- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 448
- Gross Revenues: $463,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,035,000
- Profits Per Partner: $2,060,000
- Year Over Year Change: -5
Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft has 437 attorneys and is the 101st largest firm in the United States. With $481,500,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 64th on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2012 Global 100 survey, Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft ranked as the 78th highest grossing law firm in the world. They have offices in New York, London, North Carolina, Washington DC, Texas, Beijing, Hong Kong, and Brussels.
In the News
Nell Gluckman : The American Lawyer : May 01, 2016
Key metrics fell again, but the firm says it is positioned for future growth.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Mixed signals in the financial sector and the end of recession-related litigation held profits down in New York.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 25, 2016
Ronald Cami heads to Davis Polk & Wardwell in Silicon Valley; Davis Wright Tremaine adds a former top federal prosecutor; another Bracewell partner departs; a new IP boutique forms inside the Beltway; and other key additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
The Am Law 100 eked out gains across major financial metrics in 2015. But growth was the slowest in years.
: The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
The American Lawyer's annual report on the nation's 100 top-grossing law firms. Full financial results, in-depth analysis, firm profiles, and more.
: The Am Law Daily : April 20, 2016
Before The American Lawyer's complete annual Am Law 100 report is released on April 25, take a peek at preliminary reporting on law firm financials from The Am Law Daily and its regional affiliates.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 18, 2016
A four-lawyer team leaves Dykema Gossett to start their own shop; Norton Rose Fulbright nabs a dealmaker who nearly died in an African plane crash; a Seyfarth Shaw practice leader joins a high-profile boutique; and other notable additions from The Am Law 200.
: The National Law Journal : April 18, 2016
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : April 15, 2016
As Atlantic City stares down the barrel of fiscal insolvency, state leaders maintain that bankruptcy is to be avoided at all costs. But as consensus over a takeover plan appears uncertain, the question arises: Is a Chapter 9 filing as unlikely as the rhetoric implies?
: New York Law Journal : April 13, 2016
Six firms announce new additions, including Loeb & Loeb, where Philippe Manteau will serve as chair of the Western Europe corporate practice.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 12, 2016
Proskauer Rose stayed in growth mode last year, posting slight gains in gross revenue, profits per partner and revenue per lawyer.
Steven J. Harper : The Am Law Daily : April 08, 2016
Self-styled experts concerned about the fate of the Cravath model have been wrong before; they're wrong this time, too.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 06, 2016
A pair of PE partners leave Weil; a rare hire by Wachtell; big firms raid Cadwalader and Reed Smith; Jenner & Block, Jones Day and Schiff Hardin rotate practice leaders; Goodwin Procter goes to Paris; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : April 05, 2016
Demand for litigators seems to be lagging behind corporate, regulatory and transactional specialists--consistent with predictions by some consultants earlier this year. So what do recent lateral moves tell us about the market for litigators?
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : April 03, 2016
The move by Barshay, who advised on nearly $300 billion in M&A transactions last year, could have a big impact for both firms.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 31, 2016
Boies Schiller and Cooley bulk up their nascent outposts in London; Gordon Rees and Shipman & Goodwin grow in New York; Hogan Lovells hires four in Australia and an ex-New York prosecutor; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Rick Kopstein, Photographer : New York Law Journal : March 28, 2016
Cadwalader partner Lary Stromfeld is chairing "Justice Served," a campaign to encourage law firms and their employees to assist the Food Bank For New York City and its hunger-relief programs.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : March 28, 2016
Bill Gates turned to the firm that bears his father's name to buy a multimillion-dollar property in a Florida equestrian's paradise.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : March 22, 2016
Despite a record-breaking year for big-ticket M&A work, the most profitable New York-based firms saw much slower earnings and turnover growth on average in 2015.
: New York Law Journal : March 22, 2016
Kramer Levin, Debevoise, Kirkland & Ellis, White and Case and Mintz Levin have each added an attorney.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : March 22, 2016
When Eric Inselberg first filed his suit, pro quarterback Peyton Manning was preparing to play in Super Bowl XLVIII at MetLife Stadium, home field to Manning's brother and the NFL organization Inselberg claims passed him bogus "game-worn" memorabilia for sale to collectors.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 21, 2016
The U.S. Department of Commerce adds a high-profile partner from Katten Muchin Rosenman; Greenberg Traurig and Holland & Knight trade hires; Winston & Strawn's arbitration co-chair departs; and other notable additions from around The Am Law 200.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : March 20, 2016
A barrage of big deals in 2015 didn't translate into explosive growth for many of the country's most profitable firms.
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : March 19, 2016
Five corporate shareholders and five associates from Greenberg Traurig's Miami office are defecting to Holland & Knight.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : March 18, 2016
Continuing its hiring streak, Greenberg Traurig has brought in four partners from Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft, including Louis Solomon, who was co-chair of the litigation department.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : March 17, 2016
Greenberg Traurig, after ending merger talks with Berwin Leighton Paisner, resumed its lateral hiring spree by snagging four partners from Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft, including the firm's litigation co-chair.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 14, 2016
New York's Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center adds a high-ranking Akin Gump partner to serve as its new legal chief; a troubled Kaye Scholer partner departs; Kirkland makes another high-profile hire; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The American Lawyer : March 14, 2016
The American Lawyer invites firms to send us the names of their new partners for 2016. Please send submissions to email@example.com.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : March 10, 2016
Cahill Gordon & Reindel, whose finances float with the capital markets, felt a slight pinch to its bottom line in 2015.
Frances Ivens : Legal Week : March 07, 2016
With a spate of new recruits in Asia, is Latham leading the way for U.S. firms in the region?