- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Boston
- Head Count: 157
- Gross Revenues: $194,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,240,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,810,000
- Year Over Year Change: N/A
Choate, Hall & Stewart is a Boston-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Choate, Hall & Stewart has 157 attorneys and is the 244th largest firm in the United States. With $202,500,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 143rd on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in LA, MA and NH.
In the News
: The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
Revenue Per Lawyer, the metric that we've long regarded as the most reliable measure of a firm's financial health, remained flat for Second Hundred firms in 2015.
Susan Beck : The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
Inside the clubby world of the trusts and estates bar, which is making a resurgence at some firms.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
Overall, the firms in the bottom half of the Am Law 200 had a rougher year than their richer counterparts.
Rebekah Mintzer : Corporate Counsel : May 17, 2016
The company's historic split was just another task for these lawyers.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 18, 2016
The two Am Law 200 firms have been hired by Phillips Exeter Academy to probe sexual abuse allegations roiling the elite New Hampshire-based boarding school.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 12, 2016
Proskauer Rose stayed in growth mode last year, posting slight gains in gross revenue, profits per partner and revenue per lawyer.
: The American Lawyer : March 28, 2016
: The National Law Journal : March 21, 2016
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 16, 2016
Comings-and-goings at McCarter & English; Pillsbury Winthrop heads to Hong Kong; Proskauer Rose picks up a new life sciences vice chair; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 07, 2016
K&L Gates and Sidley Austin disgorge partners to new Chicago offices for other firms; a bevy of moves at legal giants Baker & McKenzie and Norton Rose Fulbright; Schulte Roth bolts on a broker-dealer group; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : February 11, 2016
A new year brings another new deal for the pharmaceutical giant and its outside lawyers from three firms.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : February 07, 2016
Greenberg Traurig shuffles its litigation ranks amid plans for global growth; another Kenyon & Kenyon partner departs; Bass Berry and Lewis Brisbois absorb small firms; Holland & Knight hires an ex-governor; and other additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : February 03, 2016
A group of former Locke Lord partners, all of whom joined the firm from a year ago after it absorbed Edwards Wildman Palmer, have decamped for another Boston-based firm in Choate, Hall & Stewart. Locke Lord, however, responded by hiring Boston-based Foley Hoag's former co-managing partner.
Stephanie Forshee : Corporate Counsel : February 01, 2016
Aiming to combat pay discrimination, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission proposed Friday a revision to the Employer Information Report, or the EEO-1, requiring employers with more than 100 employees to collect and disclose pay data.
Ben Seal : The Legal Intelligencer : February 01, 2016
An insurance company does not have to cover H.J. Heinz Co. for up to $25 million in losses tied to the accidental contamination of baby food because Heinz made material misrepresentations of fact in its insurance application, a federal judge has ruled.
C. Ryan Barber : The National Law Journal : January 29, 2016
At a White House event Friday honoring the seventh anniversary of the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, federal officials laid out a proposal to have private companies include pay data in annual reports on the race, gender and job categories of their employees. President Barack Obama said the more detailed reports would "help us do a better job enforcing existing equal pay laws," underscoring the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's point that the added data would buoy its efforts to sniff out of cases of pay discrimination.
Rebekah Mintzer : Corporate Counsel : January 19, 2016
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 18, 2016
Holland & Knight and Sidley Austin hire from Katten Muchin Rosenman and Milbank; a Skadden lawyer returns to public service; Allen & Overy hires in New York; King & Spalding takes two from Jones Day; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Lizzy McLellan : The Legal Intelligencer : December 17, 2015
The insurance company for H.J. Heinz Co. waived its right to assert a rescission claim because it agreed to sell a policy to the food company despite knowing its insurance application contained misrepresentations, a jury ruled Wednesday in federal court.