- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Indianapolis
- Head Count: 522
- Gross Revenues: $344,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $660,000
- Profits Per Partner: $855,000
- Year Over Year Change: -89
Barnes & Thornburg is an Indianapolis-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Barnes & Thornburg has 522 attorneys and is the 81st largest firm in the United States. With $344,000,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 89th on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in CA, DC, DE, GA, IL, IN, MI, MN and OH.
In the News
Kathleen Baydala Joyner : Daily Report : January 23, 2015
DeKalb County Superior Court Judge Asha Jackson was just 36 when Gov. Nathan Deal appointed her in 2012 to fill the seat vacated by veteran Judge Michael Hancock.
: The National Law Journal : January 12, 2015
Lateral moves at D.C. firms.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : December 30, 2014
A pair of ex-firm leaders head elsewhere; embattled Japanese air bag maker Takata hires a high-profile Simpson Thacher litigator to become in-house legal chief of its North American unit; a Skadden tax lawyer heads to the federal bench; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : December 09, 2014
A leading French M&A lawyer heads to Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom in Paris; King & Spalding brings back a former partner and sees its M&A cohead head to the NFL; Squire Patton Boggs makes it rain Down Under and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : December 09, 2014
Jennifer Moseley has joined Morris Manning & Martin as a partner from Barnes & Thornburg, saying that her practice representing start-up companies and foreign-funded investment entities through the EB-5 visa program is becoming more real-estate oriented.
: The National Law Journal : December 08, 2014
Laterals, new arrivals, and a new practice group in this week's column.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : December 02, 2014
Ogletree Deakins, Quinn Emanuel and Winston & Strawn join the Houston hiring frenzy; Bingham McCutchen's exodus continues; three Howrey alums find a new home at Novak Druce; Jenner & Block brings on a former Deepwater Horizon task force head; Skadden adds one in London and more notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The National Law Journal : November 24, 2014
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Nate Beck : Legal Times : November 19, 2014
A federal judge Tuesday dismissed a company's claims that a competitor's low-bid $59.3 million offer to staff a terrorist screening center violated bidding regulations.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : November 18, 2014
Douglas Chandler and Bret Moore have joined forces to form Chandler & Moore Law, handling legal malpractice and personal injury cases.
: The Recorder : November 17, 2014
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 16, 2014
Edwards Wildman Palmer and Bingham McCutchen lawyers head for the exits; Kirkland & Ellis hires again from Covington & Burling; a quick turnaround for two Quinn Emanuel litigators; government roles beckon some big firm partners and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Lisa Holton : The National Law Journal : November 10, 2014
"I work with great lawyers who are all rowing in the same direction."
Katelyn Polantz : Legal Times : October 28, 2014
The NLJ looks at how the legal industry supports certain interests and people, and where lobbying horsepower could focus in the coming years. In this report, we've highlighted midterm election contributions to three powerful members of Congress.
Brian Baxter and Wenxiong Zhang : The Am Law Daily : October 24, 2014
Eight months after leaving Kirkland & Ellis for McDermott Will & Emery, private equity partner Leonard Klingbaum is on the move again; Greenberg Traurig hires a former California Senate leader; Weil, Gotshal & Manges adds a high-yield partner in London; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : October 15, 2014
New Jersey homegrown firms are competing to represent the country's richest corporations in litigation matters, while outside firms with strong presences in the state are doing just as well if not better, a recent survey has shown.
: The National Law Journal : October 13, 2014
New arrivals and lateral moves in this week's column.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 07, 2014
Bingham McCutchen has one partner left in London following the departure of a restructuring specialist for King & Spalding, which lost the founder of its London office to General Electric. Meanwhile, Schiff Hardin heads to Dallas, along with other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 03, 2014
Gibson Dunn, Kaye Scholer and Paul Hastings all made major lateral hires in London this week by raiding their British brethren. The Am Law Daily looks at those moves and more in our latest tally of hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 20, 2014
The Magic Circle firm's New York hiring spree continued, although one partner has left the London-based legal giant's office in Washington, D.C., for a top in-house job at Chevron. The Am Law Daily looks at those moves and more in our latest tally of notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 17, 2014
Jorge Alers, a former head of the Latin American practice at two Am Law 100 firms and most recently general counsel for the Inter-American Development Bank, is on the lookout for potential combinations as the new CEO of Dentons' Latin American and Caribbean group. The Am Law Daily takes an in-house focused look at the latest round of notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Lisa Holton : The National Law Journal : September 15, 2014
General Counsel H. Edward Wynn leads an eight-member team with outposts in Brazil, Europe and China.
: The National Law Journal : August 25, 2014
Lisa Holton : The National Law Journal : August 25, 2014
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 21, 2014
Miller Canfield reaps big bucks from the rebranded Thomas M. Cooley Law School; Gibson Dunn's legal bills in New Jersey's Bridgegate scandal break the $6 million mark; a look at what a trio of trade organizations are paying a handful of Am Law 100 firms and the Wikimedia Foundation's simian copyright campaign.
Jeff Mordock and Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Delaware Law Weekly : August 06, 2014
Intellectual property boutique Novak Druce Connolly Bove + Quigg has expanded into Philadelphia, opening the Houston-based firm's ninth office.
: The National Law Journal : August 04, 2014
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.