- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Cleveland
- Head Count: 878
- Gross Revenues: $579,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $660,000
- Profits Per Partner: $810,000
- Year Over Year Change: 2
Baker & Hostetler is a Los Angeles-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Baker & Hostetler has 878 attorneys and is the 35th largest firm in the United States. With $579,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 58th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Baker & Hostetler ranked as the 69th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, NY, OH, PA, TX and WA.
In the News
: The National Law Journal : February 08, 2016
New arrivals, lateral moves, and promotions in this week's column.
Ian Lopez : Legaltech News : February 05, 2016
When it comes to gaining insight on company data, it's time for organizations to start practicing what's being preached.
: New York Law Journal : February 01, 2016
Courtroom technology, cybersecurity and analytics will be among the topics discussed this week at LegalTech, a three-day conference on technology in the legal industry in Manhattan.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : February 01, 2016
Jones Day remains a stable second and DLA Piper and Morgan Lewis are moving up, according to a survey of general counsel by Acritas Research.
Rick Kopstein, Photographer : New York Law Journal : January 28, 2016
The New York City Bar Association held its annual 'Twelfth Night' talent show on Friday with a performance of "Professional Pitfalls: Lyrical Lessons for Lawyers."
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : January 26, 2016
Houston oil and gas lawyer Rick Burleson, founder of Burleson LLP, which closed at the end of 2015, has joined Paul Hastings in Houston.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : January 26, 2016
Two days before trial, the Second Circuit on Monday stayed a civil case to address whether Baker & Hostetler and partner John Moscow should be disqualified as counsel to real estate companies accused of laundering fraud proceeds.
: New York Law Journal : January 25, 2016
Refusal to Certify, for Interlocutory Appeal, Decision Denying Disqualification Explained
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : January 22, 2016
Baker & Hostetler has named Joann Gallagher Jones the new managing partner for its Atlanta office, succeeding Chris Arena.
C. Ryan Barber : Legal Times : January 22, 2016
Martin Shkreli, the former pharmaceutical executive who grabbed headlines for raising the price of a life-saving drug by 5,000 percent, is fighting back against Congress. A Nevada federal trial judge who's clashed with the Ninth Circuit will take senior status. And a federal judge in New York finds "fraud" at the GM bellwether trial—a significant blow to the plaintiffs' case.
: The Legal Intelligencer : January 20, 2016
Philadelphia attorney Albert W. "Ted" Preston Jr. died Dec. 20 at age 82.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : January 12, 2016
In an unusual move, Southern District Judge Thomas Griesa has reversed his own disqualification ruling last month and reinstated Baker & Hostetler and partner John Moscow as counsel to real estate companies accused of laundering proceeds of a Russian fraud scheme.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : January 06, 2016
Here are the latest announcements of Atlanta lawyers who have made partner at their firms. All new partner promotions are effective Jan. 1.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : January 05, 2016
You can expect the U.S. government's crackdown on tax evasion to continue in 2016.
: Corporate Counsel : January 01, 2016
Laurie Kosanovich ❘ General Counsel, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum
Mark Hamblett : New York Law Journal : December 30, 2015
Southern District Judge Thomas Griesa on Monday withdrew his opinion disqualifying Baker & Hostetler and partner John Moscow from defending real estate companies accused of laundering the proceeds of a Russian fraud scheme.
Lizzy McLellan : The Legal Intelligencer : December 29, 2015
The Pennsylvania Supreme Court has denied the appeal of a lower court's ruling that modified a partial settlement agreement between several states and tobacco companies in a way that saved Pennsylvania about $126 million.
Judy A. Selby : Legaltech News : December 22, 2015
In its third annual Data Breach Industry Forecast, Experian makes five sobering predictions based on recent events and new and emerging trends.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : December 22, 2015
The two won a $73.6 million verdict for a small U.K. engineering firm battling a trade secrets case against the colossus Caterpillar Inc.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : December 22, 2015
Baker & Hostetler and partner John Moscow have been disqualified from defending real estate companies allegedly involved in laundering proceeds of a Russian fraud scheme after a federal judge found the firm's defense strategy involves attacks against a former client.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : December 20, 2015
Five months after joining Greenberg Traurig, a new hire heads in-house; Baker & Hostetler bags two from Kenyon & Kenyon; Sidley Austin adds a new diversity manager; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The National Law Journal : December 14, 2015
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Rebekah Mintzer : Corporate Counsel : December 14, 2015
A high-profile worker classification lawsuit against Uber Technologies Inc. in California has brought national attention to the question of whether workers in the sharing economy are full-fledged employees or just contractors on a digital platform. The issue is at the center of , but it hasn’t been the only one that matters as the case makes its way through the courts.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : December 09, 2015
Jonathan Shaw, a litigation partner at Boies, Schiller & Flexner in Washington, D.C., is representing Barclays as it squares off against former Dewey & LeBoeuf partners who were loaned money so they could pay their capital contributions.
Judy A. Selby and Bryn Bowen : Legaltech News : December 08, 2015
While email is still the primary method of business communication, it brings with it tremendous cybersecurity risks.
: The National Law Journal : December 07, 2015
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
Tony Mauro : The National Law Journal : November 28, 2015
When the U.S. Supreme Court hears a second round of arguments Dec. 9 on the use of racial factors in admitting new students at the University of Texas, it will mostly — but not totally — be a case of déjà vu all over again.
Katheryn Hayes Tucker : Daily Report : November 25, 2015
Legal air strikes continue between former fighter pilots who compete in dueling military-style business consulting companies.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : November 24, 2015
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 18, 2015
New partners join K&L Gates in Sydney and Warsaw as the firm closes a U.S. office; Norton Rose Fulbright loses two practice leaders; Sutherland snags a Kaye Scholer project finance head; and other notable address changes from throughout The Am Law 200.