- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 1,178
- Gross Revenues: $1,250,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,060,000
- Profits Per Partner: $3,230,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton has 1178 attorneys and is the 19th largest firm in the United States. With $1,250,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 16th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton ranked as the 21st highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in DC and NY.
In the News
Marcia Coyle : Supreme Court Brief : July 29, 2015
The Boy Scouts of America announcement this week that it would end its ban on openly gay adult leaders came 15 years after the U.S. Supreme Court upheld the ban on First Amendment ground, and nearly 30 years after legal battles over the restriction began.
David Gialanella : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
In a pro bono case, a Cleary Gottlieb bankruptcy partner notches an unusual consumer fraud litigation victory.
Jim Schroeder : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Paul Hastings keeps its top spot in The American Lawyer's latest survey of the best of the best in Big Law.
Kim Kleman, editor-in-chief : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
The overall scores in our yearly A-List survey keep rising. But even among A-Listers, there's room to improve.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 27, 2015
Following the completion Friday of AT&T's $48.5 billion acquisition of DirecTV, The Am Law Daily caught up with AT&T's go-to antitrust lawyers.
Jim Schroeder : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Who's Up, who's down, and how so many of the same A-List winners keep managing to come back for more.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : July 23, 2015
Shanghai-based litigation partner Jerry Fang used to be a Hong Kong associate working on FCPA matters at the U.S. firm.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 23, 2015
Anthem's $48 billion takeover bid for Cigna and AT&T's successful $48 billion acquisition of DirecTV provided work for dozens of lawyers at Am Law 100 firms.
Michael D. Goldhaber : The Am Law Daily : July 23, 2015
The contest attracted 225 strong entries across 30 categories, and honors firms and legal departments involved in the globe's most distinguished deals, disputes and social initiatives.
: The National Law Journal : July 13, 2015
New arrivals and lateral moves in this week's column.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : July 09, 2015
When bondholders challenged a Puerto Rico debt restructuring law, their lawyers set off on a difficult quest to convince a federal judge in San Juan to invalidate the law aimed at helping the commonwealth grapple with crippling municipal debt.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 08, 2015
The Beltway base of Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld absorbs two veteran litigators; Hogan Lovells hires three Baker Botts litigators in Texas; McDermott and Pillsbury poach new partners; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : July 07, 2015
Shuang Zhao specializes in taking Chinese companies public in the U.S.
Julie Triedman : The Litigation Daily : July 07, 2015
In what is likely the leading edge of a rash of multibillion-dollar disputes involving the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the first round has gone to a group of bondholders.
Ben Bedell : New York Law Journal : July 06, 2015
A federal judge has allowed a 12-year-old suit to go forward charging that Citibank assisted a rogue foreign currency trader in covering up nearly $600 million in losses.
Vivia Chen : The Careerist : July 06, 2015
Is your firm better off without a summer associate program?
Michael D. Goldhaber : Focus Europe : July 01, 2015
The 10 biggest disputes from our 2015 survey, ranked by the amount in controversy.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : July 01, 2015
More than a dozen years after Allfirst Bank discovered $691 million fraud by foreign exchange trader John Rusnak, Citibank NA faces a potential trial in Manhattan on claims that it aided Rusnak's scheme.
Tom Brennan and Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : July 01, 2015
China National Nuclear Power IPO, 58.com/Ganji, Daiichi/Sun Pharma and more of the Asia-Pacific region's largest recent transactions.
Michael D. Goldhaber : Focus Europe : July 01, 2015
Our survey finds more billion-dollar cases than ever—and they're being heard by the same tiny club of arbitrators.
Rebecca Geiger : Global Lawyer News : July 01, 2015
In the largest recent M&A deals across Europe, which law firms got the work?
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : July 01, 2015
As the gateway to Southeast Asia, Singapore continues to be a hot spot for global law firms. To thrive in such a competitive legal market, firms need to be smart about where they invest their resources.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
Who's playing offense and defense in the U.S. government's massive anticorruption suit against officials of the international soccer organization.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : June 26, 2015
A New Jersey jury has decided that a religious organization violated the state's consumer fraud statute when it touted the efficacy of a form of therapy aimed at converting homosexuals to heterosexuals.
Madeline Farber : The Am Law Daily : June 26, 2015
After Friday's victory for same-sex marriage, the notion that gays and lesbians need to be "cured" might seem almost quaint. Not so for Jim Bromley's pro bono clients, who won a resounding jury verdict this week against a group that promised to purge their homosexuality.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 25, 2015
The Am Law 100 firm took the lead this week for clients such as The Williams Companies, Cigna and Delhaize on a trio of potential deals totaling some $124 billion in value.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : June 25, 2015
Lone Star Funds of Dallas has agreed to acquire Home Properties, of Rochester, for $7.6 billion, including assumed debt.
Tania Karas : Global Lawyer News : June 23, 2015
A new Competition Commissioner and a surge in M&A are keeping antitrust lawyers busy in the European Union's capital.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : June 19, 2015
Employers like Open Text steer disputes into arbitration at their own risk, the judge said.