- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Chicago
- Head Count: 4,245
- Gross Revenues: $2,540,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $600,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,290,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Baker & McKenzie is a Chicago-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2013 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Baker & McKenzie has 4004 attorneys and is the 2nd largest firm in the United States. With $2,313,000,000 in gross revenue in 2012, the firm placed 2nd on The American Lawyer's 2013 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2011 Global 100 survey, Baker & McKenzie ranked as the 1st highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in Asia Pacific, Latin America, North America, Europe, Middle East, and Africa.
In the News
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : August 03, 2015
Covington & Burling, at the top of The National Law Journal's list of Washington's largest firms for the second consecutive year, added about 15 total lawyers last year in a time when elite firms, especially ones that focus on litigation, find the most ability to expand in Washington.
: Texas Lawyer : July 31, 2015
Bruce Pinegar has joined The Woodlands office of Winstead as an associate in the firm's wealth preservation practice group.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : July 30, 2015
Hong Kong's Link REIT is buying two office buildings and retail space in the city's Xintiandi area.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 30, 2015
A bevy of transactions in the pharmaceutical industry and industrial sector in Europe helped make the past week a big one for M&A, with more than a dozen billion-dollar deals being announced.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : July 28, 2015
A select group of Am Law 200 firms are among those touted by Working Mother magazine and consulting firm Flex-Time Lawyers for their annual look at the 50 best firms for women, based on metrics like family-friendly policies and percentage of female partners.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Debevoise & Plimpton is advising the target, New York Stock Exchange-listed StanCorp, on the deal.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 27, 2015
Baker & McKenzie opens a back-office outpost in Northern Ireland while making a high-profile addition in London; a bevy of moves at Buchanan Ingersoll; Stroock raids Squire Patton Boggs; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Is Dubai hotter than Abu Dhabi? Herbert Smith Freehills, Latham and Baker Botts think so.
American Lawyer staff reporting : The Asian Lawyer : July 24, 2015
Am Law 200 and Global 100 firms active in China appear reluctant to join the bar associations around the world that have expressed support for the lawyers detained by the Chinese government in July.
Michael D. Goldhaber : The Am Law Daily : July 23, 2015
The contest attracted 225 strong entries across 30 categories, and honors firms and legal departments involved in the globe's most distinguished deals, disputes and social initiatives.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 22, 2015
Three months after finalizing its combination with Canada's Davis, DLA Piper is once again expanding north of the border, picking up four corporate partners from a Toronto firm.
: The Recorder : July 20, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 20, 2015
The head of Dickstein Shapiro's insurance coverage practice leads nine other lawyers to Los Angeles-based Liner; Morgan, Lewis & Bockius hires two more partners in London; and other notable new roles from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The National Law Journal : July 20, 2015
New arrivals and lateral moves in this week's column.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : July 17, 2015
Companies that are experiencing large-scale employee layoffs need to pay attention to the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 17, 2015
The two Am Law 100 firms and a pair of Canadian shops have picked up work on a pickup site deal that will see Barry Diller-backed The Match Group buy PlentyofFish Media for $575 million in cash.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : July 15, 2015
Stephen Schrader joins the firm's San Francisco office from Baker & McKenzie.
Chris DiMarco : Legaltech News : July 13, 2015
Technology offers law firms incredible possibilities, but making them work takes effort.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : July 10, 2015
Fifteen years after opening in the Chinese capital, the firm has chosen to run its China practice from New York and London.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 08, 2015
The Beltway base of Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld absorbs two veteran litigators; Hogan Lovells hires three Baker Botts litigators in Texas; McDermott and Pillsbury poach new partners; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 08, 2015
Ottawa-based Gowling Lafleur Henderson and British firm Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co. have announced plans to merge into a 1,400-lawyer firm called Gowling WLG. But the combined Anglo-Canadian giant is uninterested in a tie-up with a U.S. partner.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : July 03, 2015
Former White & Case lawyer Joel Greer specializes in international arbitration.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : July 03, 2015
Finance partner Prashanth Venkatesh was most recently at the former Amarchand & Mangaldas & Suresh A. Shroff & Co. in Bangalore.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 03, 2015
M&A league tables for the first half of 2015 compiled by Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters show Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom leading the pack among legal advisers, while several other Am Law 100 firms prepare to fete the Fourth of July with some insurance-related transactional work.
Zach Warren : Legaltech News : July 01, 2015
LexBlog, Inc. has released its 2015 Am Law 200 Blog Benchmark Report, and it found that more firms than ever are turning to blogging.
Michael D. Goldhaber : Focus Europe : July 01, 2015
The 10 biggest disputes from our 2015 survey, ranked by the amount in controversy.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : July 01, 2015
Global law firms are keeping a cautious eye on India as the government moves closer to lifting the protectionist regulations that have barred foreign firms from the country.
Rebecca Geiger : Global Lawyer News : July 01, 2015
In the largest recent M&A deals across Europe, which law firms got the work?
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 01, 2015
A leading structured finance team leaves Ashurst for Paul Hastings; a Quinn Emanuel associate development director moves on; Dentons closes on a combination; DLA Piper bolts on a boutique Down Under; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
: Corporate Counsel : July 01, 2015