By Quiteria Leung, November 14, 2013 :: Deals
* Vinson & Elkins on CNPC's $2.6 billion Peruvian oilfield buy
* MoFo and Wilson Sonsini take the lead on a $917 million Chinese semiconductor deal
* Clifford Chance helps MSG giant Ajinomoto buy into the Turkish sauce market
The Hong Kong-listed Chinese developer is raising the money in order to refinance existing debt.
The Chinese state-owned oil giant is buying its Brazilian counterpart's stake in three oil and gas fields in Peru.
Tsinghua Unigroup has proposed to acquire U.S.-listed Chinese semiconductor maker RDA Microelectronics for $917 million.
The Magic Circle firm is advising the Singaporean sovereign wealth fund on its joint purchase of a 9.9 percent interest in the Bank of the Philippine Islands.
By Quiteria Leung, November 7, 2013 :: Deals
* Skadden, Russell McVeagh advise on New Zealand's largest-ever IPO for Meridian Energy
* Baker & McKenzie guides a Chinese conglomerate buying a Hong Kong bank for $1.5 billion
* A Dubai commodities firm turns to Stamford for a Singapore reverse merger
The Chinese bank, which operates in Anhui and Jiangsu provinces, will used the funds raised from its Hong Kong listing to strengthen its capital base.
The Taiwanese financial services group has offered to buy a majority stake in Tokyo Star Bank for $527 million.
China's Yue Xiu Group is planning to acquire a majority stake in Hong Kong's family-owned Chong Hing Bank.
The shifting market, a series of departures and leadership changes—in the U.S. as well as Asia—have raised questions about the firm's Asia strategy. But chairman Bradley Butwin insists that O'Melveny's commitment to Asia is as strong as it ever was.