- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 1,178
- Gross Revenues: $1,250,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,060,000
- Profits Per Partner: $3,230,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton has 1178 attorneys and is the 19th largest firm in the United States. With $1,250,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 16th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton ranked as the 21st highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in DC and NY.
In the News
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : February 09, 2016
Calling all company directors. You could be considered “specified employees” under the Internal Revenue Code, a label that has major ramifications for deferred compensation.
: New York Law Journal : February 03, 2016
Honors and awards presented by the New York State Bar Association and its committees and sections during the annual meeting.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : February 01, 2016
Law firms and other advisers have billed $1.6 billion as creditors fight for the bankrupt company's assets.
: The American Lawyer : February 01, 2016
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : February 01, 2016
Of 16 high-powered New York real estate lawyers videotaped in an undercover sting by Global Witness, just one outright refused to help a purported foreign official funnel illicit funds into the U.S.
Mark Hamblett : New York Law Journal : January 29, 2016
Attorneys seeking to win class certification for women prisoners who have been or fear being raped or sexually abused by corrections officers at Rikers Island have turned to a federal appeals court.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : January 28, 2016
Wachtell, Simpson Thacher, Shearman & Sterling and Cleary Gottlieb are advising on a $20 billion corporate tax inversion deal between Johnson Controls and Tyco International; and a look at the other big firms behind the latest round of billion-dollar deals.
The Asian Lawyer : The Asian Lawyer : January 25, 2016
For our third annual Asia Legal Awards, we have selected a short list of 27 categories of deals and matters from the region's leading firms and practitioners. Winners will be announced on Feb. 23 at the Four Seasons Hotel in Hong Kong.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : January 21, 2016
After the much-awaited rebound in 2014, the mergers and acquisitions market in New Jersey stayed strong in 2015 with numerous strategic moves by corporations, the Law Journal's annual survey found.
Richard Acello : The National Law Journal : January 18, 2016
Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton partner Jim Bromley led a team of attorneys to win a unanimous jury verdict over a firm that promised to convert young gay men to heterosexuality through "conversion therapy."
: The National Law Journal : January 18, 2016
“Faster, higher, stronger,” may be the Olympic creed, but it could also serve as the battle cry of the law firms on our 2016 Pro Bono Hotlist.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : January 14, 2016
As creditors fight over Nortel Networks' $7.3 billion carcass, bankruptcy lawyers are feasting on the fees.
: The National Law Journal : January 04, 2016
Lateral moves, new arrivals, and promotions in this week's columns.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : December 23, 2015
A former co-head of Allen & Overy's global corporate group has been charged in a corruption probe at Brazilian oil colossus Petrobras, while Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton has been hired by Brazilian mining giant Vale to help with a tragic dam collapse.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : December 21, 2015
The Wall Street powerhouse becomes the first law firm to chalk up more than $1 trillion in deals in one year.
Rebecca Geiger : Focus Europe : December 21, 2015
In the largest recent M&A deals across Europe, which law firms got the work?
: The American Lawyer : December 21, 2015
: The Asian Lawyer : December 21, 2015
Jennifer Henderson and Andrew Denney : New York Law Journal : December 17, 2015
Dow Chemical and DuPont are merging to form a company valued at about $130 billion as they try to counter falling commodities prices and weakness in some key markets that have pressured their giant agriculture and chemicals businesses.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : December 17, 2015
Amid megadeals poised to create DowDuPont and Newell Brands, several firms grabbed roles on a pair of transactions announced by Chinese Internet titan Alibaba Group Holding Ltd.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : December 16, 2015
The deal will see Shanghai-based China Grand Automotive buy a controlling stake in competitor Baoxin Auto.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : December 16, 2015
Several Am Law 100 firms welcome new recruits from Weil, Gotshal & Manges; Debevoise hires from Sullivan & Cromwell on Hong Kong; Fox Rothschild expands in Minneapolis; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : December 14, 2015
Allen & Overy lost two New York corporate partners in March to Paul Hastings, which used the lateral hires to set up shop this month in Brazil. Now the London-based legal giant is seeking to rebuild its stateside securities group by recruiting from Cleary Gottlieb.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : December 11, 2015
Thanks to its role in DuPont's planned merger with Dow, the firm has gained membership in the most exclusive kind of club—the kind with just one member.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : December 10, 2015
The firm hired a three-lawyer team in Frankfurt led by Clifford Chance partner André Schwanna.
Jennifer Hudson : The Am Law Daily : December 03, 2015
With last week's news that pharmaceutical giants Pfizer Inc. and Allergan plc will join together in a tax inversion valued at $160 billion, 2015 appears to be the year of the deal. The transaction brings total M&A value to $3.82 trillion for the year to date—4.3 percent higher than the record set in 2007, according to Mergermarket data.
: The American Lawyer : November 30, 2015
: New York Law Journal : November 27, 2015
Four law firms and Exiger, a corporate consulting firm, announce new hires, while other firms announce promotions.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : November 23, 2015
If 2015 is the year of the deal, Pfizer's $160 billion merger with Allergan looks like it'll be the deal of the year for a small army of M&A lawyers.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : November 22, 2015
The snack-food company's market debut is the largest this year for a privately held Chinese concern.