- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Chicago
- Head Count: 4,363
- Gross Revenues: $2,430,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $555,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,140,000
- Year Over Year Change: -1
Baker & McKenzie is a Chicago-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2016 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Baker & McKenzie has 4363 attorneys and is the 1st largest firm in the United States. With $2,430,000,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 3rd on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2015 Global 100 survey, Baker & McKenzie ranked as the 2nd highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, FL, IL, NY, Ontario and TX.
In the News
Gina Passarella : Daily Business Review : July 11, 2016
Law firms with an appetite for expansion are coming to South Florida, but it's a challenging venture.
Ian Lopez : Legaltech News : July 07, 2016
Lexology's free analytics-enabled Lexology Navigator provides fundamentals in cross-border regulation comparison and a platform for international legal experts to provide content.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 06, 2016
L. Howard Belknap will become firmwide COO at Jackson, Mississippi-based Butler Snow.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : July 04, 2016
Results were based on brand awareness interviews of 630 senior in-house lawyers conducted by London-based market research firm Acritas.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 01, 2016
A deal between DLA Piper and Kabul's Kakar Advocates is said to be a first for the region.
Rebecca Geiger : Focus Europe : July 01, 2016
The law firms with roles in the largest recent M&A deals across Europe.
: The American Lawyer : July 01, 2016
Rose Walker : The Am Law Daily : June 30, 2016
On the heels of the U.K.'s vote to leave the European Union, two corporate partners are leaving Latham & Watkins, including the latter's Frankfurt office leader, to open a new outpost for Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher.
Jennifer Henderson, Nell Gluckman and Gina Passarella : New York Law Journal : June 28, 2016
The United Kingdom's historic vote to leave the European Union came among one of the busiest lateral hiring sprees by U.S. law firms in London, but that growth may be put to the test as clients themselves ponder exiting the market.
Julie Triedman : Daily Business Review : June 28, 2016
Since January, the world has watched a slow-motion disaster unfolding in Venezuela, where critical shortages of food and medicine are fueling chaos. Inside the country, a handful of international firms are doing their best to ride out the crisis, while others have already jumped ship.
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : June 27, 2016
But merger-hungry, mid tier firms new to the list may represent the Big Law firms of the future.
: The National Law Journal : June 27, 2016
New arrivals and lateral moves in this week's column.
Jennifer Henderson : Daily Business Review : June 24, 2016
When it comes to matching Cravath, Swaine & Moore's base salary bump for associates — which will see first-years earn $180,000 and eighth-years rake in $315,000 — firms with big Florida bases are a mixed bag, with the definition of "top of market" becoming increasingly nuanced.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : June 20, 2016
Amid food shortages and rising political unrest, major firms in Caracas are doing what they can to weather the storm.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 20, 2016
Amid more departures, K&L Gates seeks to grow; Akin Gump and Reed Smith hire from Winston & Strawn; Fox Rothschild reels in a leading Twin Cities litigator; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : June 16, 2016
Between celebrating the opening of a $5.5 billion theme park in Shanghai and girding for the legal aftermath of a gruesome alligator attack in Orlando, Disney has had quite a week.
Lizzy McLellan : Daily Business Review : June 15, 2016
Former prosecutor and longtime Baker & McKenzie partner Lee Stapleton has joined K&L Gates in Miami, becoming the fifth lawyer to join the office since May.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 13, 2016
Former eBay general counsel Michael Jacobson returns to Cooley in Silicon Valley; a Kirkland & Ellis seeks a shave; Greenberg Traurig grows in Israel; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : June 10, 2016
Baker & McKenzie's decision to elect London managing partner Paul Rawlinson as its next global chair provides telling insight into the mindset and priorities of the firm's partnership.
SUE REISINGER : Corporate Counsel : June 10, 2016
The announcement by Royal Dutch Shell that it plans to open an offshore legal operations center illustrates a growing trend, according to industry experts.
Ian Lopez : Legaltech News : June 08, 2016
Shell's internal auditing and scrutiny of fee arrangements helped the legal department better integrate itself into business processes.
Ian Lopez : Legaltech News : June 07, 2016
A pro bono Baker & McKenzie lawyer discusses the event and other legal tech efforts to address child welfare.
Monika Gonzalez Mesa : Daily Business Review : May 27, 2016
Requests for bribes is common in some countries, but experts offer four tips for avoiding and responding to illegal solicitations.
Monika Gonzalez Mesa : Daily Business Review : May 26, 2016
U.S. contractors face different legal challenges in Latin America, but there are strategies that can help.
Chris Johnson : The Am Law Daily : May 25, 2016
Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan is expanding its European presence with the launch of a new office in Switzerland under partner Thomas Werlen. Zurich-based FIFA, soccer's global governing body, is a major client of the firm.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 25, 2016
Silicon Valley stalwart Fenwick & West is poised to set up shop in the Big Apple; Boies Schiller brings on two more litigators; Ropes & Gray grabs another private equity pro in London; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : May 23, 2016
Law firms are in an arms race over who can offer the best paternal leave policies, but at some firms, fathers aren't taking all the time offered.
: Legaltech News : May 20, 2016
A roundup of blog posts and other musings from around the legal tech community.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : May 19, 2016
A half-dozen big firms are advising on two key transactions in the embattled energy space, as a pair of oil field services companies and natural gas producers agree to combine.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 18, 2016
A half-dozen big firms shuffled practice leaders within the past week; Skadden snags a high-profile arbitration expert in Hong Kong; the founding partner of Weil's Rhode Island office departs; and other notable laterals from throughout The Am Law 200.