- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Birmingham
- Head Count: 261
- Gross Revenues: $129,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $495,000
- Profits Per Partner: $485,000
- Year Over Year Change: 4
Burr & Forman is a Birmingham-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Burr & Forman has 261 attorneys and is the 168th largest firm in the United States. With $129,500,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 175th on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in AL, FL, GA, MS and TN.
In the News
John Pacenti : Daily Business Review : December 16, 2014
It's official: West Palm Beach's David Prather will take on Tampa's William Schifino Jr. in the race to be decided in March.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : December 16, 2014
Two years after starting the state's first tax court, Chuck Beaudrot Jr. is returning to Morris Manning & Martin, where he was the firm's senior tax partner for 30 years.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : December 09, 2014
A leading French M&A lawyer heads to Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom in Paris; King & Spalding brings back a former partner and sees its M&A cohead head to the NFL; Squire Patton Boggs makes it rain Down Under and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : December 09, 2014
Jennifer Moseley has joined Morris Manning & Martin as a partner from Barnes & Thornburg, saying that her practice representing start-up companies and foreign-funded investment entities through the EB-5 visa program is becoming more real-estate oriented.
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : November 24, 2014
Supporters of West Palm Beach lawyer David Prather, a candidate for Florida Bar president, said his 2012 drunken-driving arrest doesn't affect his ability to lead the 100,000-lawyer group.
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : November 19, 2014
West Palm Beach lawyer David Prather is vying to become the fourth straight Florida Bar president from South Florida.
: The National Law Journal : November 17, 2014
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : November 05, 2014
Keeping outside legal spending down and looking good to management were common themes in a new survey asking Southeastern general counsel what is on their minds.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 04, 2014
One of the world's largest firms expands in the Garden State and Casablanca; Katten Muchin Rosenman adds a former Dealmaker of the Year; Norton Rose Fulbright gets into cybersecurity; Willkie Farr & Gallagher goes to Houston and more notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : September 23, 2014
Robert Khayat has left King & Spalding to open a solo litigation shop, The Khayat Law Firm.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : September 10, 2014
An August fundraiser at family law firm Warner, Bates, McGough, McGinnis & Portnoy raised $15,950 to train volunteer guardians ad litem to represent children in contested child custody hearings in Fulton County Superior Court.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 22, 2014
Weil, Gotshal & Manges debt capital markets partner Gil Strauss has decamped for Simpson Thacher & Bartlett in London; Bank of America adds an Akin Gump partner; a Debevoise & Plimpton partner joins the U.S. State Department; and more notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : August 15, 2014
Software uses in-house counsels' behavior to craft lawyers' online persona
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : August 11, 2014
Burr & Forman has leased new office space on Las Olas Boulevard in preparation for expansion.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 13, 2014
Greenberg Traurig has raided Dickstein Shapiro for 13 lawyers and lobbyists in Washington, D.C., Paul Hastings plucks Kaye Scholer's white-collar and internal investigations chair and Troutman Sanders snags Hughes Hubbard's private equity chair in the latest round of lateral moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The National Law Journal : July 07, 2014
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
Joshua A. Ehrenfeld : Corporate Counsel : June 26, 2014
Congress and the U.S. Internal Revenue Service have teamed up to deliver a ticking tax bomb that is set to explode on July 1, 2014.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : June 25, 2014
An innovative way of teaching professionalism to first-year law students, modeled on "Inside the Actor's Studio," has won Mercer University School of Law a national award from the American Bar Association.