- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Chicago
- Head Count: 4,245
- Gross Revenues: $2,540,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $600,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,290,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Baker & McKenzie is a Chicago-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2013 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Baker & McKenzie has 4004 attorneys and is the 2nd largest firm in the United States. With $2,313,000,000 in gross revenue in 2012, the firm placed 2nd on The American Lawyer's 2013 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2011 Global 100 survey, Baker & McKenzie ranked as the 1st highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in Asia Pacific, Latin America, North America, Europe, Middle East, and Africa.
In the News
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : July 03, 2015
Former White & Case lawyer Joel Greer specializes in international arbitration.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : July 03, 2015
Finance partner Prashanth Venkatesh was most recently at the former Amarchand & Mangaldas & Suresh A. Shroff & Co. in Bangalore.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 03, 2015
M&A league tables for the first half of 2015 compiled by Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters show Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom leading the pack among legal advisers, while several other Am Law 100 firms prepare to fete the Fourth of July with some insurance-related transactional work.
Zach Warren : Legaltech News : July 01, 2015
LexBlog, Inc. has released its 2015 Am Law 200 Blog Benchmark Report, and it found that more firms than ever are turning to blogging.
Michael D. Goldhaber : Focus Europe : July 01, 2015
The 10 biggest disputes from our 2015 survey, ranked by the amount in controversy.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : July 01, 2015
Global law firms are keeping a cautious eye on India as the government moves closer to lifting the protectionist regulations that have barred foreign firms from the country.
Rebecca Geiger : Global Lawyer News : July 01, 2015
In the largest recent M&A deals across Europe, which law firms got the work?
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 01, 2015
A leading structured finance team leaves Ashurst for Paul Hastings; a Quinn Emanuel associate development director moves on; Dentons closes on a combination; DLA Piper bolts on a boutique Down Under; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
: Corporate Counsel : July 01, 2015
Julie Triedman : New York Law Journal : June 30, 2015
A senior partner in top management at failed Dewey & LeBoeuf indicated to jurors at the criminal trial of the firm's former top executives that news of the investigation by the Manhattan District Attorney's Office was linked to both the end of merger talks and the collapse of the firm a month later.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : June 29, 2015
Defense lawyers for three former Dewey & LeBoeuf executives had some tough questions during their cross-examination of a former executive committee member from the now-defunct firm.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
Senate Finance Committee chair Orrin Hatch joins Microsoft in attacking the IRS' choice of counsel in a case against the tech giant.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : June 25, 2015
Jones Day, Baker & McKenzie and Deacons all had roles on an investment into real estate company Chongbang.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 25, 2015
From Fitbit to Fogo de Chão, capital markets lawyers at Am Law 100 firms are reaping the benefits from a fresh round of initial public offerings, as June shapes up to be potentially the best month by volume for U.S. listings since 1999.
: VerdictSearch : June 24, 2015
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 23, 2015
A month after opening a second office in Los Angeles, Sidley Austin raids Paul Hastings for a real estate pro; Proskauer Rose picks up a regional private equity head from Baker & McKenzie; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Tania Karas : Global Lawyer News : June 23, 2015
Lawyers grapple with government-imposed online restrictions that have snared even Internet giants such as Google and Facebook.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : June 17, 2015
Howard Jiang joins from newly merged Locke Lord.
By Leigh Jones : The National Law Journal : June 17, 2015
Here are some of the details from the NLJ 350 Regional Report, part of The National Law Journal's survey of the nation's largest 350 law firms.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : June 15, 2015
A tough market for legal services has prompted many U.S. students to drop the idea of going to law school at all. Their Chinese peers, however, think studying in the States is exactly the edge they need to overcome their own employment hurdles.
Andrew Keshner : New York Law Journal : June 10, 2015
A judge agreed to convert Swiss judgments that Baker & McKenzie obtained against two former clients to judgments in his court, but he denied the firm's motion for summary judgment in lieu of a complaint for a third individual.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : June 10, 2015
David Gibbons returns to firm life after about four years operating as a solo practitioner in Singapore and New York.
: The National Law Journal : June 09, 2015
Take a look at highlights from the 2015 NLJ 350 — with GIFs!
: The National Law Journal : June 08, 2015
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : June 08, 2015
Less than 1 percent increase in total partners and zero expansion in associate ranks in 2014.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : May 29, 2015
The British firm has hired from Korea's Lee & Ko, Singapore's Rodyk & Davidson and Australia's Minter Ellison.
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : May 28, 2015
Facing trial, the failed firm's leaders blame Dewey's demise on the Manhattan DA's office.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : May 28, 2015
Could your firm benefit from these strategies for better retention, promotion and mentoring of women?
: The American Lawyer : May 28, 2015
Jesse Londin : Legaltech News : May 28, 2015
For entrepreneurs north of the border, the newly-launched Legal Innovation Zone at Ryerson University in Toronto brands itself as Canada's first legal incubator.