- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Houston
- Head Count: 417
- Gross Revenues: $296,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $710,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,190,000
- Year Over Year Change: N/A
Bracewell & Giuliani is a Houston-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Bracewell & Giuliani has 450 attorneys and is the 100th largest firm in the United States. With $296,500,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 109th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in CT, DC, NY, TX, VA and WA.
In the News
Miriam Rozen : Texas Lawyer : June 16, 2016
Former New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani will officiate his first same-sex wedding this weekend, marrying his former law partner Scott Segal, who leads Bracewell's policy resolution group in its Washington, D.C. office, to Travis Hatch, an interior designer.
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
The Am Law 100 eked out gains across major financial metrics in 2015. But growth was the slowest in years.
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : March 19, 2016
Five corporate shareholders and five associates from Greenberg Traurig's Miami office are defecting to Holland & Knight.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : March 17, 2016
Greenberg Traurig, after ending merger talks with Berwin Leighton Paisner, resumed its lateral hiring spree by snagging four partners from Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft, including the firm's litigation co-chair.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : March 03, 2016
Julian Rainero, a barbecue aficionado and head of the broker-dealer and market regulation group at the newly renamed Bracewell, is leading a 10-lawyer team to Schulte Roth & Zabel in New York.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : February 23, 2016
After a spate of lateral departures and lackluster financial results for 2015, the newly renamed Bracewell lost its head of litigation in Seattle. The move came after Bracewell hired a New York tax partner, but saw Morgan Lewis land an oil and gas pro in Houston and D.C.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : February 18, 2016
Houston-based Bracewell also saw a 7.2 percent decline in count of full-time equivalent lawyers and 8.9 percent decline in number of equity partners.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : February 09, 2016
The firms led the way in negative and positive head count growth for the Am Law 200 over the past 14 months.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : February 07, 2016
Greenberg Traurig shuffles its litigation ranks amid plans for global growth; another Kenyon & Kenyon partner departs; Bass Berry and Lewis Brisbois absorb small firms; Holland & Knight hires an ex-governor; and other additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter and Chris Johnson : The Am Law Daily : February 03, 2016
Greenberg Traurig, an Am Law 100 firm with Miami roots known for its spectacular growth, confirmed Wednesday that it is in preliminary discussions about a potential union with U.K. firm Berwin Leighton Paisner.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : January 29, 2016
A month after a trial judge explained why Reed Smith's mandatory arbitration agreement in a client engagement letter was unenforceable, the law firm withdrew its appeal, dashing the chance for the first-impression issue to reach the state's appellate courts.
: The National Law Journal : January 25, 2016
Tesla Motors Inc. filed suit against the auto parts supplier who made the hydraulic mechanism for a prototype of the "Falcon Wing" doors on its new Model X crossover SUV. Plus more in this week's column.
Susan Beck : The Am Law Daily : January 25, 2016
Rudolph Giuliani's comments last February that President Barack Obama doesn't love America prompted some Bracewell clients to complain to the firm, partners said.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 25, 2016
After a series of lateral losses, K&L Gates hits the ground running with some new hires to start 2016; Dickstein Shapiro's departures mount; Fried Frank launches a London restructuring practice and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 21, 2016
Besides allying with Rudy Giuliani in an election year, Greenberg Traurig has hired several other notable partners this month; Orrick opens in Houston; Paul Weiss litigators start their own boutique; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Michael A. Scarcella : Legal Times : January 20, 2016
More on the U.S.-Iran prisoner swap. Rudolph Giuliani goes to Greenberg Traurig. Martin Shkreli wants a new legal team. And details emerge about the resignation of Deborah Leff, the Justice Department's pardon attorney. This is a news roundup from NLJ and other publications.
Susan Beck : The Am Law Daily : January 19, 2016
Greenberg Traurig gets a high-profile boost with the addition of Rudolph Giuliani and former federal prosecutor Marc Mukasey from Bracewell & Giuliani, which will change its name to Bracewell.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : January 19, 2016
Rudy Giuliani and Marc Mukasey leave Bracewell's New York office to move to Greenberg Traurig.
John Council : Texas Lawyer : January 15, 2016
Leonard Davis, a former chief judge of the Eastern District, believes the region's enormous patent docket will likely decline after a huge year of filings in 2015.
Miriam Rozen : Texas Lawyer : January 11, 2016
The Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Science Advisory Board produced this month a draft of proposed revisions to a 2015-issued report, and in it echoed Texas anti-fracking plaintiffs' concerns about alleged water contamination.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 06, 2016
Falling oil and gas prices continue to bedevil Am Law 200 firms. When Magnum Hunter Resources filed for bankruptcy last month, the company owed millions in fees to several firms, including Andrews Kurth, Bracewell & Giuliani and Norton Rose Fulbright.