys who work in the pharmaceutical arena said.
Lizzy McLellan : The Legal Intelligencer : July 07, 2016
As law firms nationwide experience a record pace for mergers and acquisitions, Philadelphia-area firms have accounted for a significant share of the activity.
Barry M. Klayman and Mark E. Felger : Delaware Business Court Insider : July 06, 2016
U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Kevin J. Carey of the District of Delaware has denied a creditor's motion to dismiss the voluntary bankruptcy petition of a Delaware limited liability company filed in contravention of a provision in its operating agreement that required the unanimous consent of all members, including the creditor, to commence a bankruptcy case.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : July 05, 2016
Anchorage office head Jahna Lindemuth was profiled in The Am Law Daily last year when she helped secure the release of one of the Fairbanks Four.
Monika Gonzalez Mesa : Daily Business Review : June 17, 2016
The Zelle insurance and antitrust law firm is opening an office led by a former Cozen O'Connor partner.
Lizzy McLellan : The Legal Intelligencer : June 16, 2016
Dechert has raised its associate salaries across the country, starting at $180,000 for first-year associates.According to a memo obtained by The Legal, the new salary scale will be effective July 1. It includes salary increases for each class of associates, up to $315,000 for eighth-year associates and above.
The Legal Intelligencer : The Legal Intelligencer : June 16, 2016
Here are the 2016 Lawyers on the Fast Track.
Lizzy McLellan : The Legal Intelligencer : June 13, 2016
As large firms across the country beef up their intellectual property practices, Pennsylvania firms have played a major role in the lateral and acquisition activity, and firm leaders expect these hires and deals to continue in the near future.
Barry M. Klayman and Mark E. Felger : Delaware Business Court Insider : June 08, 2016
Recent newspaper stories recount how a billionaire Silicon Valley entrepreneur secretly financed a lawsuit to put Gawker out of business.
: The Legal Intelligencer : June 03, 2016
Alex B. Norman, associate in the Philadelphia office of Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin, was named a fellow of the American Bar Foundation.
Celia Ampel : Daily Business Review : June 03, 2016
Cozen O'Connor acquires the intellectual property boutique Feldman Gale. The founders and 13 other attorneys are making the move.
Manny D. Pokotilow : The Legal Intelligencer : June 03, 2016
The 37th annual Philadelphia Bar Association 5K Charity Run/Walk took place May 15 with 1,300 participants either running or walking the 5K course. The race annually benefits the Support Center for Child Advocates' efforts to combat child abuse and to defend its unfortunate victims in Philadelphia.
: The Legal Intelligencer : May 31, 2016
Roberta Liebenberg of Fine, Kaplan and Black was named a recipient of the Margaret Brent Women Lawyers of Achievement Award by the American Bar Association's Commission on Women in the Profession.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : May 31, 2016
It would take a long trip down Legal affiliate The American Lawyer's diversity rankings to find a Pennsylvania-based law firm, but of the 16 firms in the state that were ranked based on percentages of minority attorneys, many saw notable improvements while a handful slid further down the ranks.
: The Legal Intelligencer : May 27, 2016
Melinda deLisle joined Cozen O'Connor as the director of pro bono engagement, a new position in the firm.
Tom McParland : Delaware Law Weekly : May 27, 2016
Of the nation's 100 top-grossing law firms, 21 operate offices in Wilmington, highlighting both the prominence of Delaware's legal market and the influence national firms have been able to exert in the First State.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : May 24, 2016
Movement up the rankings by some Pennsylvania law firms and a drop off by another has left just two Keystone State firms on the Am Law 200 this year..
CHRISTIAN NOLAN : The Connecticut Law Tribune : May 20, 2016
For centuries, prestigious Yale University has been awarding honorary degrees as a way of recognizing a distinguished visitor's contributions to a specific field or to society in general.
Michael D. Goldhaber : The Am Law Daily : May 17, 2016
After taking the Saudis' best punch, the 9/11 bill passes the Senate unanimously.
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : May 16, 2016
A lack of volatility in bankruptcy lawyers' billing rates, evidenced by a collection of almost 3,000 attorney fee disclosures in bankruptcy records, have calmed practitioners.
Ben Seal : The Legal Intelligencer : May 13, 2016
Peter J. Liacouras, whose five-decade career at Temple University included stewardship of its law school into a home of experiential learning and international law, died May 12 at 85.
Barry M. Klayman and Mark E. Felger : Delaware Business Court Insider : May 11, 2016
We previously wrote about the decision by former Vice Chancellor Donald F. Parsons concerning several of its substantive holdings relating to breach of fiduciary duty claims.
Charles H. Wilson : Texas Lawyer : May 04, 2016
A review of Chief Judge Garland's recent opinions in labor and employment cases reveals a mixed bag, with the judge ruling against the employer in most cases.
Celia Ampel : Daily Business Review : May 04, 2016
Hunton & Williams lawyers say they set in motion an inquiry over 28 classified pages of documents from a report about 9/11.
: The Legal Intelligencer : May 04, 2016
Jamie L. Augustinsky joined the Philadelphia office of Rawle & Henderson.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : May 03, 2016
Pennsylvania's largest law firms had above-average financial performances in 2015, often driven by blockbuster years for their real estate practices. While real estate lawyers are still largely bullish through at least 2016, there are signs of a slowdown on the horizon, and the question now becomes how to replicate what was at times double-digit growth.
Lizzy McLellan : The Legal Intelligencer : April 29, 2016
With the launch of a new website and expansion of its partnership with a local accelerator, Cozen O'Connor is looking to grow its recognition within the startup community.
Gina Passarella and Lizzy McLellan : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Expecting a tough year, many of the state's biggest firms were pleasantly surprised.
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
The Am Law 100 eked out gains across major financial metrics in 2015. But growth was the slowest in years.