- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 327
- Gross Revenues: $380,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,165,000
- Profits Per Partner: $3,615,000
- Year Over Year Change: -4
Cahill Gordon & Reindel is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Cahill Gordon & Reindel has 327 attorneys and is the 137th largest firm in the United States. With $380,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 82nd on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Cahill Gordon & Reindel ranked as the 98th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in DC and NY.
In the News
Karen Sloan : The National Law Journal : July 28, 2015
Boston University School of Law is bolstering its graduate public-interest fellowship program with a $2 million influx of funding.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 22, 2015
Three months after finalizing its combination with Canada's Davis, DLA Piper is once again expanding north of the border, picking up four corporate partners from a Toronto firm.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : July 20, 2015
After getting their case back on track at the Third Circuit last year, a group of asbestos plaintiffs has filed a beefed-up complaint accusing Cahill Gordon and BASF Catalysts of deceiving the courts in long-running asbestos litigation.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 08, 2015
Cerberus Capital Management has called upon longtime outside counsel Schulte Roth & Zabel to advise on an initial public offering for grocery giant Albertsons, as Brown Rudnick, another adviser to the buyout behemoth, feels the heat over an alleged political payout tied to an Irish bailout deal.
Brian Baxter : Focus Europe : July 01, 2015
Alternative Business Structure (ABS) status allowed one U.K. firm, Gateley, to go public this spring—and has also helped several foreign firms enter the British legal market.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
Zoe Tillman : Legal Times : June 17, 2015
Veteran appellate lawyer Lawrence Robbins will represent former CIA officer Jeffrey Sterling as he appeals his espionage conviction for providing classified information to a New York Times reporter.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 11, 2015
With the NLJ 350 inspiring law firms to size up their competitors this week, we took a look at the Am Law 200 firms that saw their legal ranks fluctuate the most through the first six months of 2015.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 10, 2015
Arnold Gulkowitz, who joined Dickstein Shapiro in 2007 and went on to head its bankruptcy and creditors' rights group, has left the struggling firm's New York office to start his own restructuring boutique, called Gulkowitz Berger.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 08, 2015
A month after Gateley announced that it would become the first law firm in the U.K. to tap into public markets, the 350-lawyer shop raised more than $45 million in an initial public offering on London's Alternative Investment Market.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : May 29, 2015
The Yale Law Women's survey also credits Cadwalader, Duane Morris, Hogan Lovells, Hunton & Williams, Kirkland & Ellis, Morrison & Foerster, Munger Tolles, Orrick and Wilmer.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 26, 2015
Litigation giant Quinn Emanuel opens its first office in mainland China; Steptoe & Johnson snags four in Silicon Valley; Dentons follows up on its Newt Gingrich hire with several new additions; and other hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : May 21, 2015
Typically, a firm roughly the size of Fox Rothschild might do billable work for 5,000 or 6,000 clients per year, according to James Young, administrative partner for litigation.
: New York Law Journal : May 15, 2015
Announcements from Troutman Sanders, King & Spalding, Vedder Price, Kaye Scholer, Venable and Farrell Fritz.
Ben Bedell : New York Law Journal : May 13, 2015
"The policy at issue is a political risk insurance policy, not a credit insurance policy," a unanimous First Department panel said, and was not triggered by a Mexican resort company's bankruptcy filing, which "was not an alteration of Mexican law."
: New York Law Journal : May 11, 2015
The New York Law Journal congratulates the 50 young lawyers chosen as 2015 Rising Stars by a panel of 24 esteemed judges.
Drew Combs : The American Lawyer : May 08, 2015
Most Am Law 100 firms had solid results in 2014, but some sector bets paid off especially well.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : May 07, 2015
The pharmaceutical industry once again reigned supreme on the transactional front this week, although a pair of Am Law 100 firms also helped an iconic New York property change hands.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : May 04, 2015
The Shanghai-based conglomerate is acquiring the remaining 80 percent of Ironshore that it doesn't already own in an effort to ramp up its insurance portfolio.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : May 04, 2015
New York Law Journal reporter Christine Simmons conducts an informal survey of nine law firm leaders on their expectations for the rest of 2015 based on the first quarter of the year.
Susan Beck : The American Lawyer : May 03, 2015
The sudden exit of its future leader plus disappointing financials put The Am Law 100's oldest firm to the test.
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : April 27, 2015
It was a year of solid gains for The Am Law 100, especially for a burgeoning group of top firms.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : April 16, 2015
Bank of America, represented by Shearman & Sterling, is the third bank to settle of the dozen targeted in antitrust litigation alleging widespread manipulation in the $5 trillion-per-day foreign exchange market.
: The National Law Journal : April 15, 2015
The National Law Journal presents 75 of the most accomplished female attorneys working in the legal profession today.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 13, 2015
Cahill Gordon & Reindel officially launched an English law litigation practice in London after hiring Shearman & Sterling partner Richard Kelly. The announcement comes with a twist: U.K. regulators approved Cahill's application to become the first major U.S. firm in London to be licensed under an alternative business structure.
: The American Lawyer : April 08, 2015
Moves involving Akin Gump, Cahill Gordon, Ashurst, Covington & Burling, Kramer Levin and Fitzpatrick Cella.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 07, 2015
Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr and Morrison & Foerster tap the U.S. Department of Justice for two notable hires; Kramer Levin adds a life sciences practice head; Nixon Peabody nabs a Jones Day band leader and other moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
: Corporate Counsel : April 01, 2015
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 20, 2015
Kutak Rock loses eight of its nine lawyers in Wichita to growing Am Law 200 firm Lewis Brisbois; Cahill makes a rare partner hire; Kasowitz and Polsinelli partners take entrepreneurial turns; musical chairs at McDermott; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Amaris Elliott-Engel : The Connecticut Law Tribune : March 20, 2015
Connecticut is the seemingly unlikely venue for a legal effort by a German banking giant to collect a quarter-billion-dollar judgment obtained in a British court against a globe-trotting derivatives trader.