- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 448
- Gross Revenues: $463,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,035,000
- Profits Per Partner: $2,060,000
- Year Over Year Change: -5
Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2016 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft has 448 attorneys and is the 99th largest firm in the United States. With $463,500,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 70th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft ranked as the 77th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in DC, NC, NY and TX.
In the News
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : July 07, 2016
The Am Law Daily caught up with the two lead principals at secretive legal consultancy Blaqwell Inc. for a rare on-the-record chat about trends affecting their clients, which have included some 40 Am Law 100 firms.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 06, 2016
Three new laterals at Orrick; a pair of Honigman practice leaders land at Foley & Lardner; Gibson Dunn recruits from the Justice Department; Latham & Watkins welcomes a top SEC official; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
James Booth, Legal Week : The Am Law Daily : July 05, 2016
King & Wood Mallesons has continued to lose partners in London, with former European finance chief Jeremy Cross the latest to emerge at another firm.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : July 05, 2016
Could a merger be next for Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft?
Rebecca Geiger : Focus Europe : July 01, 2016
The law firms with roles in the largest recent M&A deals across Europe.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 17, 2016
From industrial chemicals to traffic cones, one of the last weeks of spring provided a plethora of transactional opportunities for dozens of Am Law 100 firms.
James Booth and Brian Baxter : New York Law Journal : June 16, 2016
A half-dozen Am Law 100 firms have landed roles on one of the year's largest technology deals, Microsoft Corp.'s proposed $26.2 billion acquisition announced Monday of LinkedIn Corp.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 13, 2016
Former eBay general counsel Michael Jacobson returns to Cooley in Silicon Valley; a Kirkland & Ellis seeks a shave; Greenberg Traurig grows in Israel; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Joel Stashenko : New York Law Journal : June 03, 2016
The state Court of Appeals Thursday denied a summary judgment motion sought by the plaintiff in a legal malpractice suit against Cadwalader stemming from advice the firm gave on a potential deal to gain control of the board of the Six Flags amusement parks in the mid-2000s.
: The National Law Journal : May 30, 2016
Lateral moves, new arrivals, and a new practice group in this week's column.
: New York Law Journal : May 24, 2016
Seven firms have added new partners, and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer has appointed a new chief legal officer.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 18, 2016
A half-dozen big firms shuffled practice leaders within the past week; Skadden snags a high-profile arbitration expert in Hong Kong; the founding partner of Weil's Rhode Island office departs; and other notable laterals from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 11, 2016
A quartet of cybersecurity pros plies their wares at new firms; Blank Rome hires a former U.S. senator; Cooley adds a high-powered private equity team; Orrick adds again in Paris; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: New York Law Journal : May 09, 2016
Norton Rose Fulbright, Akerman, Pryor Cashman and Hancock Estabrook have each added an attorney.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : May 09, 2016
The firm announced the addition of seasoned transactional lawyers in New York, Silicon Valley and London, including former Cadwalader private equity chief Ronald Hopkinson.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 05, 2016
More comings-and-goings at Kirkland & Ellis; cybersecurity hiring stays hot at Cooley and Covington; Latham & Watkins snags another lateral in Germany; Paul Weiss restocks its litigation group; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The American Lawyer : May 03, 2016
These awards recognize law firms for excellence in handling transatlantic matters across the key areas of corporate, finance and disputes, as well as highlighting in-house leaders and law firm innovation, commitment to pro bono and outstanding transatlantic strategy.
Nell Gluckman : The American Lawyer : May 01, 2016
Key metrics fell again, but the firm says it is positioned for future growth.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Mixed signals in the financial sector and the end of recession-related litigation held profits down in New York.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 25, 2016
Ronald Cami heads to Davis Polk & Wardwell in Silicon Valley; Davis Wright Tremaine adds a former top federal prosecutor; another Bracewell partner departs; a new IP boutique forms inside the Beltway; and other key additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
The Am Law 100 eked out gains across major financial metrics in 2015. But growth was the slowest in years.
: The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
The American Lawyer's annual report on the nation's 100 top-grossing law firms. Full financial results, in-depth analysis, firm profiles, and more.
: The Am Law Daily : April 20, 2016
Before The American Lawyer's complete annual Am Law 100 report is released on April 25, take a peek at preliminary reporting on law firm financials from The Am Law Daily and its regional affiliates.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 18, 2016
A four-lawyer team leaves Dykema Gossett to start their own shop; Norton Rose Fulbright nabs a dealmaker who nearly died in an African plane crash; a Seyfarth Shaw practice leader joins a high-profile boutique; and other notable additions from The Am Law 200.
: The National Law Journal : April 18, 2016
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : April 15, 2016
As Atlantic City stares down the barrel of fiscal insolvency, state leaders maintain that bankruptcy is to be avoided at all costs. But as consensus over a takeover plan appears uncertain, the question arises: Is a Chapter 9 filing as unlikely as the rhetoric implies?
: New York Law Journal : April 13, 2016
Six firms announce new additions, including Loeb & Loeb, where Philippe Manteau will serve as chair of the Western Europe corporate practice.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 12, 2016
Proskauer Rose stayed in growth mode last year, posting slight gains in gross revenue, profits per partner and revenue per lawyer.
Steven J. Harper : The Am Law Daily : April 08, 2016
Self-styled experts concerned about the fate of the Cravath model have been wrong before; they're wrong this time, too.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 06, 2016
A pair of PE partners leave Weil; a rare hire by Wachtell; big firms raid Cadwalader and Reed Smith; Jenner & Block, Jones Day and Schiff Hardin rotate practice leaders; Goodwin Procter goes to Paris; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.