- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Chicago
- Head Count: 4,363
- Gross Revenues: $2,430,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $555,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,140,000
- Year Over Year Change: -1
Baker & McKenzie is a Chicago-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2013 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Baker & McKenzie has 4004 attorneys and is the 2nd largest firm in the United States. With $2,313,000,000 in gross revenue in 2012, the firm placed 2nd on The American Lawyer's 2013 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2011 Global 100 survey, Baker & McKenzie ranked as the 1st highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in Asia Pacific, Latin America, North America, Europe, Middle East, and Africa.
In the News
Monika Gonzalez Mesa : Daily Business Review : May 26, 2016
U.S. contractors face different legal challenges in Latin America, but there are strategies that can help.
Chris Johnson : The Am Law Daily : May 25, 2016
Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan is expanding its European presence with the launch of a new office in Switzerland under partner Thomas Werlen. Zurich-based FIFA, soccer's global governing body, is a major client of the firm.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 25, 2016
Silicon Valley stalwart Fenwick & West is poised to set up shop in the Big Apple; Boies Schiller brings on two more litigators; Ropes & Gray grabs another private equity pro in London; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : May 23, 2016
Law firms are in an arms race over who can offer the best paternal leave policies, but at some firms, fathers aren't taking all the time offered.
: Legaltech News : May 20, 2016
A roundup of blog posts and other musings from around the legal tech community.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : May 19, 2016
A half-dozen big firms are advising on two key transactions in the embattled energy space, as a pair of oil field services companies and natural gas producers agree to combine.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 18, 2016
A half-dozen big firms shuffled practice leaders within the past week; Skadden snags a high-profile arbitration expert in Hong Kong; the founding partner of Weil's Rhode Island office departs; and other notable laterals from throughout The Am Law 200.
Sue Reisinger : Corporate Counsel : May 17, 2016
These lawyers know how to mesh with the business. They also know how to take on the competition.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : May 17, 2016
Corporate partner Stephen Tan advises on cross-border deals and compliance matters.
Frances Ivens : The Am Law Daily : May 15, 2016
Research into recent recruitment trends by international firms in London has found that they brought in over 20 percent more partners in 2015 than the year before, with total partner numbers climbing by 6 percent across the group year-on-year.
Julie Triedman : Global Lawyer News : May 13, 2016
Hausfeld LLP and Motley Rice are playing big roles in litigation on behalf of more than a half-million South African miners sickened with silicosis and tuberculosis. On May 13 a court in Johannesburg ruled that the massive suit could move forward.
Zach Warren : Legaltech News : May 12, 2016
Matt Todd will be tasked with expanding the company's legal operations consulting division for both legal departments and law firms.
Frances Ivens : Legal Week : May 10, 2016
Kent Phillips joins the Anglo-American firm in Singapore.
Mike Scarcella : Legal Times : May 10, 2016
U.S. Supreme Court nominee Merrick Garland today is expected to send the Senate a questionnaire, even if the Judiciary Committee didn't ask for one. The Justice Department and North Carolina square off over the state's controversial "bathroom bill." This is a roundup from ALM and other publications.
Ian Lopez : Legaltech News : May 10, 2016
Stroz Friedberg's Steve Whetstone discusses three issues confronting e-discovery today.
Anna Zhang and Brian Baxter : The Asian Lawyer : May 10, 2016
These include eight Asia 100 firms from China, Singapore and Korea as well as other notable firms such as Hong Kong's Deacons.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : May 09, 2016
The first quarter of 2016 delivered a shock to firms focused on corporate and capital markets who saw a freeze in deals. Looking ahead, several law firm leaders say the uncertainty prompted by global events and the presidential election could impact legal spend for the rest of the year.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 08, 2016
Plenty of familiar names from The Am Law 200 and Global 100 appeared in an early version of a searchable online database drawn from the leaked files of offshore firm Mossack Fonseca.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : May 05, 2016
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Ed Silverstein : Legaltech News : May 05, 2016
Between 60 and 70 percent of the respondents said organizations will need to spend at least some of, or significantly more of, their budget to comply with the GDPR.
Richard Levick, LEVICK : Legaltech News : May 02, 2016
There is now an urgency that wasn't there before, simply because events have called into question the very ability of law firms to protect data.
Ian Lopez : Legaltech News : April 29, 2016
The new app sheds insight on background check standards in over 50 jurisdictions globally.
Ricci Dipshan : Legaltech News : April 29, 2016
The evolution of cyberthreats has left law firms struggling to shore up defenses against breaches, extortion and employee targeting.
Ricci Dipshan : Legaltech News : April 29, 2016
A roundup of blog posts and other musings from in and around the legal tech community.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 28, 2016
Abbott Labs seeks to buy St. Jude Medical for $25 billion; Sanofi makes a $9.3 billion bid for Medivation; AbbVie offers $5.8 billion for Stemcentrx; and a look at the big firms behind those proposed megadeals.
Chris Johnson : The Am Law Daily : April 28, 2016
Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle will become one of the small number of international firms with offices in Switzerland when it opens in Geneva next month.
Ian Lopez : Legaltech News : April 28, 2016
The 2016 Global Surveillance Law Comparison Guide and Heat Maps aim to help companies get clarity on the many regulatory hurdles they may face.
Ben W. Heineman Jr. : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Five things to know about legal spending. (Hint: Your goals aren't their goals.)
Susan Beck : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Even of the city's most prominent native firms are reducing their lawyer numbers there.
: The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
For the second year in a row, Latham & Watkins holds the top position on our gross revenue rankings, while three new firms moved onto the Am Law 100. Twenty-seven firms posted gross revenue of $1 billion or more.