- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Boston
- Head Count: 152
- Gross Revenues: $178,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,175,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,670,000
- Year Over Year Change: 6
Choate, Hall & Stewart is a Boston-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Choate, Hall & Stewart has 152 attorneys and is the 255th largest firm in the United States. With $178,500,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 155th on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in LA, MA, NH and TN.
In the News
: The Asian Lawyer : March 30, 2015
The U.K. private client boutique has made an unrivaled push into the region to capitalize on a fast-growing population of high-net-worth individuals in China, Singapore and other top jurisdictions.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : March 19, 2015
Nearly four years to the day after McDermott Will & Emery took on the entire private client practice of Weil, Gotshal & Manges, the former has hired Holland & Knight's international private client practice leader Leigh-Alexandra Basha in Washington, D.C. The move comes as many Am Law 200 firms have reevaluated their private client and trusts and estates practices, and as McDermott braces for some other partner departures.
Francisco Alvarado : Daily Business Review : March 10, 2015
A Miami federal judge rules insurance companies are not required to defend two pharmaceutical companies being sued by West Virginia for supplying addicts.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : March 10, 2015
Reed Smith has hired former Dechert Chief Marketing Officer Wendy W. Taylor to fill the spot left vacant last October when its longtime CMO left the firm.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 25, 2015
Two firms shuffling their COOs saw partners depart in January; DLA Piper and Kirkland & Ellis make some high-profile labor and employment hires; Quinn Emanuel grows in Houston; Wilmer raids MoFo for a new cybersecurity chair; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : December 14, 2014
Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher grabbed a senior debt finance partner from Kirkland & Ellis in London, as the latter snatches Winston & Strawn's litigation chair in Chicago; Jones Day beefs up in Miami; Sidley Austin snags six from Loeb & Loeb; a half-dozen lawyers leave firms for in-house jobs and more notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : October 31, 2014
Reed Smith has parted ways with 12 paralegals in its financial industry group in Pittsburgh in the last two weeks, with the firm acknowledging a group of paralegals went in-house to client Federated Investors.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : October 29, 2014
As American investors sniff out Canadian tech deals, a few U.S. law firms are increasingly active north of the border.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : October 29, 2014
A new wave of tech enterprises is attracting increasingly large rounds of venture capital.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 18, 2014
Another Edwards Wildman Palmer partner departs ahead of the firm's proposed merger later this year with Locke Lord; a Bingham partner heads to the FCC; Fried Frank and Kirkland & Ellis add a pair of new partners; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 14, 2014
Manatt, Phelps & Phillips adds a three-partner West Coast IP team from struggling Dickstein Shapiro; Boies Schiller loses a litigator to Barclays, but grabs Al Franken's former general counsel; Davis Polk and Willkie Farr bring back partners from public service; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The National Law Journal : October 13, 2014
New arrivals and lateral moves in this week's column.
Saranac Hale Spencer : The Legal Intelligencer : October 07, 2014
The maker of Adderall, Pennsylvania-based Shire Pharmaceuticals, has settled a whistleblower suit for $56.5 million in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 03, 2014
Gibson Dunn, Kaye Scholer and Paul Hastings all made major lateral hires in London this week by raiding their British brethren. The Am Law Daily looks at those moves and more in our latest tally of hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : October 02, 2014
Joan Lukey is leaving Ropes & Gray to join the much smaller Boston-based firm of Choate, Hall & Stewart as a partner and chairwoman of its complex trial and appellate litigation group.