- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Washington
- Head Count: 822
- Gross Revenues: $868,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,055,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,885,000
- Year Over Year Change: -1
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld is a Dallas-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld has 822 attorneys and is the 40th largest firm in the United States. With $868,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 33rd on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld ranked as the 41st highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, CO, DC, IL, NY, PA, TX and VA.
In the News
: New York Law Journal : October 14, 2015
Beyond the drive to be the best in their areas of expertise, our honorees share another trait: They have built their careers on the belief that being a lawyer is a privilege and giving back is the right thing to do.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : October 13, 2015
Foley & Lardner, Katten Muchin Rosenman and Orrick poach partners from Paul Hastings; Kirkland & Ellis hires a new practice head in Washington, D.C.; and other notable moves from throughout the Am Law 200.
Angela Neville : Texas Lawyer : October 13, 2015
Joshua Agrons, a partner in the Houston office of Norton Rose Fulbright; Steven Otillar, a partner in the Houston office of Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld; and Jennifer Price, a solo and former partner in the Houston office of King & Spalding, share their insights about advising energy-related clients in today's volatile economic environment.
Katelyn Polantz : Legal Times : October 12, 2015
Another law firm has chosen to forgo packing up and starting anew. After a three-year-long real estate search, Steptoe & Johnson LLP says it has re-signed its lease for another 15 years. It has been in the building on Connecticut Avenue near Dupont Circle for 30 years.
: The Recorder : October 12, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 11, 2015
The world's soon-to-be-largest firm by attorney head count continues to expand; Honigman Miller hires again in Chicago; Ice Miller opens in New York; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : October 09, 2015
Ingersoll Rand has drilled down to find its next general counsel. Maria Green is joining the company as senior vice president and general counsel.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : October 08, 2015
Law firms are used to partners taking their clients with them when they jump to other firms. But what about their blogs?
Mike Sacks : The National Law Journal : October 08, 2015
An apologetic Volkswagen executive on Thursday tried to assure members of Congress that the German automaker will take full responsibility for its effort to cheat U.S. emissions standards for diesel cars. Jones Day will manage "all the investigations in terms of who did what, when how and why and what we need to do,” Michael Horn, president and chief executive of Volkswagen Group of America, said.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : October 07, 2015
Mental health advocacy groups are working to remove stigmas and barriers to treatment in the legal industry. National Depression Screening Day is Thursday.
Susan Beck : The Am Law Daily : October 06, 2015
The legal lineup continues to expand on both sides of Volkswagen's historic corporate disaster.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : October 02, 2015
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld represents Houston-based Sanchez Energy Corp. in sale of assets for about $345 million.
: The Legal Intelligencer : September 29, 2015
: New York Law Journal : September 29, 2015
Eight firms, including Troutman Sanders, Epstein Becker, Debevoise and Kramer Levin, have added new attorneys.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : September 29, 2015
An unseemly trademark fight has erupted between the federal government and the outgoing contractor that has run Yosemite's food and lodging concessions since 1993. Delaware North wants $51 million for trademarks including the Ahwahnee Hotel and "Yosemite National Park" on souvenirs. How did it come to this?
Angela Neville : Texas Lawyer : September 29, 2015
With the legal assistance of the Houston firm of Akin Gump, Valero Energy Partners is in the process of buying the Corpus Christi Terminal Services Business from a subsidiary of Valero Energy Corp. for $465 million.
Celia Ampel : Daily Business Review : September 29, 2015
A former Tampa Bay Buccaneer who claims he contracted a drug-resistant staph infection at the team's training camp wins the right to pursue his claim in state court.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : September 28, 2015
Two Houston firms are listed in "Awesome Opponents" category in BTI Litigation Outlook 2016 survey of in-house lawyers.
Susan Beck : The American Lawyer : September 28, 2015
The firm becomes the latest to trade in its two-tier partnership in favor of an equity-for-all model.
Susan Beck and Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : The American Lawyer : September 28, 2015
As out-of-state firms gain market share in the Lone Star State, native Texas firms are having to rethink their strategies.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : The American Lawyer : September 28, 2015
Bell / NFL v. CRTC; Re Nortel Networks Corp.; Dunkin' Brands Canada Ltd. v. Bertico
: The National Law Journal : September 28, 2015
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
: The Am Law Daily : September 24, 2015
The American Lawyer Global M&A Deals of the Year recognize transactions that redrew the corporate map in every corner of the globe.
: The American Lawyer : September 22, 2015
The American Lawyer's Global Legal Awards in finance recognize the 10 deals that best exemplify the challenges of transnational finance practice, from capital markets offerings to capital restructurings to infrastructure projects.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 22, 2015
After a few months of partner losses, K&L Gates has been on a hiring spree in September, but some firm lawyers continue to find new homes; Morgan Lewis lands a former NLRB member; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The National Law Journal : September 21, 2015
Lateral moves in this week's column.
: The National Law Journal : September 21, 2015
While GOP presidential hopefuls invoked the legacy of Ronald Reagan on a California debate stage on Sept. 16, a group of high-powered lawyers and judges met in New York to honor another storied American: Thurgood Marshall. Plus more in this week's column.
Katherine Jo : The Asian Lawyer : September 21, 2015
On Sept. 17, nearly 200 leading legal professionals attended the 9th annual China Law & Practice Awards at the JW Marriott Hotel in Beijing—our first awards since joining the ALM Media network in August.
KATELYN POLANTZ AND ZOE TILLMAN : The National Law Journal : September 21, 2015
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 19, 2015
A look at the Am Law 100 firms fueling up with clients competing in the new space race; Quinn Emanuel and Kasowitz Benson's FHFA fee windfall; the legal fees of the Marcellus Shale Coalition; and Sutherland Asbill's bills backing a new stadium for the Atlanta Braves.