- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 1,178
- Gross Revenues: $1,250,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,060,000
- Profits Per Partner: $3,230,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton has 1178 attorneys and is the 19th largest firm in the United States. With $1,250,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 16th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton ranked as the 21st highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in DC and NY.
In the News
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : July 07, 2015
Shuang Zhao specializes in taking Chinese companies public in the U.S.
Julie Triedman : The Litigation Daily : July 07, 2015
In what is likely the leading edge of a rash of multibillion-dollar disputes involving the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the first round has gone to a group of bondholders.
Ben Bedell : New York Law Journal : July 06, 2015
A federal judge has allowed a 12-year-old suit to go forward charging that Citibank assisted a rogue foreign currency trader in covering up nearly $600 million in losses.
Vivia Chen : The Careerist : July 06, 2015
Is your firm better off without a summer associate program?
Michael D. Goldhaber : Focus Europe : July 01, 2015
The 10 biggest disputes from our 2015 survey, ranked by the amount in controversy.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : July 01, 2015
More than a dozen years after Allfirst Bank discovered $691 million fraud by foreign exchange trader John Rusnak, Citibank NA faces a potential trial in Manhattan on claims that it aided Rusnak's scheme.
Tom Brennan and Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : July 01, 2015
China National Nuclear Power IPO, 58.com/Ganji, Daiichi/Sun Pharma and more of the Asia-Pacific region's largest recent transactions.
Michael D. Goldhaber : Focus Europe : July 01, 2015
Our survey finds more billion-dollar cases than ever—and they're being heard by the same tiny club of arbitrators.
Rebecca Geiger : Global Lawyer News : July 01, 2015
In the largest recent M&A deals across Europe, which law firms got the work?
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : July 01, 2015
As the gateway to Southeast Asia, Singapore continues to be a hot spot for global law firms. To thrive in such a competitive legal market, firms need to be smart about where they invest their resources.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
Who's playing offense and defense in the U.S. government's massive anticorruption suit against officials of the international soccer organization.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : June 26, 2015
A New Jersey jury has decided that a religious organization violated the state's consumer fraud statute when it touted the efficacy of a form of therapy aimed at converting homosexuals to heterosexuals.
Madeline Farber : The Am Law Daily : June 26, 2015
After Friday's victory for same-sex marriage, the notion that gays and lesbians need to be "cured" might seem almost quaint. Not so for Jim Bromley's pro bono clients, who won a resounding jury verdict this week against a group that promised to purge their homosexuality.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 25, 2015
The Am Law 100 firm took the lead this week for clients such as The Williams Companies, Cigna and Delhaize on a trio of potential deals totaling some $124 billion in value.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : June 25, 2015
Lone Star Funds of Dallas has agreed to acquire Home Properties, of Rochester, for $7.6 billion, including assumed debt.
Tania Karas : Global Lawyer News : June 23, 2015
A new Competition Commissioner and a surge in M&A are keeping antitrust lawyers busy in the European Union's capital.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : June 19, 2015
Employers like Open Text steer disputes into arbitration at their own risk, the judge said.
Ann Woolner | Special to the Daily Report : Daily Report : June 17, 2015
When N. Jerold Cohen began work as chief counsel at the Internal Revenue Service, he asked staff what publications he'd need to keep up with tax law developments.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : June 16, 2015
The parent company of Chinese computer maker Lenovo is raising capital for future acquisitions.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : June 09, 2015
Prosecutors in the criminal trial of three former Dewey & LeBoeuf executives for the first time Tuesday presented evidence that sought to show that defendants lied to their bankers about how the now-defunct firm spent the money it received from lenders. Meanwhile, a former entertainment partner at the firm lost a court fight in London.
: New York Law Journal : June 04, 2015
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : June 04, 2015
The following deals, involving at least one Texas-based company, were announced in 2014. Sources include Texas Lawyer, The Am Law Daily, Thomson Reuters and corporate press releases.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : The Am Law Daily : June 04, 2015
William Burck, a former deputy counsel to President George W. Bush, is advising soccer's embattled world governing body on a massive corruption investigation initiated by the U.S. Department of Justice and the FBI. Sidley Austin has also been called in to counsel CONCACAF, while Clifford Chance, Cleary Gottlieb and Holland & Knight are lining up for individual defendants.
: New York Law Journal : June 03, 2015
Three firms announce new additions, while another three announce promotions.
Chris Johnson : The Am Law Daily : June 01, 2015
News that Linklaters is to finally modify its lockstep has raised fresh questions over the long-term future of the compensation system. But with some tinkering, lockstep may prove more durable than many think.
Tom Hays and Jennifer Peltz : The Associated Press : May 28, 2015
The leaders of soccer federations corrupted the sport for nearly a quarter century by taking $150 million in bribes and payoffs, U.S. prosecutors said Wednesday as they laid out a sweeping case involving 14 people and marquee events as the World Cup.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 26, 2015
Litigation giant Quinn Emanuel opens its first office in mainland China; Steptoe & Johnson snags four in Silicon Valley; Dentons follows up on its Newt Gingrich hire with several new additions; and other hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : May 22, 2015
Malaysia's largest independent power company held the country's biggest initial public offering in close to three years.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : May 22, 2015
Reed Smith is set to open an office in Frankfurt, Germany, on June 1 with the addition of seven lawyers from four different firms. The new location, which will focus heavily on the financial services industry, will be managed from the firm's 10-year-old Munich office.