Billionaire Dhanin Chearavanont's bid for Thai discount warehouse chain Siam Makro is the biggest M&A deal announced in Asia so far this year.
The $920 million stock offering by LT Group is the largest ever in the Philippines.
By Tom Brennan, April 18, 2013 :: Deals
* Herbert Smith Freehills guides the winning consortium on a $5.3 billion Aussie port lease deal
* Singapore's Stamford Law advises on a $470 million reverse merger
* Simpson Thacher and Davis Polk on a $650 million acquisition in India
KKR is buying control of the Indian tire company from fellow private equity giant Warburg Pincus.
The firm is acting for a consortium that had the winning bid for a lease to operate Port Botany and Port Kembla in New South Wales
By Jessica Seah, April 11, 2013 :: Deals
*WongPartnership advises Singapore's Changi Airport on new $968 million terminal*Suncorp Group taps King & Wood Mallesons for $500 million bond issue*Allens on sale of Lend Lease Group's Australian aged care business to New York hedge fund
The world's largest chipmaker issued two tranches of notes in order to raise money for general corporate purposes.
By Tom Brennan, April 4, 2013 :: Deals
* Cargill turns to WongPartnership for a $1.25 billion Asia refinancing
* King & Wood Mallesons helps an Aussie developer acquire stakes in three Sydney office towers
* Clifford Chance leads on $403 million dim sum bond issue
By Jessica Seah, March 28, 2013 :: Deals
* Skadden and King & Wood Mallesons on $3 billion Sinopec JV
* KKR turns to Simpson Thacher to exit the Japanese temp business
* Dorsey & Whitney and Crawford Bayley guide an Indian bank on a $370 million share placement
The national security review is the biggest single hurdle to many Chinese investments in the U.S., but many in China think the process is unfair.