By Jessica Seah, May 23, 2013 :: Deals
* China's State Grid turns to Linklaters and Allens for Australia buying spree
* Clifford Chance and Allen & Gledhill on Singapore's second-biggest IPO this year
* Ropes & Gray and Cleary guide Blackstone-led consortium on $680 million Pactera take-private bid
The Chinese state-owned utility has agreed to buy Australian power assets believed to be worth almost $4 billion.
The listing of Asian Pay Television Trust, an investment vehicle for Taiwan's largest cable television operator, is expected to be the second-largest in Singapore so far this year.
A consortium led by Blackstone Group is proposing to take China's largest IT outsourcing company private.
If successful, the $270 million listing will be the first in Hong Kong by a Korean company.
By Tom Brennan, May 16, 2013 :: Deals
* Davis Polk on a $4 billion bond offering for China's CNOOC
* Allen & Overy advising Sinopec Engineering on its $2.7 billion IPO
* Four Wall Street firms take on AsiaInfo-Linkage's $890 million take-private deal
A significant amount of yen is flowing into Southeast Asia as Japanese companies seek growth outside the country. The lawyers aren't far behind.