By Quiteria Leung, December 12, 2013 :: Deals
* Total goes in-house for a $3.6 billion New Guinea oil and gas deal
* Freshfields takes the lead on planned $2.8 billion China Everbright Bank IPO
* Allens and Clifford Chance on $1 billion U.S.-China lithium joint venture
King & Wood Mallesons and Allens are representing rival groups bidding for a fund holding properties valued at $3.5 billion.
China Everbright Bank plans to use the proceeds to boost its capital base and further grow its business.
By Anna Zhang, December 9, 2013 :: Deals
Herbert Smith Freehills is on the other side of the transaction, advising Houston-based InterOil Corp.
The deal will see U.S. specialty chemical maker Rockwood Holdings Inc. and China's Chengdu Tianqi Industry Group form a joint venture to share ownership of Australia's Talison Lithium Pty Ltd.
By Quiteria Leung, December 5, 2013 :: Deals
* Davis Polk advising Chinese bad loan buyer Cinda on its upcoming $2.5 billion IPO
* PetroChina turns to Herbert Smith Freehills for an Iraqi oil investment
* Simpson Thacher and Amarchand on a $200 million Indian pharmaceutical investment by KKR
The shifting market, a series of departures and leadership changes—in the U.S. as well as Asia—have raised questions about the firm's Asia strategy. But chairman Bradley Butwin insists that O'Melveny's commitment to Asia is as strong as it ever was.