- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 282
- Gross Revenues: $345,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,225,000
- Profits Per Partner: $3,025,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Boies, Schiller & Flexner is an Armonk-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Boies, Schiller & Flexner has 263 attorneys and is the 167th largest firm in the United States. With $345,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 91st on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in CA, DC, FL, MA, NH, NJ, NV and NY.
In the News
Carlyn Kolker : The American Lawyer : May 25, 2015
The original "Engle" tobacco class action is long gone, but its progeny live on. Now the verdicts and settlements are mounting.
Michael D. Goldhaber : The American Lawyer : May 20, 2015
With or without a grand bargain, victims of Iranian terror expect to get paid.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : May 19, 2015
Two months after the Supreme Court refused to undo certification of a "gargantuan" antitrust class action, a half-dozen foam manufacturers have agreed to pay big bucks to bow out of the price-fixing case.
Julie Triedman : The Litigation Daily : May 18, 2015
Amid its $20 billion triumph for the FHFA, Quinn Emanuel is facing scrutiny over the firm's latest litigation venture for the U.S. government.
Mark Hamblett : New York Law Journal : May 15, 2015
Assistant U.S. Attorney Randall Jackson, who helped prosecute five employees of Bernard Madoff for their role in his record-breaking Ponzi scheme, is leaving the Southern District to become a partner at Boies, Schiller & Flexner.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 15, 2015
As the one-year anniversary of the firm's creation draws near, several more Squire Patton Boggs partners seek new homes; Baker & Hostetler brings on roughly 30 lawyers from McKenna Long & Aldridge ahead of the latter's June 1 merger with Dentons; Boies, Schiller & Flexner bags another federal prosecutor; Greenberg Traurig grows in Poland; and more notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : May 13, 2015
Hilarie Bass, the highest-ranking woman at Greenberg Traurig, is running unopposed to become the 141st president of the American Bar Association.
: Bloomberg : May 13, 2015
For three decades—at least since a June 1986 New York Times Sunday Magazine cover story anointed him "The Wall Street Lawyer Everyone Wants"—Boies has reigned as the country's premier litigator.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : May 12, 2015
In yet another dispute alleging that Goldman Sachs marketed a CDO that it was wagering would fail, a FINRA panel sided with the bank's adversaries at Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 11, 2015
McKenna Long & Aldridge, O'Melveny & Myers and Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman see more partners peel away; a former Bingham McCutchen tax partner rejoins her former colleagues at Morgan, Lewis & Bockius; a Latham & Watkins antitrust litigator launches her own boutique; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Noreen Marcus : Daily Business Review : May 11, 2015
Tucker Ronzetti, who has written about mistakes in closing arguments for the Florida Bar Journal, said the Ferraro firm averted a disaster by admitting to an error and salvaging a $5 million tobacco verdict.
: The Recorder : May 11, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
: New York Law Journal : May 11, 2015
The New York Law Journal congratulates the 50 young lawyers chosen as 2015 Rising Stars by a panel of 24 esteemed judges.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : May 08, 2015
Jurors learned Friday how disgraced investor Luke Brugnara's path crossed with that of Bay Area defense lawyer David Shapiro, a former federal prosecutor.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : May 07, 2015
Heather King had helped represent the medical tech company in a patent dispute last year.
: VerdictSearch : May 06, 2015
Andrew Keshner : New York Law Journal : May 05, 2015
American Express cannot impede merchants from expressing preferences or offering incentives for consumers to use certain cards, a judge decided after already determining the company violated antitrust laws with its anti-steering rules.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 05, 2015
Despite a recent spate of departures, K&L Gates absorbed three-partner Moltz Morton & Glenn in Austin, Texas; Cozen O'Connor brings on a 10-lawyer state attorneys general group from Dickstein Shapiro; White & Case raids Clifford Chance in the Middle East; and more notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The National Law Journal : May 04, 2015
: The National Law Journal : May 04, 2015
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : May 04, 2015
Cementing a victory for Barclays plc and its lawyers at Boies, Schiller & Flexner, the U.S. Supreme Court on Monday cleared the way for Barclays to keep some $4 billion in a long-running asset dispute stemming from the bank's frenzied 2008 buyout of Lehman Brothers' brokerage business.
Vivia Chen : The Careerist : April 29, 2015
Boies strikes back at Dershowitz. And Dershowitz counters.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 28, 2015
Another batch of lawyers departs McKenna Long & Aldridge ahead of its merger with Dentons; several Edwards Wildman Palmer legacy partners find new homes; Boies, Schiller & Flexner brings on a Justice Department veteran; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Matthew L. Schwartz : The American Lawyer : April 27, 2015
The law makes it easier to prove that a company acted willfully.
Jenna Greene : The National Law Journal : April 27, 2015
Facing stiff regulatory resistance, Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Cable Inc. on April 24 abandoned their $45 billion merger more than a year after the deal was announced.
Scott Flaherty and Rebekah Mintzer : The American Lawyer : April 27, 2015
Chen-Oster v. Goldman Sachs; SmartFlash v. Apple; Carpenter v. Ace Foam; In re Forex Benchmark Rates Antitrust Litigation
Matthew L. Schwartz : Corporate Counsel : April 27, 2015
While there are any number of reasons why executives aren't prosecuted more often, one question deserves attention: Can a corporation commit a crime, even though none of its employees did?
Andrew Denney : New York Law Journal : April 23, 2015
A Long Island judge gave preliminary approval Tuesday to a settlement between the cofounders of AriZona Iced Tea to help end their seven-year court dispute.
Vivia Chen : The Careerist : April 23, 2015
Another twist in the case involving allegations of underage sex and the Harvard professor.
Jenna Greene : The National Law Journal : April 23, 2015
Facing stiff regulatory resistance, Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Cable are expected to pull the plug on their $45 billion merger more than a year after the deal was announced. A lawyer involved in the process said the companies could not persuade the Federal Communications Commission that the merger offered sufficient benefits for consumers.