- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 282
- Gross Revenues: $345,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,225,000
- Profits Per Partner: $3,025,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Boies, Schiller & Flexner is an Armonk-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Boies, Schiller & Flexner has 282 attorneys and is the 155th largest firm in the United States. With $345,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 91st on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in CA, DC, FL, MA, NH, NJ, NV and NY.
In the News
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : February 08, 2016
Harlan Levy, a partner in Boies, Schiller & Flexner and former chief deputy attorney general, has received the Fund for Modern Courts' 2016 John J. McCloy Memorial Award, which recognizes lawyers who have made outstanding contributions to improving the administration of justice in New York state.
James Schroeder : The American Lawyer : February 01, 2016
Twenty-five of last year's most notable and intriguing lateral moves.
: New York Law Journal : January 22, 2016
Six firms, including Boies Schiller and Morrison Cohen, announce newly elected partners.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : January 21, 2016
A former worker for the venture-funded office space company claims she was underpaid and fired for complaining about it.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : January 21, 2016
All six partners at Wilkinson Walsh + Eskovitz—the trial boutique formed this week by star Paul Weiss litigator Beth Wilkinson—are under age 54. The goal, she said, is to give younger lawyers the kind of trial experience that can be hard to come by at a larger firm.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : January 21, 2016
Judge Charles Breyer selected Elizabeth Cabraser of Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein as lead counsel.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : January 19, 2016
New litigation firm will be led by partners Robert O'Brien, who had built up Arent's L.A. office, and Stephen Larson.
Ross Todd and Amanda Bronstad : The National Law Journal : January 18, 2016
More than 140 law firms have applied for leadership positions in litigation targeting Volkswagen A.G. over the company's "clean diesel" emissions scandal.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : January 15, 2016
About 150 law firms are vying for roles in the litigation, leading one class action critic to call for a bidding process.
Zoe Tillman : The National Law Journal : January 14, 2016
A federal district judge in Washington won't recuse from a regulatory fight between tobacco companies and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. The judge ruled on Wednesday that work his former law firm did for an anti-tobacco group was "too attenuated" from the case to disqualify him.
Andrew Keshner : New York Law Journal : January 12, 2016
A Manhattan appeals court has paused until May a judge's decision to stop daily fantasy sports sites DraftKings and FanDuel from doing business in the state while the sites press their appellate challenge.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : January 11, 2016
Among those jockeying for position are top lawyers with Lieff Cabraser, Boies Schiller, Quinn Emanuel and Hagens Berman.
Cheryl Miller : The Recorder : January 08, 2016
A 27-page complaint filed Thursday argues that San Francisco failed to conduct an adequate environmental review.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : January 08, 2016
PricewaterhouseCoopers affiliates have agreed to pay $55 million to resolve claims brought by investors who suffered losses in the Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC Ponzi scheme.
Celia Ampel : Daily Business Review : January 07, 2016
Boies, Schiller & Flexner attorneys help negotiate a proposed $55 million settlement with two PricewaterhouseCoopers divisions for victims of Bernard Madoff's Ponzi scheme.
Susan Beck : The Litigation Daily : January 07, 2016
In the latest settlement tied to so-called feeder funds that funneled money to Bernie Madoff, PricewaterhouseCoopers agreed to pay $55 million to investors.
Celia Ampel : Daily Business Review : January 07, 2016
U.S. District Judge Federico Moreno in Miami has sticky legal questions to consider as he prepares his next rulings in the massive Takata air bag case.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : January 04, 2016
Another former Dewey partner has stumbled in a lawsuit against Barclays related to capital contribution loans provided to partners at the now-defunct firm.
Recorder Staff : The Recorder : December 31, 2015
Billions of dollars—not to mention bragging rights—are at stake in cases set for trial against Facebook, Google, Uber and others.
C. Ryan Barber : The National Law Journal : December 31, 2015
From net neutrality rules to the Sally Yates memo, federal agencies came out with major policy announcements and found themselves in high-stakes litigation in 2015. But by the year's end, there was too little time left to see how those policies would be put into practice, or how lawsuits with potentially vast ramifications would be resolved. Here are some of the top things to look out for in 2016 with four federal agencies: the Federal Trade Commission, Justice Department, Federal Communications Commission and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : December 30, 2015
Deep-pocketed litigation funders are throwing investor dollars into lawsuits, raising questions about ethics and the specter of regulation.
Celia Ampel : Daily Business Review : December 24, 2015
The Southern District of Florida will see five multidistrict litigation cases proceed in 2016, including the giant Takata air bag case and about $1 billion in overdraft fee claims against Wells Fargo.
Emily Barker : The American Lawyer : December 23, 2015
Boies, Schiller & Flexner took on the big, risky cases—and won them.
Susan Beck : The American Lawyer : December 22, 2015
Associates, take the lead in legal aid giving.
Emily Barker : The American Lawyer : December 21, 2015
Scott Flaherty : The American Lawyer : December 21, 2015
As they fight New York's attorney general, DraftKings and FanDuel are relying on an all-star lineup.
: The American Lawyer : December 21, 2015
A repeat winner claims the top prize in The American Lawyer's Litigation Department of the Year contest, while three practice area winners, 11 finalists and six individual litigators are honored for outstanding successes in the hardest-fought cases.
: The American Lawyer : December 21, 2015
Meet the 15 firms and six individual litigators honored in The American Lawyer's biennial Litigation Department of the Year issue.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : December 17, 2015
The suit, brought by David Boies and a trio of environmental lawyers, was no surprise, but the grounds for blocking the development are a new twist.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : December 16, 2015
Associate bonus announcements continue to roll in, with Freshfields and Clifford Chance announcing that their U.S. associates won't trail American peers. As in past years, Boies, Schiller & Flexner and Susman Godfrey marched to their own rhythms.