- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
Alston & Bird LLP
- Designation: Atlanta
- Head Count: 789
- Gross Revenues: $675,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $855,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,665,000
- Year Over Year Change: -3
Alston & Bird is an Atlanta-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Alston & Bird has 789 attorneys and is the 45th largest firm in the United States. With $675,000,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 44th on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2012 Global 100 survey, Alston & Bird ranked as the 49th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, GA, NC, NY and TX.
In the News
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 19, 2014
Ashurst and Squire Patton Boggs, two growing global legal giants that have recently gone the merger route, both reshuffled overseas alliances this week as the latter saw 23 lawyers in the Middle East decamp en masse, while the former was busy raiding two Am Law 100 rivals. The Am Law Daily looks at those developments and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The National Law Journal : January 18, 2014
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Paul Shea : Daily Report : January 18, 2014
Oh, the places he's gone! Since Matt Richardson started doing international arbitration for Alston & Bird, here are some of the stamps in his passport: China, Denmark, England, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Switzerland and Turkey.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : January 15, 2014
Software uses in-house counsels' behavior to craft lawyers' online persona
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : January 15, 2014
Alston & Bird advised Norcross payments company FleetCor Technologies on its acquisition of another payments company, Comdata, for $3.45 billion.
Jennifer Genova (compiled from ThomsonReuters Financial and other sources) : New Jersey Law Journal : January 14, 2014
Vornado makes a sale, while attorneys from Budd Larner advise a Summit company when they sell a majority stake.
Mary Helen Martin : Daily Report : January 14, 2014
Solo practitioner Carter Allen bought his first road motorcycle on his 40th birthday, although he has been riding dirt bikes since he was a teenager.
Wenxiong Zhang : The Am Law Daily : January 13, 2014
FleetCor, a global provider of fuel cards and workforce payment products, has agreed to acquire Comdata Inc. from Ceridian LLC and Thomas H. Lee Partners for $3.45 billion in its largest deal ever.
Scott Stevens, Chris Douglas and Patrick Kartes : Corporate Counsel : January 12, 2014
Patent owners should consider the International Trade Commission when asserting patents or when attempting to counteract the sting of a post-grant proceeding.
Ross Todd : The Litigation Daily : January 10, 2014
Major League Baseball, the National Hockey League and cable broadcasters are stuck fighting claims that they schemed to shield regional sports networks from competition for live game broadcasts.
R. Robin McDonald : Daily Report : January 08, 2014
Lawyers cite customer privacy for details in cases in which company is accused of spying on its customers
Kathleen Baydala Joyner : Daily Report : January 06, 2014
If recently leaked campaign strategy memos are to be believed, U.S. Senate candidate Michelle Nunn is looking to Georgia lawyers as a pillar of her bid for Congress.
Julia Love : The Recorder : January 04, 2014
: Corporate Counsel : January 01, 2014
Cari K. Dawson and David Venderbush : Corporate Counsel : January 01, 2014
A trifecta of recent U.S. Supreme Court opinions has decisively transformed Rule 23 class certification from a pleading proceeding to a proof proceeding.
Recorder Staff : The Recorder : January 01, 2014
This year's list honors women leading major matters, leading within their organizations, and leading the way for other women.
Joel Stashenko : New York Law Journal : January 30, 2014
A district court's award of treble damages and legal fees against a dietary supplement maker that falsely advertised the chemical composition of its product was upheld Tuesday by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
Jeff Mordock : Delaware Business Court Insider : January 30, 2014
Shareholders of software manufacturer Ebix Inc. can pursue claims against the company for alleged misstatements about an acquisition bonus agreement its CEO was slated to receive prior to a failed $820 million buyout bid by Goldman Sachs Group Inc., the Delaware Court of Chancery has ruled.
: New York Law Journal : January 29, 2014
New York Mayor de Blasio on Friday announced the 16 appointees who will serve on the Mayor's Advisory Committee on the Judiciary.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 29, 2014
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom litigation partner Michele Roberts in Washington, D.C., has been elected executive director of the National Basketball Players Association, an organization that recently paid big money to Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison, which this week hired Citigroup deputy general counsel Elizabeth Sacksteder as a partner in New York. Those moves and more in our latest look at lateral hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Andrew Ramonas : The National Law Journal : January 28, 2014
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld has reclaimed the top spot among lobbying revenue leaders in Washington following a one-year hiatus.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 26, 2014
Arnold & Porter takes on a couple of attorneys from Alston & Bird; the embattled Bingham McCutchen brings on a partner and more notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Mary Welch : Daily Report : January 22, 2014
Robert "Robbie" Kamerschen serves as executive vice president, general counsel and corporate secretary at Aaron's Inc. In this role, he manages all legal, regulatory and governance issues.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : January 22, 2014
Avi Stadler has traded a position as a big-firm litigator to become the general counsel for Esquire Deposition Solutions, a national court-reporting company based in Atlanta.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : January 22, 2014
Thirteen firms with Atlanta offices have qualified for Gold Standard Certification this year from the Women In Law Empowerment Forum for having a "meaningful percentage" of women in leadership roles.
: The Recorder : January 21, 2014
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
: The National Law Journal : January 21, 2014
New arrivals and lateral moves in this week's column.
Katheryn Hayes Tucker : Daily Report : January 18, 2014
An indictment returned by a Cobb County grand jury paints a picture of a lawyer's nightmare: missing a deadline for filing a motion in a lawsuit.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 18, 2014
A flurry of moves at DLA Piper; a longtime Quinn Emanuel partner departs; and Bingham loses two more amid merger talks in our latest look at notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Maria Zilberman : The Recorder : January 17, 2014