- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Chicago
- Head Count: 4,245
- Gross Revenues: $2,540,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $600,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,290,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Baker & McKenzie is a Chicago-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2013 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Baker & McKenzie has 4004 attorneys and is the 2nd largest firm in the United States. With $2,313,000,000 in gross revenue in 2012, the firm placed 2nd on The American Lawyer's 2013 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2011 Global 100 survey, Baker & McKenzie ranked as the 1st highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in Asia Pacific, Latin America, North America, Europe, Middle East, and Africa.
In the News
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : The American Lawyer : November 25, 2015
International mergers are transforming the Canadian legal scene. Will Canadian law firms have to change their game?
: The Recorder : November 23, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 22, 2015
Mayer Brown adds a cybersecurity expert in Washington, D.C., while watching its Brazilian affiliate ramp up in São Paulo; Baker Botts makes some anniversary additions; a lobbying shakeup at Wilson Elser; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 18, 2015
New partners join K&L Gates in Sydney and Warsaw as the firm closes a U.S. office; Norton Rose Fulbright loses two practice leaders; Sutherland snags a Kaye Scholer project finance head; and other notable address changes from throughout The Am Law 200.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : November 16, 2015
It's not just that lawyers expect a surge in work once the treaty's ratified. It's the shape the work will take that's also drawn so much attention.
Nell Gluckman and Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 15, 2015
An environmental law expert heads to Oregon; Greenberg Traurig grabs two from McDermott in New York; Hogan Lovells hires a Latham & Watkins trio in Dubai; Ice Miller brings back a mayor; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : November 13, 2015
The U.K. firm first tested the waters in Myanmar through an alliance with local outfit Legal Network Consultants, but now it's diving in with an office of its own.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 09, 2015
Detroit-based Dickinson Wright launches a health care affiliate; Duane Morris hires a diversity leader; Quinn Emanuel starts a class action practice in Australia; Sidley expands in Los Angeles; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Zach Warren : Legaltech News : November 04, 2015
Legaltech News runs down the movements from legal technology movers and shakers
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : November 04, 2015
The move marked the second New York lateral hire for Linklaters in the past week.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : November 03, 2015
With its announcement of new planned megamergers in Australia and Singapore, Dentons sent a clear message: Bigger is better. But the latest deals also highlight the uncertainties of Dentons' aggressive growth strategy.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : November 02, 2015
A decade after lawyers gained access to the Guantánamo prison, the detainees' legal status remains grim—and time is running out.
: The National Law Journal : November 02, 2015
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
: The National Law Journal : November 02, 2015
Cases recently filed in the Washington-area district courts.
Kim Kleman : The American Lawyer : November 01, 2015
In Obama's final months, the "Gitmo bar" doubles down.
Jennifer Henderson and Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 28, 2015
Douglas Tween, chair of Baker & McKenzie's white-collar practice and head of the firm's New York litigation department, is headed to Magic Circle firm Linklaters; Cravath hires from Simpson Thacher; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Chris Johnson : The Am Law Daily : October 27, 2015
After earlier retreats for White & Case in Hungary and Romania, sources say the firm is now poised to lose virtually its entire Polish litigation practice to Baker & McKenzie and Greenberg Traurig.
: New Jersey Law Journal : October 23, 2015
David Ruiz : The Recorder : October 22, 2015
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : October 22, 2015
Despite continued consolidation in the chipmaking sector, it was a real estate deal with a history steeped in the global financial crisis that was a reunion of sorts for several Am Law 100 firms.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : October 21, 2015
Here are some tips for managing employees working abroad.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : October 21, 2015
We've broadened the scope for our second annual awards recognizing the top matters and lawyers in Southeast Asia and India, bringing the total number of categories to 25 from 17.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : October 21, 2015
Deal lawyers seeing frenzied pace as consolidation continues with purchases of $19 billion and $10.6 billion, respectively.
Brian Baxter and Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : October 18, 2015
Crowell & Moring picks up a former disc jockey to head its London corporate group, while another controversial partner departs; Cahill Gordon & Reindel hires from Credit Suisse; Orrick adds in Germany; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : October 15, 2015
Cross-border merger and acquisition deals are going strong this year.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : October 15, 2015
Could Dell's $67 billion buy of EMC Corp. and the $104 billion union of beer giants Anheuser-Busch InBev and SABMiller point to a grand M&A finale for 2015?
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : October 14, 2015
Former Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton partner Sonia Baldia will be based in Washington, D.C.
: Daily Business Review : October 14, 2015
The Baker & McKenzie partner and former federal prosecutor calls what she does "representing people with situations."
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : October 13, 2015
The Hong Kong firm has recruited Michael Withington from local litigation boutique Gall.
The Recorder : The Recorder : October 09, 2015
See the five serial innovators, five incubating institutions, and ten innovative ideas recognized by Recorder editors.