- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Washington
- Head Count: 699
- Gross Revenues: $694,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $995,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,385,000
- Year Over Year Change: -2
Arnold & Porter is a Washington-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Arnold & Porter has 699 attorneys and is the 55th largest firm in the United States. With $694,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 45th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Arnold & Porter ranked as the 53rd highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, CO, DC, NY, TX and VA.
In the News
: The National Law Journal : October 05, 2015
Cases recently filed in the Washington-area district courts.
Mike Sacks and Amanda Bronstad : The National Law Journal : October 05, 2015
BP PLC has agreed to pay $20 billion in fines—the largest in U.S. history—for the Deepwater Horizon disaster spill and cleanup of 3.1 million barrels of oil that spilled into the Gulf of Mexico and onto the shores of coastal states, the U.S. Justice Department announced Monday.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : October 05, 2015
The trend of resolving patent disputes in the government's patent office, which costs a fraction of the price of litigation, has had an uneven effect on intellectual property practices across the country.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : October 05, 2015
Survivors and families of the victims of the shooting rampage at Umpqua Community College in Oregon may have viable claims against the school for failing to do more to protect the students, or perhaps against the family of shooter. But if prior lawsuits are any guide, the victims would have an extremely difficult time making claims stick against the companies that made the guns or bullets.
Sheri Qualters : The National Law Journal : October 02, 2015
A Boston federal judge has blocked plaintiffs suing Philip Morris USA from arguing that the company should have provided e-cigarettes to consumers as a safer alternative to tobacco cigarettes.
Patience Haggin and Cheryl Miller : The Recorder : October 02, 2015
Hillary is way out in front in the race for donors in the liberal-leaning legal community but Carly has a few friends at Wilson Sonsini.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : September 30, 2015
The complete defense verdict is a win for TriReme Medical—but the company is still on the hook for $20 million for fiduciary breaches.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 27, 2015
The co-head of a Los Angeles-based litigation boutique decamped for Covington & Burling, which opened in the city earlier this year; comings-and-goings at Ballard Spahr and White & Case; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The Recorder : September 25, 2015
Plus, Arnold & Porter faces uncomfortable questions. And there's no stopping Uber's least favorite lawyer.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : September 22, 2015
An administrative worker at Arnold & Porter, who was placed by a staffing agency, alleges that she was terminated after supervisors learned she was pregnant.
: The National Law Journal : September 21, 2015
ALM is pleased to announce its recognition of 50 law firms from across the country that accomplished the largest awards for their plaintiff clients in 2015.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 19, 2015
A look at the Am Law 100 firms fueling up with clients competing in the new space race; Quinn Emanuel and Kasowitz Benson's FHFA fee windfall; the legal fees of the Marcellus Shale Coalition; and Sutherland Asbill's bills backing a new stadium for the Atlanta Braves.
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : September 10, 2015
The Justice Department says it will launch a full-court press on prosecuting individuals for white collar crime in addition to corporate investigations: This is a round-up of legal news from ALM and around the country.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 09, 2015
The demise of Dewey & LeBoeuf bankrupted Geoffrey Coll, but the securities litigator has found a new home at Baker & Hostetler; Greenberg Traurig brings on Ted Kennedy's widow; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Katelyn Polantz : Legal Times : September 09, 2015
Arnold & Porter will have a new chairman on Jan. 1. Richard Alexander, the managing partner and a financial services lawyer in Washington, will take over for Thomas Milch, the firm announced Tuesday.
Susan Hansen : The American Lawyer : September 03, 2015
She brought a civil tone to the messy business of divorce law.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : September 01, 2015
Amir Tabarrok and Justin Zahrt, founders of a patent prosecution boutique, join the firm as partners in Palo Alto.
: The National Law Journal : August 31, 2015
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : August 27, 2015
Arnold & Porter's Jerome Falk and Horvitz & Levy's Jon Eisenberg have joined the legal team for Christy Donorovich-O'Donnell, whose case sputtered in the lower court.
Susan Hansen : The American Lawyer : August 24, 2015
A tireless advocate for expanding the industry's pro bono commitment.
Douglas Mccollam : The American Lawyer : August 24, 2015
"To Kill a Mockingbird" popularized the iconic lawyer as hero. But after more than 50 years, maybe readers are ready for a more nuanced approach.
: The American Lawyer : August 24, 2015
Our 12th annual awards honor lawyers whose remarkable careers have shaped the legal profession.
: The American Lawyer : August 24, 2015
Franklin California v. Commonwealth of Puerto Rico; Smartflash v. Apple; Jang v. Boston Scientific; Amphastar v. Sanofi
Susan Hansen : The American Lawyer : August 24, 2015
He whipped the Federal Trade Commission into fighting shape.
Am Law Daily Staff : The Am Law Daily : August 19, 2015
The American Lawyer honors eight longtime lawyers with distinctive careers and a commitment to public service. Three others are recognized for extraordinary talents managing their firm.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : August 11, 2015
Manatt loses another partner to Sidley in Los Angeles; Debevoise makes do with a pair of IP departures; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : August 10, 2015
The latest Arbitration Scorecard finds only seven—out of 128—billion-dollar disputes that are being heard in Asia. But Asian arbitral institutes in Singapore, Hong Kong, China and beyond see no shortage of smaller cases.
Andrew Keshner : New York Law Journal : August 10, 2015
A monitor guiding reform of the New York City Police Department's stop-and-frisk practices has offered revisions to the police patrol guide so officers have a better understanding of the Fourth Amendment law at issue.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 04, 2015
Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy brings on a Jones Day M&A duo in New York, as the firm watched two others head for the door; Morrison & Foerster adds a pair from Crowell & Moring; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Zoe Tillman : Legal Times : August 03, 2015
A round up of news from ALM affiliated publications and around the web: Inside Washington's largest law firms, the harsh realities of probation and an increase in lateral hires of older lawyers.