- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Washington
- Head Count: 699
- Gross Revenues: $694,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $995,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,385,000
- Year Over Year Change: -2
Arnold & Porter is a Washington-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Arnold & Porter has 720 attorneys and is the 53rd largest firm in the United States. With $694,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 45th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Arnold & Porter ranked as the 51st highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, CO, DC, NY and VA.
In the News
: The National Law Journal : May 25, 2015
New arrivals and laterals in this week's column.
Carlyn Kolker : The American Lawyer : May 25, 2015
The original "Engle" tobacco class action is long gone, but its progeny live on. Now the verdicts and settlements are mounting.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : May 23, 2015
Arnold & Porter's Lisa Blatt didn't fare any better than White & Case in fending off New York's efforts to block a "forced switch" to a new version of Actavis' Alzheimer's drug Namenda.
: The National Law Journal : May 18, 2015
A summary of this week's notable cases.
: The National Law Journal : May 18, 2015
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
Mark Hamblett : New York Law Journal : May 15, 2015
Assistant U.S. Attorney Randall Jackson, who helped prosecute five employees of Bernard Madoff for their role in his record-breaking Ponzi scheme, is leaving the Southern District to become a partner at Boies, Schiller & Flexner.
: New York Law Journal : May 14, 2015
Among other announcements, Helene D. Jaffe and Alan R. Kusinitz have joined Brown Rudnick, where Jaffe will head the firm's new antitrust practice.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : May 12, 2015
A San Mateo County judge awarded $150,000 of a $1.6 million fee request made by lawyers for PNY Technologies.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : May 12, 2015
In a sign that the courts are still grappling with the impact of the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in , a bitterly divided federal appeals court on this week ordered the certification of a class of black steelworkers at Nucor Corp.
: New York Law Journal : May 11, 2015
In this Special Report from the New York Law Journal: "Ambiguous Holding Leaves Common Interest Privilege Law Unstable," "Trends, Developments in DOJ Investigation of Foreign Banks," "Preparing Witnesses for Cross-Examination at Trial" and "Arbitration Offers a Superior Alternative to Juries."
Noreen Marcus : Daily Business Review : May 11, 2015
Tucker Ronzetti, who has written about mistakes in closing arguments for the Florida Bar Journal, said the Ferraro firm averted a disaster by admitting to an error and salvaging a $5 million tobacco verdict.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : May 10, 2015
A Chicago federal judge on Friday dismissed most of the city's lawsuit, which alleges that several drug manufacturers concealed the true addiction risks of OxyContin and other opioid painkillers.
Drew Combs : The American Lawyer : May 08, 2015
Most Am Law 100 firms had solid results in 2014, but some sector bets paid off especially well.
: The American Lawyer : May 07, 2015
Debevoise was part of a working group that helped the International Capital Markets Association to develop a new sovereign bond model.
: VerdictSearch : May 06, 2015
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 05, 2015
Despite a recent spate of departures, K&L Gates absorbed three-partner Moltz Morton & Glenn in Austin, Texas; Cozen O'Connor brings on a 10-lawyer state attorneys general group from Dickstein Shapiro; White & Case raids Clifford Chance in the Middle East; and more notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
: New York Law Journal : April 28, 2015
Three firms have added new partners, while two announce promotions.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 28, 2015
Another batch of lawyers departs McKenna Long & Aldridge ahead of its merger with Dentons; several Edwards Wildman Palmer legacy partners find new homes; Boies, Schiller & Flexner brings on a Justice Department veteran; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : April 27, 2015
A roundup of Washington, D.C. lateral moves and promotions.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : April 27, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Marcia Coyle : The National Law Journal : April 27, 2015
Like the institution that will hear the same-sex marriage arguments on April 28, high court advocates—and appellate lawyers in general—often have their own traditions, routines and even lucky charms to add just a fillip of confidence to the task ahead.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 26, 2015
The head of McKenna Long & Aldridge's national tax group leaves ahead of a merger with global legal giant Dentons; Arnold & Porter and Cozen O'Connor both make bulk hires from smaller firms; a Jones Day bankruptcy baron returns; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Katelyn Polantz : Legal Times : April 23, 2015
The Denver-based firm's gross revenue and net income grew by more than 10 percent last year, and the lobbying operation inched into the top three among K Street firms in the new year. Brownstein announced this week it had hired former Democratic Sen. Mark Begich of Alaska as a strategic adviser.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : April 22, 2015
Eight lawyers from Menlo Park's Agility IP Law, including founder James Otteson, have jumped to Arnold & Porter.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : April 22, 2015
Brushing aside complaints about Yelp's business practices, U.S. District Judge Jon Tigar granted a motion to dismiss the suit.
Vivia Chen : The Careerist : April 22, 2015
Despite low female partner rates, the firm gets Yale Law Women's top honors.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : April 21, 2015
Latham & Watkins and Arnold & Porter will fight antitrust claims related to the resale of Golden State Warriors tickets.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 21, 2015
K&L Gates sees six partners leave for four firms; some of Fried Frank's Asia lawyers find new homes; Jackson Lewis opens two new offices; Mayer Brown adds a practice leader; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
R. Robin McDonald : Daily Report : April 21, 2015
A rare statement of interest by the U.S. Justice Department on behalf of juvenile criminal defendants who sued the state and Cordele Circuit judges for failing to provide them with legal representation was instrumental in forging a settlement of the case this week, said the president of the Southern Center for Human Rights in Atlanta.
: The National Law Journal : April 20, 2015
The U.S. Supreme Court's three female justices came together in Washington on April 15 to pay tribute to retired Justice Sandra Day O'Connor and her legacy in the law, her work with women judges and her push to improve civic education. Plus more in this week's column.