- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Chicago
- Head Count: 4,087
- Gross Revenues: $2,419,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $590,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,200,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Baker & McKenzie is a Chicago-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2013 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Baker & McKenzie has 4004 attorneys and is the 2nd largest firm in the United States. With $2,313,000,000 in gross revenue in 2012, the firm placed 2nd on The American Lawyer's 2013 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2011 Global 100 survey, Baker & McKenzie ranked as the 1st highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in Asia Pacific, Latin America, North America, Europe, Middle East, and Africa.
In the News
Julie Triedman : Corporate Counsel : March 01, 2015
A blockbuster merger brings together a big international firm with China's biggest.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : March 01, 2015
A year after its bid to merge with now-defunct Canadian firm Heenan Blaikie fell through, DLA Piper has found a partner up north in Davis LLP, a 260-lawyer mid-tier firm based in Vancouver. The combination, effective in April, marks the latest combination of a U.S.-based global firm with one in Canada.
: New York Law Journal : February 27, 2015
Seven firms announce new additions.
Nell Gluckman : The American Lawyer : February 26, 2015
Online scammers are using law firm names to attract their victims.
: New York Law Journal : February 26, 2015
Pryor Cashman has elected litigation partner David Rose to a three-year term on its executive committee, Michael Spencer and Brian Kerr have opened Spencer Kerr, along with other announcements.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : February 26, 2015
In its boldest move yet, the verein is betting big on the Chinese economy.
Douglas McCollam : The American Lawyer : February 26, 2015
Long-haul flights. Time zone shifts. Calls and emails around the clock. When did the job of managing partner become so grueling?
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : February 25, 2015
London-based Trowers is the first to take advantage of changes in the country's law that had prohibited foreign firms from operating there. But other firms with a much bigger Southeast Asian presence aren't rushing in behind them.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : February 24, 2015
A data privacy expert joins Ropes & Gray on the West Coast; a former Bingham McCutchen practice leader lands at Mayer Brown; Epstein Becker & Green's 15-lawyer raid lands it an office in Princeton; Cleary Gottlieb hires a former Sullivan & Cromwell tax partner and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Michael D. Goldhaber : The Am Law Daily : February 24, 2015
In Robert Dell's final year as global chair, Latham & Watkins posted a record-high in gross revenue by hitting the $2.6 billion mark, as profits per partner, revenue per lawyer and net income also saw big gains.
: The Recorder : February 23, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : February 23, 2015
Energy lawyers are about to find out how well their practices run on cheap oil.
: Texas Lawyer : February 23, 2015
Rachel A. de Cordova has joined Phelps Dunbar in Houston as a partner in the regional marine and energy practice groups.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : February 19, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : February 17, 2015
Big firms take on more partners from Bingham McCutchen and Edwards Wildman Palmer; Dentons heads to Northern Virginia; King & Spalding snags a rival's IP litigation co-head; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Carlyn Kolker : The American Lawyer : February 17, 2015
As the door to Cuba cracks a little wider, some American firms are looking hard for opportunity. But foreign rivals already have a head start.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : February 16, 2015
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom represents Japanese company that closed joint venture with Houston-based Baylor College of Medicine.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : February 16, 2015
Troutman Sanders continued to grow last year, posting strong gains in revenue and profit on top of a solid 2013.
Lisa Hoffman : The National Law Journal : February 16, 2015
Ecolab Inc. general counsel James Seifert credits a Minnesota core value of community service for spurring him and his department to contribute their skills to help the state's homeless youths.
Susan Beck : The Am Law Daily : February 10, 2015
For the second straight year, Mayer Brown posted a double-digit rise in profits per partner, as gross revenue also increased. The firm's revenue was up 6.7 percent, to $1.223 billion and profits per partner jumped 12.8 percent, to $1.45 million. Revenue per lawyer increased 5.8 percent to $825,000, while net income moved up 17.4 percent to $405.5 million.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : February 05, 2015
The two Am Law 100 firms are poised to set up shop in Johannesburg and Cairo, respectively.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : February 04, 2015
Boies Schiller & Flexner partner Kathleen Smalley is headed to newly merged Locke Lord; Davis Polk poaches Greenberg Traurig's real estate chair in New York; three DLA Piper finance lawyers depart; Littler Mendelson heads to Maine; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The American Lawyer : February 03, 2015
Twenty of the most notable and intriguing lateral moves of the year.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : February 02, 2015
Although Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom landed at the top of research firm Acritas' annual survey measuring the strength of U.S. law firm brands for the fourth consecutive year, its rivals are closing in.
: The Recorder : February 02, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Nick Ferguson : The Asian Lawyer : February 02, 2015
We reveal the contenders for our annual awards ahead of a gala dinner in Hong Kong on March 3.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : February 01, 2015
Polsinelli, one of the Am Law 100's fastest-growing firms, churns through its partnership; Alston & Bird adds eight in Dallas; Freshfields hires again in New York; a Skadden practice leader goes in-house; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The Recorder : January 30, 2015
Jeffrey Rosenfeld of Kronenberger Rosenfeld represents a teacher who says school administrators spied on his Gmail and Facebook accounts after he was placed on leave.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : January 29, 2015
Arthur Apos has resigned from Ashurst after more than 20 years at the firm and legacy Blake Dawson.
: The American Lawyer : January 29, 2015
PetSmart, Riverbed LBOs; Merck / Cubist; Visteon Stake Sale; GIC / IndCor Properties; NextEra / Hawaiian Electric; Paramount Group IPO