- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Chicago
- Head Count: 4,087
- Gross Revenues: $2,419,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $590,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,200,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Baker & McKenzie is a Chicago-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2013 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Baker & McKenzie has 4004 attorneys and is the 2nd largest firm in the United States. With $2,313,000,000 in gross revenue in 2012, the firm placed 2nd on The American Lawyer's 2013 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2011 Global 100 survey, Baker & McKenzie ranked as the 1st highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in Asia Pacific, Latin America, North America, Europe, Middle East, and Africa.
In the News
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : April 01, 2015
In the run-up to the trial of former executives of Dewey & LeBoeuf, a Manhattan judge ruled Tuesday that the defense could argue that, if not for the departure of partners and publicity of the prosecutors' investigation, Dewey would have been able to "right itself and pay its debt."
Mary Welch : Daily Report : March 31, 2015
Joe Gaynor joined Columbian Chemicals Co. in 2010. It was acquired by the Aditya Birla Group in 2011 and now operates as Birla Carbon.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : March 30, 2015
Former Linklaters counsel Kyungseok Kim is the second PE partner to join White & Case from the Magic Circle firm's Hong Kong office this year.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : March 30, 2015
Norton Rose Fulbright has landed the lead position on Acritas' Canadian Law Firm Brand Index, bumping Blake, Cassels & Graydon, which slipped to second place.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : March 30, 2015
In April, the global firm acquires a substantial new footprint in Canada via a merger with Vancouver's 260-lawyer Davis.
: The American Lawyer : March 30, 2015
Energy Transfer Partners/Regency Energy; Deals in Brief
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 24, 2015
King & Spalding and Winston & Strawn continue their recent hiring sprees; Latham & Watkins lands one partner and lose two others; a longtime Reed Smith partner departs; Stroock snags a Goldman Sachs alum from Kirkland & Ellis; Wilmer brings back another former federal regulator; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Ed Silverstein : Law Technology News : March 24, 2015
The law is actually more far-reaching that some businesses may realize at first glance.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 20, 2015
Kutak Rock loses eight of its nine lawyers in Wichita to growing Am Law 200 firm Lewis Brisbois; Cahill makes a rare partner hire; Kasowitz and Polsinelli partners take entrepreneurial turns; musical chairs at McDermott; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Katelyn Polantz : Legal Times : March 18, 2015
One way to compete in the Washington legal industry is to announce your practice with a significant hire. This week, the trumpet blast was for Rajesh De, the former NSA general counsel who is returning to Mayer Brown.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : March 16, 2015
Partners at McKenna Long & Aldridge voted on Monday afternoon to merge with global megafirm Dentons, according to a McKenna partner.
Richard Acello : The National Law Journal : March 16, 2015
"There are lots of alternative creative ways to bill, and the hourly fee is slowly but surely dying."
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 15, 2015
McKenna Long & Aldridge, poised to vote Monday on a union with Dentons, saw two new partners depart because of conflicts; Morgan Lewis lures eight partners in Dallas ahead of another merger in Singapore; Winston & Strawn poaches 10 more partners from Pillsbury; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : March 13, 2015
McKenna Long & Aldridge's partners will vote Monday on whether to merge with global megafirm Dentons, said a McKenna partner and three sources close to the firms on Friday.
Ed Silverstein : Law Technology News : March 12, 2015
Despite any drawbacks, many argue it is time for the new regulation given that the last directive was put into effect 20 years ago.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 10, 2015
Sidley Austin and Katten Muchin Rosenman snag Vinson & Elkins partners in Houston; Honigman adds a former U.S. senator; K&L Gates bags eight lawyers in two cities; Mayer Brown and Chadbourne & Parke make additions in Mexico City; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : March 10, 2015
Recent reforms to the energy industry in Mexico have prompted Mayer Brown to establish an office in the country's capital city. Last year, Mexico opened up exploration and production to foreign investment for the first time in 75 years.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : March 09, 2015
The London-based firm will join forces with shipping boutique Legal Solutions to add a local law practice to its city-state office.
: The National Law Journal : March 09, 2015
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
: New York Law Journal : March 05, 2015
Additions and promotions at Venable, Goldberg Segalla and Lipsitz Green Scime Cambria.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : March 05, 2015
Big Pharma tops our latest roundup of deals worth $1 billion or more, with AbbVie Inc. agreeing to purchase cancer-drug maker Pharmacyclics Inc. for $21 billion. Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom advised on the most number of billion-dollar deals this week, with four, while Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz led the way by transaction value.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : March 04, 2015
Infrastructure specialist Paul Riethmuller is the third partner to join the office since it opened nearly a year ago.
Chris Johnson : The Am Law Daily : March 04, 2015
Despite flat revenues and a second consecutive drop in total lawyer head count, DLA Piper's net income rose by more than 10 percent in 2014, to a record high of $667 million. This increased efficiency pushed the firm's profit margin from 24 to 27 percent—its highest since 2008—while average profits per equity partner rose 12.5 percent, to $1.49 million, another firm record.
: The Asian Lawyer : March 04, 2015
On Tuesday night, The Asian Lawyer held its second annual Asia Legal Awards, celebrating the region's top law firms. As promised, here's the list of lucky winners.
Douglas McCollam : The American Lawyer : March 03, 2015
Long-haul flights. Time zone shifts. Calls and emails around the clock. When did the job of managing partner become so grueling?
: Daily Business Review : March 02, 2015
: Daily Business Review : March 02, 2015
: Daily Business Review : March 02, 2015
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : March 02, 2015
In its boldest move yet, the verein is betting big on the Chinese economy.
: New York Law Journal : March 02, 2015
Sheppard Mullin, Whiteman Osterman & Hanna, Paul Hastings, Baker & McKenzie, and Anderson Kill announce promotions, among other news.