- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 312
- Gross Revenues: $364,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,170,000
- Profits Per Partner: $3,360,000
- Year Over Year Change: -3
Cahill Gordon & Reindel is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Cahill Gordon & Reindel has 327 attorneys and is the 137th largest firm in the United States. With $364,500,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 85th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Cahill Gordon & Reindel ranked as the 98th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in DC and NY.
In the News
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : May 09, 2016
Big-ticket litigations involving scores of lawyers may be thinner on the ground these days, but a surge in global anti-corruption probes appears to be making up for it at a number of firms.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : April 26, 2016
Revenue and profit growth cooled at most of the largest New York law firms in 2015 after several years of rapid growth.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Mixed signals in the financial sector and the end of recession-related litigation held profits down in New York.
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
The Am Law 100 eked out gains across major financial metrics in 2015. But growth was the slowest in years.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 11, 2016
Holland & Knight keeps hiring; Kirkland picks up one from Paul Weiss; Proskauer Rose reels in some heavy-hitters; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : April 06, 2016
A federal judge in Newark has denied a motion by New York-based Cahill, Gordon & Reindel and two of its attorneys seeking to be dismissed from a putative class action suit claiming they conspired with a client to destroy and fabricate evidence in thousands of asbestos injury cases. The judge also denied motions to dismiss Cahill Gordon's alleged accomplice in the fraud, BASF Catalysts, along with two former in-house lawyers for the company.
: The American Lawyer : March 28, 2016
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : March 22, 2016
Despite a record-breaking year for big-ticket M&A work, the most profitable New York-based firms saw much slower earnings and turnover growth on average in 2015.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : March 21, 2016
Responding to a record volume of mergers and acquisitions, New York law firms advanced scores of corporate and transactional lawyers to partnership in their latest round of promotions.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : March 20, 2016
A barrage of big deals in 2015 didn't translate into explosive growth for many of the country's most profitable firms.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : March 10, 2016
Cahill Gordon & Reindel, whose finances float with the capital markets, felt a slight pinch to its bottom line in 2015.
Susan Beck : The Am Law Daily : March 07, 2016
For the first time at McGuire Woods, profits per equity partner topped $1 million in 2015.
Rick Kopstein, Photographer : New York Law Journal : February 29, 2016
Floyd Abrams, a partner at Cahill Gordon & Reindel who has argued numerous high-profile First Amendment cases before the U.S. Supreme Court, was the keynote speaker at a symposium sponsored by Brooklyn Law School on Friday, where he discussed notable opinions by Justice Antonin Scalia in cases pertaining to free speech.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : February 29, 2016
Hogan Lovells goes global for new recruits; a rough week for K&L Gates; Crowell & Moring brings back a top prosecutor; Debevoise bags a federal judge; DLA Piper plucks a longtime ESPN lawyer; and other notable additions from around The Am Law 200.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : February 11, 2016
A new year brings another new deal for the pharmaceutical giant and its outside lawyers from three firms.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : February 08, 2016
Harlan Levy, a partner in Boies, Schiller & Flexner and former chief deputy attorney general, has received the Fund for Modern Courts' 2016 John J. McCloy Memorial Award, which recognizes lawyers who have made outstanding contributions to improving the administration of justice in New York state.
James Schroeder : The American Lawyer : February 01, 2016
Twenty-five of last year's most notable and intriguing lateral moves.
Karen Sloan : The National Law Journal : January 21, 2016
U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch was at Harvard Law School to discuss criminal justice reform. But many of her remarks focused on her own career path, the importance of public interest legal work, and how law students can identify their interests and passions.
Mary Hladky : Daily Business Review : January 05, 2016
Rimon Law attorney Mark Mirkin handled talks for Dyadic International's compensation committee as the Jupiter tech company sold its primary business to DuPont.
Sue Reisinger : Corporate Counsel : January 05, 2016
Pierre Gentin looks forward and back as he moves to a new phase of his career.
Andrew Denney : New York Law Journal : December 28, 2015
When Milton Tingling became New York County clerk almost one year ago, he not only was the first black or first former judge to hold the position, he also was the first new clerk in almost half a century. But Tingling is undaunted by the challenges facing the office and is determined to update many time-honored ways of doing business.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : December 01, 2015
It's a holiday promotion for RCS Capital Corp.'s Mason Allen. He's been appointed general counsel, succeeding James Tanaka.