- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Chicago
- Head Count: 4,245
- Gross Revenues: $2,540,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $600,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,290,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Baker & McKenzie is a Chicago-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2013 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Baker & McKenzie has 4004 attorneys and is the 2nd largest firm in the United States. With $2,313,000,000 in gross revenue in 2012, the firm placed 2nd on The American Lawyer's 2013 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2011 Global 100 survey, Baker & McKenzie ranked as the 1st highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in Asia Pacific, Latin America, North America, Europe, Middle East, and Africa.
In the News
Susan Beck : The Am Law Daily : August 24, 2015
China's stock tumble, with its nerve-rattling aftershocks in the U.S., may cause law firms to further scrutinize their strategy in Asia.
: The American Lawyer : August 24, 2015
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : August 24, 2015
The billable hour may rule for now, but alternative fee arrangements are being used in almost every type of legal work, even in the largest transactions and disputes. Clients say they like the predictability; some firms are openly resistant. Who will win?
Chris Johnson : The Am Law Daily : August 23, 2015
Baker & McKenzie, having lost its position as the world's largest-grossing law firm earlier this year to Latham & Watkins, has now slipped behind second-ranked global rival DLA Piper after announcing declines in both revenue and profit.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : August 21, 2015
The Miami-based Am Law 100 is the latest to ramp up its operations in Mexico, picking up the co-founders of Mexico City's Orrantia y Robles and a Jones Day labor law expert. The hires come two months after Jones Day hired Greenberg Traurig's local managing partner.
Zach Warren : Legaltech News : August 20, 2015
Thomson Snell & Passmore has partnered with MobileIron, as well as its mobility specialist partner Appurity, to institute a new mobility strategy for its employees.
: New York Law Journal : August 20, 2015
Six firms announce new additions, BuckleySandler announces a promotion to partner, and Portolano Cavallo has opened its first U.S. representative office in New York for clients looking to make Italian investments or to establish and operate businesses in Italy.
Jennifer Henderson and Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : August 20, 2015
Sprout Pharmaceuticals didn't have to wait long for a big-name buyer to spring big bucks for the nascent drug developer. Sullivan & Cromwell took the lead for the company, founded in 2011, on its $1 billion sale this week to longtime Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom client Valeant Pharmaceuticals International.
Zach Warren : Legaltech News : August 19, 2015
Financial solutions platform SAP is used by 86 percent of Fortune 500 companies, as well as a significant number of the firm's clientele.
: The National Law Journal : August 17, 2015
A roundup of Washington, D.C. lateral moves and promotions.
: The National Law Journal : August 17, 2015
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : August 13, 2015
Google turns to its longtime M&A counsel at Cleary Gottlieb to create a new holding company for the search giant, plus a rundown of this week's other megadeals and the law firms scrambling to keep them on track.
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : August 13, 2015
The Miami legal community and members of the Venezuelan American Bar Assocation are reeling over the death of John Pate, the father of White & Case Miami associate who was murdered at his upscale Caracas home.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : August 13, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : August 12, 2015
The firm announced Wednesday that it has formally hung up a shingle in Mexico City, where the firm will serve clients capitalizing on Mexico's unfolding energy sector reform.
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : August 12, 2015
Is Dubai hotter than Abu Dhabi? Herbert Smith Freehills, Latham and Baker Botts think so.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : August 11, 2015
Manatt loses another partner to Sidley in Los Angeles; Debevoise makes do with a pair of IP departures; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
: Texas Lawyer : August 10, 2015
Michael McMillin has joined Thompson & Knight as an associate in the firm's government and regulatory group in Austin.
: The Recorder : August 10, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Review staff : Daily Business Review : August 10, 2015
The Daily Business Review will recognize the group of attorneys with notable achievements in law at an Oct. 14 luncheon in Miami.
: The National Law Journal : August 10, 2015
Lateral moves in this week's column.
Mike Seemuth : Daily Business Review : August 07, 2015
Pay raises for corporate general counsel are hardly automatic. Incentive pay, bonus income and stock awards tend to ebb and flow from year to year.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : August 06, 2015
Therese Williams is rejoining Baker & McKenzie after nearly eight years at Hewlett-Packard.
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : August 03, 2015
Covington & Burling, at the top of The National Law Journal's list of Washington's largest firms for the second consecutive year, added about 15 total lawyers last year in a time when elite firms, especially ones that focus on litigation, find the most ability to expand in Washington.
: Texas Lawyer : July 31, 2015
Bruce Pinegar has joined The Woodlands office of Winstead as an associate in the firm's wealth preservation practice group.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : July 30, 2015
Hong Kong's Link REIT is buying two office buildings and retail space in the city's Xintiandi area.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 30, 2015
A bevy of transactions in the pharmaceutical industry and industrial sector in Europe helped make the past week a big one for M&A, with more than a dozen billion-dollar deals being announced.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : July 28, 2015
A select group of Am Law 200 firms are among those touted by Working Mother magazine and consulting firm Flex-Time Lawyers for their annual look at the 50 best firms for women, based on metrics like family-friendly policies and percentage of female partners.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Debevoise & Plimpton is advising the target, New York Stock Exchange-listed StanCorp, on the deal.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 27, 2015
Baker & McKenzie opens a back-office outpost in Northern Ireland while making a high-profile addition in London; a bevy of moves at Buchanan Ingersoll; Stroock raids Squire Patton Boggs; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.