- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 300
- Gross Revenues: $380,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,265,000
- Profits Per Partner: $3,085,000
- Year Over Year Change: 8
Boies, Schiller & Flexner is an Armonk-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Boies, Schiller & Flexner has 282 attorneys and is the 155th largest firm in the United States. With $380,000,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 83rd on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in CA, DC, FL, MA, NH, NJ, NV and NY.
In the News
: New York Law Journal : May 25, 2016
Attorney General Eric Schneiderman presented the Fund for Modern Courts' 2016 John J. McCloy Memorial Award to Harlan Levy, a partner at Boies, Schiller & Flexner and former chief deputy attorney general.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 25, 2016
Silicon Valley stalwart Fenwick & West is poised to set up shop in the Big Apple; Boies Schiller brings on two more litigators; Ropes & Gray grabs another private equity pro in London; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : May 24, 2016
Boies Schiller & Flexner is absorbing a five-attorney New York litigation boutique headed by Sean O'Shea, a former federal prosecutor.
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : May 23, 2016
New York trial lawyer Bill Carmody of Susman Godfrey equates his colleagues to the Navy Seals, working among the larger military operation that is Big Law litigation.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : May 23, 2016
White-collar pro Sean O'Shea is joining Boies Schiller along with the rest of his small firm, O'Shea Partners.
Scott Flaherty, Ben Hancock and Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
Epic Systems v. Tata Consultancy Services; O'Connor v. Uber; SunEdison Chapter 11; In re VW 'Clean Diesel' Product Liability Litigation; Prosterman v. Airline Tariff Publishing.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : May 23, 2016
Darren Robbins is one of the most successful advocates ever for injured shareholders. He spoke with The Litigation Daily about how he and his partners have built Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd, what they look for in laterals and the next big thing in complex litigation.
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : May 19, 2016
Still fighting Google, Oracle is about to begin another high-stakes jury trial. Here's what you need to know.
: Daily Business Review : May 19, 2016
Mary Welch, Special to the Review : Daily Business Review : May 19, 2016
Want to build a young South Florida super lawyer? A basic blueprint would be to be a litigator from the University of Miami School of Law who is involved in international business or real estate.
: Daily Business Review : May 19, 2016
Joel Stashenko : New York Law Journal : May 18, 2016
A White Plains attorney is seeking unspecified damages for what he maintains was former Putnam County District Attorney Adam Levy's attempt to impugn his reputation and wreck his legal career.
Lisa Shuchman : Corporate Counsel : May 17, 2016
No, their lawyers aren't dancing to that tune. But they know the business from top to bottom, and think nothing of inviting engineers to speak their mind at hearings.
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : May 13, 2016
U.S. District Judge Maxine Chesney refused to block airlines from implementing policy that hikes prices for multiple-city tickets.
Vivia Chen : The Careerist : May 09, 2016
What was Boies doing on the hit TV show?
Ross Todd : The Recorder : May 08, 2016
If Oracle's lawyers overcome Google's fair use defense, they plan to ask for nearly $9 billion in copyright damages.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : May 07, 2016
From the star witness lists to the tough judge, here's what you should know about the tech titans' showdown.
Joel Stashenko : New York Law Journal : May 05, 2016
New York's solicitor general insisted this week that the state's civil fraud case against Maurice "Hank" Greenberg and another former American International Group executive remains viable, despite settlements reached in federal court with AIG and its shareholders in 2013.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : May 03, 2016
David Bernick, a former general counsel of tobacco giant Philip Morris International Inc., has left Dechert for Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison, which restocked its litigation group after a notable departure in January.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : May 02, 2016
Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy, a firm that has spent the last 150 years in downtown Manhattan, will relocate its headquarters to the Hudson Yards development in 2018.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : May 02, 2016
A family feud involving top New York litigator Nicholas Gravante Jr. got worse when his 81-year-old mother allegedly called his firm and his friends to call him a lying cheat.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 29, 2016
It's the end of an era. Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy is poised to leave New York City's financial district for midtown Manhattan, a departure that moves the Wall Street firm from the historic home of a banking icon to a new development on the West Side.
Angela Neville : Texas Lawyer : April 25, 2016
The U.S. Department of Justice recently filed a lawsuit against ValueAct Capital and its affiliates for allegedly violating U.S. antitrust laws in their recent purchase of approximately $2.5 billion of stock owned by Houston-based Halliburton and Baker Hughes.
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : April 25, 2016
The airline is accused of conspiring with other carriers to raise the prices for multicity trips.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 25, 2016
Ronald Cami heads to Davis Polk & Wardwell in Silicon Valley; Davis Wright Tremaine adds a former top federal prosecutor; another Bracewell partner departs; a new IP boutique forms inside the Beltway; and other key additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : April 17, 2016
A decade after they began fighting to reform the way Florida delivers Medicaid services to kids, partners Stuart Singer and Carl Goldfarb can finally claim a hard-won victory.
Vivia Chen : The Careerist : April 14, 2016
Behind all the post-settlement posturing, neither side in the Alan Dershowitz sex case really wants their secrets out.
Vivia Chen : The Careerist : April 11, 2016
Dershowitz's opponents say they're willing to waive confidentiality. Is he?
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : April 08, 2016
Mossack Fonseca says it hasn't yet hired outside counsel. What kind of lawyers will it need?
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : April 07, 2016
The résumés of Chief Judge Merrick Garland's clerks, taken together, form a somewhat homogeneous drawing. They are the standouts from only the most elite of law school classes, then the majority sail into U.S. Supreme Court clerkships and ride the fast track to law industry, government and intellectual success. The NLJ crunched numbers on all former and current Garland clerks, looking at where the 75 lawyers attended law school and where they've worked since. Garland's universe of former clerks illuminates both his connections and influence.