- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Boston
- Head Count: 157
- Gross Revenues: $194,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,240,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,810,000
- Year Over Year Change: N/A
Choate, Hall & Stewart is a Boston-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Choate, Hall & Stewart has 157 attorneys and is the 244th largest firm in the United States. With $194,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 151st on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in LA, MA and NH.
In the News
Rebekah Mintzer : Corporate Counsel : November 23, 2015
The whistleblower program included in the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act has kept in-house lawyers and compliance officers busy this year.
David Hechler : Corporate Counsel : November 20, 2015
A Boston law firm offers its clients the opportunity to moot arguments prepared for federal and state courts.
P.J. D'Annunzio : The Legal Intelligencer : November 16, 2015
A federal judge has denied a request for summary judgment from H.J. Heinz Co.'s insurer claiming the food company wasn't fully transparent about a series of contaminations in its products.
Rebekah Mintzer : Corporate Counsel : November 16, 2015
It must be no fun working at the legal and compliance departments at Volkswagen AG right now. The revelation by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency that the automaker cheated on its emissions tests has set off an explosion of lawsuits, investigations, financial losses and a new report of duping regulators on environmental issues.
Sue Reisinger : Corporate Counsel : November 02, 2015
The continued stream of in-house counsel and compliance officers becoming whistleblowers has advanced to the point that "it is now a river," according to attorney Gregory Keating.
MP McQueen : The American Lawyer : September 28, 2015
Which big law firms have the best summer programs? More than 3,600 law students rate the firms where they spent the summer.
: The National Law Journal : September 23, 2015
Earlier this summer, the National Law Journal, collaborating with the Connecticut Law Tribune, solicited nominations for our Boston Rising Stars supplement, which features exemplary young lawyers in the Boston area.
Mike Scarcella : Legal Times : September 15, 2015
Kaye Scholer joined Boston-based Choate Hall & Stewart in a tie for first place in The American Lawyer's 2015 Summer Associate satisfaction survey. A federal judge lifts the FBI's gag order against an Internet service provider. Lawyers for the file-sharing website Megaupload press their forfeiture appeal in the Fourth Circuit. This is a roundup of news from ALM and other publications.
: The American Lawyer : September 14, 2015
Overall, summer associates were a contented group in The American Lawyer's latest survey. The happiest among them said they felt welcomed, engaged and well-guided on serious assignments from partners and senior associates.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : September 14, 2015
And Orange County, California, ranks as the best place to work, according to The American Lawyer's 2015 Summer Associate satisfaction survey.
Rebekah Mintzer : Corporate Counsel : September 14, 2015
In light of a new ruling, experts advise legal departments to beef up their compliance regimes, and to ensure that whistleblower protections kick in even when a complaint is made internally, without first going to the SEC.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 13, 2015
More than a year after Mark Hayes' name arose in an insider trading investigation, the Greenberg Traurig partner has started his own practice; Greenspoon Marder merges into Miami; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The National Law Journal : August 31, 2015
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 24, 2015
Less than a year after agreeing to absorb the bulk of Bingham McCutchen, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius has agreed to sublease space in Boston that it agreed to move into last year, before its combination with the former was finalized in January.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : August 16, 2015
With Mavrakakis Law Group's decision to return to Big Law, Haynes and Boone picked up eight boutique patent litigators and a new Chicago office packed with Kirkland & Ellis alums.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : August 13, 2015
En banc ruling gives patent holders more ammunition in suits where a service provider and a customer together infringe a patent.
MP McQueen : The American Lawyer : July 30, 2015
More than 40 percent of partners at Am Law 200 firms are in their 50s and 60s.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : July 15, 2015
After saying goodbye to a $51 million jury verdict and losing a bid to disqualify opposing counsel at Sidley Austin, crime novelist Patricia Cornwell has decided to take her fight against her former financial advisers to a federal appeals court.
: The National Law Journal : June 29, 2015
Laterals, new arrivals and promotions in this week's column.
: The National Law Journal : June 22, 2015
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 07, 2015
Drinker Biddle & Reath adds a labor and employment partner with star power; Bryan Cave parts ways with a former senator; Greenberg Traurig grabs two former Dewey & LeBoeuf dealmakers; four firms raid Kirkland & Ellis; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.