- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Daniels LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchalter Nemer
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dewey & LeBoeuf LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Fulbright & Jaworski LLP
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hodgson Russ LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Roetzel & Andress
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Sills Cummis & Gross P.C.
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
Burr & Forman LLP
- Designation: Birmingham
- Head Count: 261
- Gross Revenues: $129,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $495,000
- Profits Per Partner: $485,000
- Year Over Year Change: 4
Burr and Forman is a Birmingham, Alabama-based law firm. In terms of revenue, the firm ranked 196th on The American Lawyer's 2011 Am Law 200 with gross revenue of $100,500,000 in 2010. According to the National Law Journal's 2011 NLJ 250 rankings of firms based on size, Burr & Forman has 226 attorneys and is the 180th largest firm in the United States. 2002 was the first year that the firm ranked on the NLJ 250. This business and litigation firm's practice areas include corporate; financial services; tax; intellectual property and technology; trusts and estates; environmental and land use; and real estate. In addition to its Birmingham headquarters, Burr and Forman has offices in Montgomery, Alabama, Jackson, Mississippi, and Atlanta, Georgia.
In the News
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 13, 2014
Greenberg Traurig has raided Dickstein Shapiro for 13 lawyers and lobbyists in Washington, D.C., Paul Hastings plucks Kaye Scholer's white-collar and internal investigations chair and Troutman Sanders snags Hughes Hubbard's private equity chair in the latest round of lateral moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The National Law Journal : January 07, 2014
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
Joshua A. Ehrenfeld : Corporate Counsel : January 26, 2014
Congress and the U.S. Internal Revenue Service have teamed up to deliver a ticking tax bomb that is set to explode on July 1, 2014.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : January 25, 2014
An innovative way of teaching professionalism to first-year law students, modeled on "Inside the Actor's Studio," has won Mercer University School of Law a national award from the American Bar Association.
Monica Bay : Law Technology News : January 21, 2014
Legal industry career moves, and the Association of Legal Administrators names its new board of directors.
Dennis Doherty : Daily Report : January 09, 2014
The band name is a legal term and a tongue in cheek (or misleading) reference to the quality of the band: class act.
Mary Smith Judd : Daily Report : January 28, 2014
A couple of caveats about year-over-year comparisons this year at all firms. For the third year, the Daily Report used the Am Law standards for rounding some metrics.
: Daily Report : January 28, 2014
Our staff is tasked with vetting the numbers of the 12 highest grossing firms based in Atlanta, plus Birmingham, Ala.-based Burr & Forman for consideration in the Am Law 100 and 200 rankings of the nation's richest law firms. The national rankings will be published in May, but we invite readers to read the deeper analyses behind local firms' numbers.
: Daily Report : January 31, 2014
Last year was a growth year for Burr & Forman. The firm's revenue increased 8.3 percent to $130 million.
Tom Huddleston Jr. : The Am Law Daily : January 25, 2014
Bingham & McCutchen loses a real estate finance partner to Holland & Knight and litigator to Stubbs Alderton Markiles; Greenberg Traurig adds a former FINRA enforcement counsel; and Holland & Hart absorbs a Salt Lake City tax boutique.
Tom Huddleston Jr. : The Am Law Daily : January 14, 2014
Holland & Knight adds two partners in Tampa and individual partners in Miami, New York and San Francisco; Burr & Forman welcomes four health care attorneys in Birmingham; and two energy and natural resources partners move to Husch Blackwell's Denver office.
: The National Law Journal : January 03, 2014
: The National Law Journal : January 03, 2014
Harvey Kauget joins Burr & Forman's intellectual property practice as partner in the Tampa office. Plus more law firm movers in this week's column.
: The National Law Journal : January 24, 2014
Randy Travis has lost his bid to stop the public disclosure of dashcam video that shows him nude during his 2012 arrest for driving while intoxicated. Plus more in this week's column.
: The National Law Journal : January 24, 2014
Geoffrey Willis joins the Brown Rudnick's environmental and real estate practices in the Irvine, Calif., office. Plus more law firm movers in this week's column.
Tom Huddleston Jr. : The Am Law Daily : January 21, 2014
Lewis Brisbois launches a new office near Philadelphia with a team of 14 laterals, including eight partners, from Nelson Levine; Pfizer's assistant general counsel heads to Paul Hastings; and O'Melveny's London office adds a Kirkland M&A partner.
Tom Huddleston Jr. : The Am Law Daily : January 07, 2014
Three New York–based Paul Hastings labor and employment partners jump to Proskauer Rose, and a fourth joins Ogletree in Atlanta; Foley & Lardner adds two partners and an of counsel in Miami; and a Kirkland partner becomes chair of Winston & Strawn's West Coast private equity practice.